Are women who do not want kids a deal breaker? How many women & men here dont want kids?

Are women who do not want kids a deal breaker? How many women & men here dont want kids?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• Actually it's the opposite for me. I have no interest in having children, and so I can't really see anything long-term with somebody for whom having children is a life goal.

0|0
    0|0
    • Wish there were more guys like you around. I also don't want children, and feel/am judged by guys I date. I also have no interest in marriage, which causes double the controversy.
      For eg, I went on a date with someone, and I made it clear I wasn't looking for any serious beforehand. He said he was fine with it. I mentioned I didn't want kids and he said 'what is wrong with you, no maternal instinct?'. Kind of put me off dating, as weird/annoying to be judged on something like that, and seems especially inappropriate in a casual hookup scenario.

• Show All
    • @Pocahontas999 No, I'm not interested in marriage either. I think my reasoning is pretty straightforward, but others are normally pretty confused by this.

First, I'm not a religious person. I'm an agnostic atheist as best. So the whole religious side of the marriage ceremony is of no interest to me at all. Second, I do not believe that the government should have any say or part in our love lives. So once you remove the religious ceremonial aspect and the legally binding aspect, all that you're really left with is a long-term relationship.

I have had people tell me that marriage is about commitment. However, I do not believe that staying with somebody out of fear of the legal consequences is commitment. Staying with somebody through the difficulties of a relationship despite how easy it would be to leave - that's commitment.

• Oh god, marry me 😂

Really wish there were more of you around. Those are the same reasons why I have no interest in marriage, plus the unnecessary expense, plus all the complications/expense involved if things don't work out. And there is a high likelihood, given divorce statistics.

I find it so weird when I give those reasons to dates, and they are met with a look of confusion on dates, when it is all very logical. I don't understand what they are so baffled by. It is bizarre.
      Anyway...

Take care!

• For a long-term thing, yes. For a hookup, no

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I don’t want kids

2|4
    1|2
    • I don't know why people dislike this, it's people's own choice. Not having kids is better than having kids and killing them

• @Nadim171 cause they’re an ass wipe.

• Up voted and I'm a single parent. I do understand. I would have been happy in the past with a woman that did not want kids

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Depends. If you had asked me this when I was in my 20s, I would have said yes although having kids wasn't on my radar screen at the time. Now that I have three kids, it is not as imperative, although I would like to have some more with my girlfriend.

2|1
    0|0
  • It will be a deal breaker for me unless the person can't because of health reasons...

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't want kids and, I will not date someone who would like to have children.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say yes, but only if I wanted more kids. Basically, it's a deal breaker for most guys - unless they either already have kids/can't have kids/don't mind adoption. I'd say it's a unique situation with each person, obviously.

1|1
    0|0
  • At this point in time you’ll find that intelligent people are choosing not to breed, not to add to the biggest problem on the planet, idiots are breeding like crazy and that’s the truth.
    If my comment offends you, we know what category you’re in.

2|1
    0|0
  • My kids are here.

3|0
    0|0
  • Kinda the opposite, don't want kids and anyone I'm dating that tries to coerce me into having them is getting kicked to the curb. I'll be there for my friend's kids but I value my sleep and money too much to handle kids

1|1
    1|2
  • A man who doesn’t want kids is a deal breaker to me.

3|2
    0|0
  • For me it'd be a dealbreaker. I want kids in the future, my sister ain't planing to have any and I want my parents to have grandkids and I also want to leave something behind after Im gone.

2|2
    0|0
  • Three years ago I would have said it's okay if the guy didn't want kids. Now I probably wouldn't date someone who didn't want them. I find when a guy says they want kids I am more attracted to them.
    70% of me wants kids the other 30% just wants to keep living her life, which is fine because I feel I am still too young for children.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, especially in the long run, I had already reject at least one girl because of that, even though it was not her only negative trait, but it was one of the biggest.

tvtropes.org/.../AcceptableFeminineGoalsAndTraits

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont want kids. In fact a woman that does is a deal breaker. Obviously this is not the norm and just my position.

1|1
    0|0
  • In general, No. When it comes to me? Yes, I do want kids and always have so it would be a deal breaker for me.

1|0
    0|0
  • To some? Sure. I could accept not having kids but that person has to be someone who can love with a selfless heart or I can’t spend my life with them.

1|0
    0|0
    • Selfless heart? well many people who don't want kids, don't want them for selfish reasons.

• There’s plenty of reasons why some people choose not to have kids. Maybe they have a condition where their body’s tolerance to pain is very low.

Everyone is different and everything we do in life is based on our own reasons so I don’t blame women to not have kids because it’s their body and their lives.

• I don’t want kids.

But having kids would be nice.

That being said if the girl I’m with is ok with not having kids it doesn’t bother me

1|0
    0|0
  • For me, yes. I very much want children so if I come across a guy that doesn't want them then we aren't compatible. But I'm at the stage where I'm looking into and saving up for IUI anyway so it doesn't even matter lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I want kids, and if she doesn't, we're not compatible.

1|2
    0|0
  • I could honestly care less if they want to have kids or not. I don't mind it either way.

1|0
    0|0
  • It is really up to the female if she wants them or not as she is the one who will need to carry them for 9 months.

1|0
    0|0
  • For people who want kids, obviously. But there are lots of guys who feel the same way - just make that clear up front.

1|0
    0|0
  • For me it is.
    I want kids so I would be wasting time If I dated someone who didn't want kids.

1|1
    0|0
  • For sure, at least in my culture its very important to me to bring up sons to elevate on our family name and girls to help my future wife take care of family and housekeeping.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is for me because having kids is one of my main goals in life, women that say they never want to marry someday are also a deal breaker

1|0
    0|0
  • It's a deal :) because we would be on the same page!

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope not a deal breaker , if a Woman doesn't want kids
    i don't see it being wrong.

1|0
    0|0
  • Having kids has been life's priority for me. So yes absolutely a deal breaker for me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Kids are horrible creatures, eww. Keep them away from me at ALL COSTS!

1|0
    0|2
  • At one point, I did consider it a deal-breaker. However, now I'm not so sure. I still would like to have children, but with the right woman.

0|0
    0|0
  • No not really for me I dated women with kids. But sometimes it can be annoying.

1|0
    0|0
  • I want at least one kid and if my partner didn’t want a kid then I’d be confused on what to do

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't want kids, so it would be the opposite for me. If she's baby crazy I'm running for the hills

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I never want kids. I'd just say bye career bye dreams.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't want kids so it's the perfect situation for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • A girl who doesn't want kids is more like a deal maker

0|0
    0|0
  • i like kids

2|1
    0|0
  • There are lots of guys that don’t want kids

1|0
    0|0
    • Indeed liek the guy I like he is 45 and he does not want kids now or in his future and he does not want to marry either just have fun

• @kitty71 well guys who don't kids tend to be less serious about relationship in general.

• I don't want kids so that's fine by me.

1|0
    0|0
  • It all depends on the person.

1|0
    0|0
  • I want to have kids

1|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't mind having kids

1|1
    0|0
  • Nope. I prefer them.

0|0
    3|0
    • Wyd why the downvote on your comment 😅

• Show All
    • Damn you for knowing what you want! You should instead lead on a girl that wants kids and develop a meaningful relationship with her only for you to dump her when she nears the time she wants kids!

• No. Kids or wanting them is a deal breaker.

1|0
    0|1
  • No kids from me

1|0
    0|2
  • Never going to have kids!

1|0
    0|2
  • Not that I don't want more like I can't have.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. That is a good thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say Yes

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, because I want to have kids.

1|0
    0|0
  • I despise kids. the only living thing in my flat will be a pet

1|2
    1|2
  • Iknow guys who do not wantto have kids, especially whenthey are alreayd in their mid 40. They wotn have the tolerance or patience at their ages to deal with kids

1|2
    0|0
    • Did those men in their mid 40's already have their own kids? That could also make a different.

• @ThisAndThat No they dont have kids on their own they are still singel unmarried andno kids

• I don't know, I guess it's just me. I can imagine going through life without kids because I've unfortunately been forced to do that. But I can't imagine not wanting them.

Recommended myTakes