When dating , who is more likely to date someone based on their financial status?

So who is more likely to date someone based on their status. Ps women please be honest. Also, state why the man or woman is more likely. When dating , who is more likely to date someone based on their financial status?When dating , who is more likely to date someone based on their financial status?
  • Women
  • Men
  • Both
    Vote C
Men are asking me "are you serious"? I'm very serious because I've noticed men I work around who are educated like to know my educational background and either find it very impressive and brag about it or they either give me tips on pursuing a high education.
With that being said I'm trying to understand why a man would be impressed by that. i can't explain

637

Most Helpful Guys

• When women get past childbearing years, many of them still maintain financial qualifications for who they date. At this age, they aren't thinking about supporting a family on one paycheck, but they are thinking about retirement and how many trips they can take.

When I was online dating, it was quite common to see women say that they did not want to date a guy who earned less than $100,000 per year.

I dated a woman who had no retirement plans and no entitlement to Social Security. When she made it clear that she expected me to support her so that she could soon retire, we broke up.

I dated a woman who is 82 years old. She is looking for old guys with lots of money for her to inherit when they die. She has already done that twice, lives in a very, very nice condo on the beach, travels two or three times per year, and really doesn't need more money, but her behavior is a habit and not a conscious plan.

I have had women ask me on a third date about retirement accounts, investment properties, etc.

I would never think of asking a woman such questions. If I fall in love with her, I will accept her as she is - rich, poor, or in between.

@Logorithim, have you had that experience with women of your generation?

• @OlderandWiser, I haven't gotten to the point with any woman my age where we would discuss anything financial since they were completely turned off by the fact I have three kids under age 10. With women in their 30s, financials do come up, but less directly (they seem to use your job as a proxy for your financial situation). My impression is that they want to get the best deal possible in a guy but especially that there is a minimum income level he needs to have.

I have some female friends in their mid-40s, and they have told me that they also go by a guy's job, but they are childless, have good jobs and don't have any intention of getting married, so it is not as big a deal for them.

The interesting thing about older women being focused on a guy's financials is that there is a surplus of older women relative to men that increases with age.

• Very, very interesting. Thanks for explaining that.

• Thanks for MHO!

• the women who couldnt admit women chose both ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd rather date a delicious looking man of whose financial status is unknown to me. But I'm older than him anyway.