Would you ever date a man/woman who's a technology geek?

Someone who passionately LOVES technology, buys all sorts of latest high-end electronic devices, and works in the tech field as an engineer or maintenance person for them.

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Depends
    Vote C
  • Others
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Considering I'm a gamer and spend most of my time on a computer, heck yeah! It would be cool to discuss the latest technology with someone and he could teach me more about pcs, phones, consoles, or anything else he's into.

As long as he doesn't go broke trying to buy all the newest toys that come out, I see no issue with dating a techy guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, my current guy loves technology, stays up to date on things and likes to buy the newest stuff. Can get annoying at the amount of money that's spent, but it's nice seeing him passionate about something.

0|0
    0|0
    • Does he often buy the latest smartphones (Samsung Galaxy S, iPhones, etc.), tablets (iPads, Samsung Galaxy Tabs, etc.) and latest video game console models (Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, etc.)?

• He likes having all the new consoles (besides Xbox). He trades in his galaxy regularly for the newest one and is kinda protective over it for the first month XD He's not obsessed with the newest games if he knows he wouldn't play them, but he definitely has a lot of them.

Most Helpful Guys

• Usually people that understand technology don’t waste money on tons of useless shit. It’s businessmen looking for status symbols or technology illiterate people that are constantly being sold the next piece of crap based on buzz words.

0|1
    0|0
    • I buy a lot of technology myself but only the ones that I know for sure that I'm gonna use. Once I stop using an electronic device, I sell them or give them away to a family member.

• Well most people I know check benchmarks and determine what they need rather than chasing fads and ads.

• Hell yeah, having someone that also understands would be awesome, just as long as they're not apple obsessed

0|0
    0|0
    • Nothing against Apple but I do wish they'd make the iOS less limited/restricted and not hold iPads and iPhones back from their full hardware potential.

• No, don't hold back against apple, the technology inside an iPhone is good quality but it's all leashed down and they do it on purpose, just jailbreak an android and all is good

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Hell yeah...

0|0
    0|0
  • It would definitely depend on some things. I'm not a big technology person and could live without it. I spend a lot of time away from it and I don't think I could be with someone who was on it 24/7. So it would have to be within reason for them being on it. Like on the job then after taking a break from it or something.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would, the guy I have had the best chemistry with was serious tech geek and I see no reason why I won’t find another one from that sphere of the population.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dated a young woman 35 she stayed weekends. this Friday night I said I had a head ache and went to bed early. i said I bought you this new Rabbit for such an occasion. i went to bed at 3am I woke up and heard her snoring she still had Rabbit in her fast asleep. i took it out and turned it off. covered her up with blanket then in morning when I woke up she was in bed and she said to me Rabbits fantastic toy made me come so much it sent me to sleep. its best present any man has ever bought me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I worked for the Navy doing computer science for about a year, and I could've seen myself dating a man I met on that job.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a software engineer. Women who are in STEM are extremely attractive. And I have not had any issues myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personal opinion, inbound, intelligence is hot. I just... love it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep. I was only girl in my college that known lot about technology. Not many other students didn't know how to use it. I also play video games.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes but then again that's somewhat in line with my own interests.

0|0
    0|0
  • Possibly, but it wouldn’t be the best fit. I don’t really fit in with techies, it’s just not my thing

0|0
    0|0
  • only if it analog tech. I hate digital tech. be reason why the spying

0|0
    0|0
  • Well there's a tech geek YouTuber "Sexy Cyborg" I'd totally date her, not because of tech tho.. ( . )( . )

0|0
    0|0
  • Mmmm... perhaps. I'm already one myself. I don't mind a conversation in technology every once in a while. 24/7 conversations are NOT for me, though.

0|0
    0|0
  • I suppose, as long as they weren't so obsessed that they couldn't focus on anything else

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure, not really a deciding factor.
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

0|0
    0|0
  • ye I like tech and crypto/netsec so it would give us things to talk about

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. As long a different they aren't talking about it 24/7

0|0
    0|0
  • I work in IT and try to make my career in video game development so, yes!

0|0
    0|0
  • Two of my bf's are tech geeks.

0|0
    0|0
  • Have done, would do again, and probably will.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure, why not? Let him be as he is.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just Show her the money And she’s good then

0|0
    0|0
  • I adore female geeks !!! Love em.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell yeah, I like smart girls

0|0
    0|0
  • Being one myself I'd rather... not... usually.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. She would become jealous inside of 5 weeks.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why not?

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't see why not

0|0
    0|0
  • Yess depends on the personality

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah.

0|0
    0|0
  • Would you ever date a man/woman who's a technology geek?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes