Is it possible for a woman to be strong/independent and still be sweet?

I think the stereotype that if a woman is strong/independent then she’s going to be difficult when it’s coming to her “soft side”.

I was discussing this with a few friends about how my type is an independent woman who still has class and a kind heart. My friends don’t think that’s possible because independent woman “harden” their hearts and are incapable of being sweet.

I’m open to hearing all opinions on this so go for it!

1|1

Most Helpful Girls

• You can’t always tell if a person is strong and independent. Imagine meeting a quite and meek woman but at the end of the day she goes home to her own apartment that she pays for by herself in a state she moved to away from any family. It’s possible. External behavior doesn’t always exhibit the level of resilience you possess. I guess what I’m trying to say is you don’t have to walk around in tight leather pants and chase criminals on a motorcycle like the badass you are to be a strong and independent person.

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course it's possible. Strong and independent just means she can take care of herself, not that she's a bitch.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• It's completely possible. On the one hand, you have the stereotype. On the other, you have women who are so bent on seeming "strong and independent" that they act like assholes, instead of people.

Newsflash: The asshole is only a very tiny part of a human. It's the worst part, too. Be a complete human. You can be strong and soft - men have to do this all the time.

0|1
    0|0
  • well i can be sweet so why couldnt a woman be all those things?

0|1
    0|0
    • That’s what I’m trying to say but I think it’s stereotype that people believe

• and one that should be challenged as its simply not true... will be interesting to see what others think though so it was a good question to ask

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Of course, sometimes being able to be sweet or open is a sign of being a strong person. It isn't always easy to be that way around others since they tend to judge certain behaviour.

0|1
    0|0
  • Strong has never been defined specifically independant yes and still sweet yes. If by strong you mean a typical every day asshole then no.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know, she can be a polite but I don't know how sweet she can be if she's a strong woman usually they are blunt individuals

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course it is women are still capable of being nice lmao its all about what context they're in.

0|1
    0|1
  • Ummmm to a degree but barely. career oriented and constant buissness like means they are in masculine mode constantly... its hard to turn off

0|1
    0|0
  • I would agree from experience that there is truth to that opinion, but as with most things in life, everyone is their own person.

0|1
    0|0
  • you can be strong and independend in a feminine way. being that doesn't mean you're a butch girl xD

0|1
    0|0
  • "Strong and independent" is code for "whiny, feminist, bitch".

0|2
    2|0
  • Yeah. Being strong and having a soft side are not enemies.
    A girl can have both.

0|1
    0|0
  • I mean u don’t have to have a strong and independent vibe about yourself and not be sweet and caring on the inside 🤔

0|0
    0|0
  • So are independent men cold hearted as well? 😂

0|1
    0|0
    • That’s what I said, it’s possible to be confident and not be a dick lol

• Right 😂 I don’t like what your friend said. That implies women are more favorable and kind when they’re broke.

• Or too broke to support themselves at least

• Of course. I'm a god damn joy to be around!

1|1
    0|2
  • Of course.

0|1
    0|0
  • Very possible, it does and can happen

0|1
    0|0
  • One has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

0|1
    0|0
  • Totally

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes it is possible...😊

0|1
    0|0
  • Sure. Why not?

1|1
    0|0
  • That combo rarely exists in our time

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course there two faced

0|0
    0|0
  • If i hear a women say that she's strong and independent thats a sign she a feminist and i will not date one of those

0|1
    0|0
    • What’s wrong with being independent? I despise anyone (male or female) whose always dependent and clingy it’s annoying and a major weakness.

• Sure, but it’ll need a lot more than those little sweet talk boys give.

1|1
    0|1

Recommended myTakes