Do you agree with this woman who told me to mind my own business?

My friend has been dating this guy for over 4 months. When they first got together, he was very kind to her. He was like a dream - driving 6-10 hours every weekend to take her on dates at beaches and shopping trips in different countries. They hung out every day and he paid for everything even though he had very little money. Now she cries a lot.

She told me on the last date they had he told her she was a worthless piece of trash and a gold digger and a slut and worthless whore.

She did sleep around and have very low standards before she started dating him - putting up with men who used her for money and had no respect for her.

But I said they should break up and she shouldn't be with a guy who treats her like that.

And a lady told me to mind my own business and not butt into other people's love's lives.

Was she right in telling me to mind my own business?

1923

Most Helpful Guys

• You have the right to help out a friend. And I agree with you that if he isn’t showing her respect now then she will never get it from her. We... none of us can change our histories. Whom ever that lady was tell her to mind her own business.

• No. She complained to you and you responded. If she didn't want a response she should have kept it to herself. I'm sorry for her but if this keeps up you may have to drop her.

Most Helpful Girls

• She's your friend and you care about her well being while this other lady probably doesn't give a f*ck, so... no, I don't agree with her.

• Whos this “lady”?
    If your friend asked you for advice your entitled to state your opinion