Are women who do not want kids a deal breaker? How many women & men here dont want kids?

• Yes
  • No

1638

Most Helpful Guys

• Actually it's the opposite for me. I have no interest in having children, and so I can't really see anything long-term with somebody for whom having children is a life goal.

• Wish there were more guys like you around. I also don't want children, and feel/am judged by guys I date. I also have no interest in marriage, which causes double the controversy.
      For eg, I went on a date with someone, and I made it clear I wasn't looking for any serious beforehand. He said he was fine with it. I mentioned I didn't want kids and he said 'what is wrong with you, no maternal instinct?'. Kind of put me off dating, as weird/annoying to be judged on something like that, and seems especially inappropriate in a casual hookup scenario.

• @Pocahontas999 No, I'm not interested in marriage either. I think my reasoning is pretty straightforward, but others are normally pretty confused by this.

First, I'm not a religious person. I'm an agnostic atheist as best. So the whole religious side of the marriage ceremony is of no interest to me at all. Second, I do not believe that the government should have any say or part in our love lives. So once you remove the religious ceremonial aspect and the legally binding aspect, all that you're really left with is a long-term relationship.

I have had people tell me that marriage is about commitment. However, I do not believe that staying with somebody out of fear of the legal consequences is commitment. Staying with somebody through the difficulties of a relationship despite how easy it would be to leave - that's commitment.

• Oh god, marry me 😂

Really wish there were more of you around. Those are the same reasons why I have no interest in marriage, plus the unnecessary expense, plus all the complications/expense involved if things don't work out. And there is a high likelihood, given divorce statistics.

I find it so weird when I give those reasons to dates, and they are met with a look of confusion on dates, when it is all very logical. I don't understand what they are so baffled by. It is bizarre.
      Anyway...

Take care!

• For a long-term thing, yes. For a hookup, no

Most Helpful Girls

• I don’t want kids

• I don't know why people dislike this, it's people's own choice. Not having kids is better than having kids and killing them

• @Nadim171 cause they’re an ass wipe.

• Up voted and I'm a single parent. I do understand. I would have been happy in the past with a woman that did not want kids