When dating , who is more likely to date someone based on their financial status?

So who is more likely to date someone based on their status. Ps women please be honest. Also, state why the man or woman is more likely. When dating , who is more likely to date someone based on their financial status?When dating , who is more likely to date someone based on their financial status?
  • Women
    Vote A
  • Men
    Vote B
  • Both
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Men are asking me "are you serious"? I'm very serious because I've noticed men I work around who are educated like to know my educational background and either find it very impressive and brag about it or they either give me tips on pursuing a high education.
With that being said I'm trying to understand why a man would be impressed by that. i can't explain

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• When women get past childbearing years, many of them still maintain financial qualifications for who they date. At this age, they aren't thinking about supporting a family on one paycheck, but they are thinking about retirement and how many trips they can take.

When I was online dating, it was quite common to see women say that they did not want to date a guy who earned less than $100,000 per year.

I dated a woman who had no retirement plans and no entitlement to Social Security. When she made it clear that she expected me to support her so that she could soon retire, we broke up.

I dated a woman who is 82 years old. She is looking for old guys with lots of money for her to inherit when they die. She has already done that twice, lives in a very, very nice condo on the beach, travels two or three times per year, and really doesn't need more money, but her behavior is a habit and not a conscious plan.

I have had women ask me on a third date about retirement accounts, investment properties, etc.

I would never think of asking a woman such questions. If I fall in love with her, I will accept her as she is - rich, poor, or in between.

@Logorithim, have you had that experience with women of your generation?

1|1
    0|0
    • @OlderandWiser, I haven't gotten to the point with any woman my age where we would discuss anything financial since they were completely turned off by the fact I have three kids under age 10. With women in their 30s, financials do come up, but less directly (they seem to use your job as a proxy for your financial situation). My impression is that they want to get the best deal possible in a guy but especially that there is a minimum income level he needs to have.

I have some female friends in their mid-40s, and they have told me that they also go by a guy's job, but they are childless, have good jobs and don't have any intention of getting married, so it is not as big a deal for them.

The interesting thing about older women being focused on a guy's financials is that there is a surplus of older women relative to men that increases with age.

• Show All
    • Very, very interesting. Thanks for explaining that.

• Thanks for MHO!

• the women who couldnt admit women chose both ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd rather date a delicious looking man of whose financial status is unknown to me. But I'm older than him anyway.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Is this a serious question? Women are pickier and guys are more likely to take what they get. Would be more interesting to ask if this also applies to women past childbearing age. Perhaps @OlderandWiser can comment on that?

1|1
    1|0
  • Women by a billion times obviously. They usually naturally care about things like his job, if he's "ambitious," and his education level. All of those interesting are subconsciously because they want him to have money or be a provider. Men generally care about none of what I've mentioned.

1|0
    0|0
    • Regarding your update, you've likely misinterpreted them. I doubt they are saying high education is something they are attracted to when dating. More likely they have brought you into the penis measuring contest of the male ego wanting to be better than their peers. They are just measuring better as more education. These are very different.

• Women. They don't necessarily want to work hard for much of anything. Which is why you always hear people tell women to; โ€make sure you marry rich..โ€ or โ€make sure he is able to take care of you..โ€ it's never, can you help each other be successful, or can you take care of your responsibility. We never hear anything about that

1|0
    0|0
    • Well men are becoming more enlightened these days.. they donโ€™t just want the trophy wife BS. Which I feel is disrespectful to women in the first place. I donโ€™t need arm candy. I need someone thatโ€™s going to work with me, travel with me, be successful with me, have fun with me, be especially sexually filthy with me in bed and have intellectual conversations about life. Usually women want to skate by on there looks and ability and be taken care of instead of taking care of there responsibilities. (Thank God there is also a shift in that mindset in women starting as well..) However, women want a man thatโ€™s financially secure, itโ€™s only fitting that a man want a women that is educated and wonโ€™t take all his assets because she is not capable of knowing how to use her resources wisely

• 1|1
    0|0
    • Justifying female superficiality all the way... LOL
      I lost a lot of respect for Kari Byron for this.

• Women , because human females are wired to seek a provider , this is NOT a " wimmin are all gold diggers " type statement , it is hard wired nature in action. I am a single dad , and I do not bother dating as I am well aware I am not desirable to women , as I already have the job of provider , combined with I don't want to enter a relationship again , after the marriage I ended. Platonic arms length friends only , I have some great female friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • Although if women remain sincere, they will win, I must say that there is an important change here. Old statistics will blow everything with near 80-90 %of women who really cares it, and now they will be near 50%.
    So there is really a change, even I have seen a woman who took in charge the job part while the husband made the house and cared the kids, and she didn't say anything about being the one who made the 100%. So things are changing.

0|0
    0|0
  • not interested in money and i wouldn't want a girl with me because i drive a mercedes... its about personality to me and socioeconomics just dont come into it

1|0
    0|0
  • I am financially independant, have a house, and generally financially successful.

I would not date a woman who was not at least partially financially independent. At minimum, having a full time job and paying for the majority of their own expenses. I dont think it is unreasonable to still live with your parents, or if your parents still pay for certain things like your cellphone or car insurance.

I simply don't have any interest in dating someone who is accustomed to having others provide for them.

1|0
    0|1
  • Money isn't everything. It's about the person. They have to really like eachother in a mental state for anything to really happen. Can't be bragging and flashing their money in other people's faces. It's just rude

1|0
    0|2
  • Idgaf whether she has money or status.
    For most men I know they only look for good looks and good behavior.

2|0
    0|0
  • It's women, because men are the ones giving money to women. But that being said I won't date a homeless woman if she was hot. Men also care about social status but not because of money

1|0
    0|0
  • Women, without a doubt. Not that there's anything wrong with that, though.

1|0
    0|0
  • Women want a man to be either of two things: equal or better

1|0
    0|0
  • Though it changes somewhat with age, men go for the visual first, then the rest. Her status is easily overlooked if she's eye candy and isn't totally dumb. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Women, or ladies, or girls, or bitches, or broads, or females, or...

1|1
    0|0
  • Women for sure. You do see some men who date women (or other men) for money too, but in the heterosexual world it's more common to see women dating men for money. Or at least women tend to be more successful at gold-digging than men are :P.

This should go without saying, but I by no means think that all women date for money. Even some of my worst exes didn't care about money. I'm by no means a rich guy (moreso middle class), but my current girlfriend comes from a lower income background than I do and she is definitely dating me for money.

1|0
    0|0
    • I date for love. If I can't get love, then companionship. I've invited a homeless man to dinner. He has less than I do. For money? No.

• @DakotaNorth Ugh, meant to say my girlfriend is definitely NOT dating me for my money

• Women. Money alone can attract a woman without the guy doing much at all.

1|0
    0|0
  • women because they want to fear safe for the future

0|0
    0|0
  • Shallow people that you want nothing to do with, thatโ€™s who

1|0
    0|0
  • Women, definitely. If you keep a man's belly filled and his balls empty, you'll have a happy man.

1|0
    0|0
  • By personal experience men. In my area it's like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol at the 2 men and women in denial...

1|0
    0|0
    • I know ๐Ÿ˜‘

• Show All
    • @Inneedofusername
      "Men want rich women who have already spent their money on appearance."
      Men want pretty women, and prettines can sometimes be bought for money. I don't think that directly translates to "men want money in women", but it would be hard to deny that money makes the world go round.

"Good CLOTHES, they are so important when it comes to appearance."
      I agree with this, but take it from my experience - fashionable women's clothes are cheaper than fashionable men't clothes.
      In fact that makes sense - men dress less fashionably on average, and buy less clothes, thus their clothes take more money to produce per unit, and cost more money. Women buy more clothes, thus their price per unit is lower.
      I know for a fact that a pair of decent male jeans cost like 8000 HUF minimum around here, while a pair of decent women's jeans usually cost around 3-4000 HUF.

• Why is this even a poll
    ๐Ÿ˜‚

1|2
    0|0
  • I always hear women talk about doing so in my country, but hardly any men.

0|0
    0|0
  • Both
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

1|0
    0|4
  • Women

1|0
    0|0
  • We all know its the females

1|0
    0|0
  • Both women and men are equal in this

0|0
    0|0
  • Women, obviously.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ladies love their money.

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm on a pitiful disability income. My daughter and I get by without much luxury. What luxury? Internet. That's about it.

• Women I reckon

1|0
    0|0
  • More security

1|0
    0|0
  • l would say girls

0|0
    0|0
  • The woman. It's a biological throwback of needing the man to demonstrate he is a good provider so she feels secure enough to bear his children.
    ~ Ms Manson

0|0
    0|0
  • Obviously it's women. It's so blatantly obvious that women themselves can't even deny it.

1|0
    0|0
  • "I've noticed men I work around who are educated like to know my educational background and either find it very impressive and brag about it or they either give me tips on pursuing a high education."
    This has nothing to do with what they find appealing in women. If anything, they're doing this kind of thing to appeal to women, establish hierarchies, alliances, friendships and help you out in appealing more with you education or career (to women).

So I feel like the "Are you serious?" question wasn't really answered effectively.

1|0
    0|0
    • "With that being said I'm trying to understand why a man would be impressed by that"
      They aren't impressed in a way that makes them attracted to particular women.

• How did one retard pick men.

Feminism is such a mental disorder.

0|2
    0|0
  • No-brainer question. Everyone knows women go for the fat rich guy instead of the handsome broke guy. Men are the opposite.

1|0
    0|0
    • ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜†

• Thats why I told the women to be honest. a lot of them on here say no no not me but let's be real what's been taught to us women all our lives? date the financially stable guy, the bread winner, the mans man

• I donโ€™t really care, but if you gave me a choice of two identical women and one of them is rich, you best believe Iโ€™m fucking the rich one

2|0
    0|0
  • Women, clearly!

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes