If you were single and 33 and did not have any friends who were single and compatible, what would you do?

• Date a guy you think is attractive even if he isn't everything you want in a guy
    Vote A
  • Stay single and enjoy life
    Vote B
  • Go to a church or a gym and try to meet people who might date you - start looking
    Vote C
  • Try to attract men by upgrading your career and getting more fit
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|3

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm actually in my mid-30s and I just remain single indefinitely, most of it is work, eat, sleep, come around here or do whatever I got to do on the internet, research, shop, pay bills, etc., do assignments, take a shower, rinse and repeat, and on days off, do laundry, cook my own meals and it repeats again and again. Even my buddies are on different work schedules and don't have time to chill on a regular basis anymore. Even the ones that are single and aren't dating and aren't married or anything. But it's just the way how things are.

0|0
    0|0
  • Been there. Tried online dating. It worked. Now I'm married.

0|0
    0|0
    • which service did you use?

• Show All
    • @Blightly I don't recommend the website. Because I used it once and stopped using it after a few months and then 5 years later my cousin uses the dating site and he found my profile on the site even though I had not been active on it in 5 years. On that site guys pay and girls use it for free.

• @Blightly match. com but that was some years ago and TBH it's a bit of a scam. They will show you profiles of people who are not current subscribers and it's unlikely they will read your message. Only people who have been active within the past couple of weeks are real. However, the people who are currently subscribed are serious enough to pay the membership fee. Still I had a long dry spell before I met her. I got plenty of dates but no second dates -- some liked me but none were what I was looking for.

Most Helpful Girls

• A combination of all the above.
    A) no guy will hit all the check marks
    B) enjoy life while single
    C) church might work but gym is not very social place
    D) getting fit helps but not sure about the career.

0|0
    0|0
  • Try Online Dating, and Join volunteer groups or go to places that help you meet guys with similar interests!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Your age is not a problem, and don't listen to anyone who says it is. Unless you think there is something about yourself that makes you undateable (in which case, fix it), go places and talk to guys you find interesting.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was single 22-26... so for those years... i learned, met people, hung out with a lot of people. travel, give my services, better myself acadmically, and socially...
    i was single again.. took time off from dating. learn a lot about my self... then date again...

1|0
    0|0
  • "Date a guy you think is attractive even if he isn't everything you want in a guy"

Because nobody will ever fulfil all of your needs, that perfect person you are waiting for doesn't exist. I personally think you should go for someone else though, it would be better to date someone you're not attracted to but you are more compatible personality wise.

0|1
    0|0
  • sounds hypothetical? I think I'd try everything... running out of clock time for making kids.
    find singles functions in your area, try new hobbies,
    dad guys off gag
    dating service?
    and stay single and enjoy life
    start singles function/club... pick the one you want
    start a men's cooking class... pick the one you want.

0|0
    1|0
  • "Try to attract men by upgrading your career and getting more fit"

Guys don't give AF about these things unless they have an unhealthy attraction to abs. In which case you'll never see them anyway, because they'll be working out and preparing protein shakes all the time.

0|1
    1|0
  • Why wouldn't you do B, C AND D all at once? I have to say though, upgrading your career and getting into better shape are things you should do for YOU, not because you want to meet guys. Let's say you decide you don't want to date for a while, maybe a long while. Does that mean you should stay in a job you don't like, or is going nowhere, and let yourself get fat and out of shape? I think not. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I’d enjoy being single and do loads of different stuff like art workshops and evening classes in whatever takes the fancy, if I meet someone en route then I do if not then I guess not 🤷🏼‍♂️

0|0
    0|0
  • As a guy who is in his early/mid 30s. And currently single/separated from my former spouse. I do enjoy being single. But if I happen to find someone with whom to spend time wit and possibly date. Then I would welcome the new experience.

0|0
    0|0
  • Get a pen and paper and write out what your looking for in a Partner and be as detailed as possible, what interests and hobbies would he have? Those must as well be hobbies and interests that your passionate about and are fully invested in. Then look for Clubs and social events so you can check out prospective partners with similar Values, Beliefs and Goals

0|0
    0|0
  • Go actually try and find a relationship and if not live your life to fullest simple as that cause that's what it is for, I've only had two relationships in my life couldn't find another so gave up and decided to live my life

0|0
    0|0
  • Did someone make this question for me? LOL. Kidding Jennifer; I'm in the same boat as you.
    I'm single, same age as you, and while I do have a few single friends, we've been friends for so long, we just see each other as... well friends. There's no type of romantic interest there outside of friendship.

So I've just accepted it really. I'm enjoying my life as a bachelorette, hang out with my friends, find hobbies and interests to keep me busy and happy. And if a guy comes along that clicks with me? Awesome. If not, I'm not going to stress over it.
    We still have plenty of time to find the right man. It's hard to date in your 30s but NOT impossible. Just stop looking and one day the right guy will come along when you're not even trying to find one.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think you don't give guys a chance, I usually talk about the present and the box in which it comes, if you don't dare to meet new people, and you are afraid to know them, is as if you get a present and never open the box in which it's included

0|0
    0|0
  • I voted C. Put yourself out there! Not just in dating situations, but social situations as well. Meeting more people in general will organically increase your dating pool 👍🏾

0|1
    0|0
  • I’ll just carry on with life. This is basically me.. but diff age.

1|0
    0|0
  • I know what I do, I stay single and remain miserable (this is not necessarily related to being single as correlation is not causation)

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, I'm not 33. But since I'm close, I'd say enjoy my life. If I end up finding love, great. If not, then I'll enjoy my life as much as I can as a single guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • The person will come. No point going out with people who I don’t want to. Just enjoy life, you don’t need boys to make you happy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Carry on with my life. Doesn’t matter to me if I spend the rest of my life with a woman or not

0|0
    0|0
  • You have to work a little harder to find someone. I have never met anyone through friends, they were all total strangers at one point.

0|0
    0|0
  • Find a guy who will happily smash you silly on a semi-regular basis. 👍

0|1
    0|0
  • Go to a church or a gym and try to meet people who might date you - start looking

1|1
    0|0
  • Use a social media and ask the same question (and hope some stranger wants me)

0|0
    0|0
  • Stay single! It's only society that demands that you should be with someone!

0|0
    0|0
  • C (and D). At least maybe you'll make some new friends even if you don't get a guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • just go out and have fun with which ever guy takes your fancy

0|0
    0|0
  • This is a hard question. I guess, I would be single and become a cat lady for the rest of life XD

0|0
    0|0
  • Van life or tiny house out west. Spend summer Mountain biking and winter skiing.

0|0
    0|0
  • If we can't find anyone good for us the only thing is to enjoy our single life 😁

0|0
    0|0
  • Focus on being successful and in time a person will come around

0|0
    0|0
  • If you seek a relationship get out there and mingle. But just enjoy life either way.

0|0
    0|0
  • High standards and now your lonely. A timeless classic that You've brought on yourself

0|0
    0|1
  • Id say u are fucked
    being brutally honest

0|1
    0|0
  • Get out there, meet new people. Live life.

0|0
    0|0
  • Find someone single and compatible

0|0
    0|0
  • Expand on your dating geography.

0|0
    0|0
  • Put urself out there more 🤷‍♀

0|0
    0|0
  • You forgot: Join the world of online personals. :D

0|0
    0|0
  • I voted B.
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

0|0
    0|0
  • You forgot 'do nothing and continue as you are'

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't care.

0|0
    0|0
  • Enjoy the single life which I currently.

0|0
    0|0
  • Start eating more and grow morbidly obese.

0|0
    0|0
  • Make money Prepare to die alone...

0|0
    0|0
  • Church probably is best. Baptist church? LOL

0|0
    0|0
  • Go over seas and work.

0|0
    0|0
  • Make new friends for real

0|0
    0|0
  • I am in this exact situation, only way past 33.

0|0
    0|0
  • Get rich

0|0
    0|0
  • l am a single guy looking for a nice date

0|0
    0|0
  • Would become a step dad

0|0
    0|0
Show More