Is it possible for a woman to be strong/independent and still be sweet?

I think the stereotype that if a woman is strong/independent then she’s going to be difficult when it’s coming to her “soft side”.

I was discussing this with a few friends about how my type is an independent woman who still has class and a kind heart. My friends don’t think that’s possible because independent woman “harden” their hearts and are incapable of being sweet.

I’m open to hearing all opinions on this so go for it!

1313

Most Helpful Girls

• You can’t always tell if a person is strong and independent. Imagine meeting a quite and meek woman but at the end of the day she goes home to her own apartment that she pays for by herself in a state she moved to away from any family. It’s possible. External behavior doesn’t always exhibit the level of resilience you possess. I guess what I’m trying to say is you don’t have to walk around in tight leather pants and chase criminals on a motorcycle like the badass you are to be a strong and independent person.

• Of course it's possible. Strong and independent just means she can take care of herself, not that she's a bitch.

Most Helpful Guys

• It's completely possible. On the one hand, you have the stereotype. On the other, you have women who are so bent on seeming "strong and independent" that they act like assholes, instead of people.

Newsflash: The asshole is only a very tiny part of a human. It's the worst part, too. Be a complete human. You can be strong and soft - men have to do this all the time.

• well i can be sweet so why couldnt a woman be all those things?

• That’s what I’m trying to say but I think it’s stereotype that people believe

• and one that should be challenged as its simply not true... will be interesting to see what others think though so it was a good question to ask