Would you give honest feedback on a date to someone you decided not to pursue things any further with?

If so, under what conditions would you not provide honest feedback?

1|2

Most Helpful Guys

• Only if they asked. But I doubt many women would ask cause they can score without too much trouble so would just move onto the next date without too much thought. Also it would be too much of a hit to their ego to admit there is something wrong about the way she goes about her dates. She'll put it down to "no chemistry with the guy" instead.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would give honest feedback. I'm honest and blatent. My mind also goes in 19 different directions. The 20th gets derailed often so it's under repair. Might take like a month to get it back on track. The others have many passengers with different thoughts of their own.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• If the person asked for it, I would try to give it in a way that was productive and not hurtful-- even though I've tried providing a reason and it has led to being called a bitch or a tease.

1|2
    0|0
  • No, probably not. Unless I really wanted to hurt his feelings then I would be blunt. But I'm too nice to even be rude towards the bitter end. I just avoid it and move on.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I would give honest feedback if they asked or if I felt they deserved it, good or bad. Sometimes the date is great but it's just not right for whatever reason, and I would want them to know to keep doing what they're doing, just not with me

0|2
    0|0
  • No, I have ghosted some :( my bad... didn't know then.
    I have text back saying my feelings are not there.

I think if he seeks feedback, it can get uncomfortable...

0|1
    0|0
  • Feedback as in what I'd did or didn't like, I wouldn't that's insulting a personal and they are their ow character, individual. I would say whether I wanted to see them again or not. What's wrong for one person is someone else's perfect, no need to highlight their negatives that are perceived by me

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course. I'm very blunt, so if I just wasn't interested in them, I would tell them. But I would not be rude to point out things I didn't like about them and all.

0|1
    0|0
  • There is no reason to do that. The next guy isn’t going to be me. If she finds me attactive he might have similar eye color, hair cut, or height, but he’s not going to think like me.

0|1
    0|0
  • If the date went well but I'd not feel like pursuing things, I'd say I have had a wonderful time, she's an amazing girl and although she's not my type, I'd be interested in being friends if she wants.

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't unless she asked for it cause otherwise, there's just no point, it's over now and honest feedback isn't going to do anything really if she didn't ask for any...

0|2
    0|0
  • If they wouldn't specifically ask me, I probably wouldn't. It can hurt the other person sometimes and I just wouldn't wanna risk that

0|1
    0|0
  • Yup
    I wouldn’t give any feedback if I would still see the person on a regular basis or if they are friends with my friends

0|1
    0|0
  • I’d be kind and a bit diplomatic, but there’s a point where I would still be honest, just maybe on a different way.

Instead of “You’re too much of a militant SJW and you’ve slept with twenty guys in the last year” “I think you’d consider me too conservative, and I just think what we’re looking for in a relationship is very different.” Which to a point is how I would actually see it. I try not to blame her for just being into different things and give benefit of the doubt.

If she pressed it and pestered, I think I’d be more honest about what I was looking for, and that I just didn’t think it’d work.

But as A guy, I learned early on not to give a woman any extra chance to be nasty to me... just leave it at: she said no. I don’t need to know why. Just leave it.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would and have in the past. I hate it when people just disappear and don’t follow up.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not if I know it’s going to offend or hurt the persons feelings

0|1
    0|1
  • I would only if they asked, or if the date was extremely bad or extremely good to the point I’d HAVE to express it

1|1
    0|0
  • If the person politely asked I would politely try to explain why assuming it wasn't because they acted like a lunatic during the date or something

0|1
    0|0
  • No, there's nothing in it for me and whatever it is is probably unchangeable.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes... I just did last night. When I would not. When it does not seem necessary. After all, sometimes the 'feeling' is mutual.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would be delighted to as long they agreed to be polite and not take it personally

0|1
    0|0
  • I would provide clear and honest feedback in any condition without breaking her heart 🤞

1|1
    0|0
  • Yeah I’m always straight forward if I don’t want to see them again. I’d rather know, instead of figuring it out passively

0|1
    0|0
  • if the truth is too harsh, i can be cold but not that cold.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on the reasons. I am not into hurting someones feelings if I can avoid it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, if they honestly want to know.

0|2
    0|0
  • Absolutely

0|1
    0|0
  • Sure. I would be as gentle as possible

0|1
    0|0
  • It would probably be fairly vague.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I would and have told them.

0|1
    0|0
  • If they ask for honesty, yes

0|1
    0|0
  • I would, honestly and respectfully.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sure but not be hurtful.

0|2
    0|0
  • Yeah sure. Why not?

1|3
    1|0
    • I’m diplomatic and caring by nature so I feel no need to hide anything. I understand that the nicest thing to do is be diplomatically honest.

• Show All
    • @BigToeJohn420 I’m not sure what you mean?

• To be honest I’m not someone who has a problem with the truth, although I don’t like rudeness (yes there’s a difference). If you tell someone something in a dignified way it actually earns respect.

• No i would not.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes