Would you date a serial cheater or had history of cheating? Why/why not?

The person is the person of your dreams. Except they cheated before.
Updates:
You meet a girl - she is almost perfect in every way. The girl of your dreams. Except her only flaw is she cheated before...

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends...
    I cheated once and only once when I was 18. I regret it and have no intention of doing it again. If she cheated once, a long time ago and regrets it, sure I would still date her. But if she cheated in every single relationship she had in her life... Honey good bye!

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• What a great question and twist. Nobody likes to be cheated on and I don't think I have ever been cheated on but for ones that have I would guess they would say NO. I might dabble into the prospect of seeing how it goes... I mean if she was up front about it and showed remorse that would be better than her blaming other things or people for her behavior.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, the probability of them cheating again is quite high.

4|0
    0|0
  • The fact that they are the person of my dreams is only another reason not to date them in this situation, because I would be even more hurt after they cheat on me than I would be if they had some flaws

2|0
    0|0
  • Nope. It's not worth the headache and paranoia. there's NEVER an excuse for cheating, if the person didn't have the nerve to say they were unhappy and leaving the relationship then they're pathetic. I would NOT put myself through the constant worry that I'm being cheated on or that the other person isn't happy, not worth it.

2|0
    0|0
  • Sure. Everyone does their dirt and every situation is unique. Also not every person has the same qualifications for what cheating is, where some may say it’s the thought that counts and some say only actions. As long as you set the ground rules early in the relationship you take out all of the questionability for a situation that may later arise

2|0
    0|0
  • Unfortunately the girl of my dreams is a serial cheater who thinks it’s warranted because she dates guys she thinks are douchebags.

But to me it’s still NO reason to cheat. Yet I still somewhat think I want to be with her 😔😓

1|0
    0|0
  • Hell no. Why would you want to date someone notorious for doing that to their past partners? They will more than likely do that to you, too. It would be sacrificing your own self respect and dignity

2|0
    0|0
  • before once, I can handle maybe, I'd have to undersatnd her emotionally.
    beyond that, as long as she's buying, I'll eat dinner w her... lol!

people do that for various reasons... the key is to undersatnd why, grow from it, and evolve. If she's frozen in her pain, then it's a no go isn't it as I value trust and honesty. Some guys don't care, that's who she'd work with...

0|0
    0|0
  • I had one girlfriend that cheated on her husband many times. But they weren't really married emitionally. She would joke around at first "once a cheater, always a cheater." After about 3 years with her, she proved that statement true. Anyone disagree?

So no i wouldn't.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, absolutely. I'd explain The Rules to her, and if she found them agreeable, we would date. What are the Rules, you ask?

Use a condom, at least until he's tested.
    If it's no longer fun, stop doing it.
    If it's going to be long-term, introduce us.
    If there's a problem, tell me.
    If you learn something new, share!

That's pretty much it!

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope been cheated on before and never want to experience it again. I dont wanna have to worry about what my boyfriend is doing out of my site. I just wouldn’t risk it...

1|0
    0|0
  • "The person is the person of your dreams. Except they cheated before."
    If they did that before, they aren't the person of my dreams. People only change if they want to. I would never trust someone like that. Break ups are easy.

3|0
    0|0
  • What makes an unfaithful person the person of ones dreams? They are a proven liar. That’s like saying except for being a mass murderer, Ted Buddy is the man of my dreams.

2|1
    0|0
  • No. I'd rather not waste my time if she MAY spend time with someone else (in a romantic manner). If that results in me being single my whole life, then so be it. She may claim that she will no longer cheat. But how do I know that? How does SHE know that? She may say now that she won't cheat. But years later, guess what? She cheats. People say one thing but do completely the opposite all the time.

1|0
    0|0
  • Once a cheater always a cheater 🤷🏻‍♀️ So no, I wouldn’t because I would simply not be able to trust him (in most cases at least, I mean never say never) and if I can’t trust him there’s no point in having a relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think I could. I am a huge believer that people can change. Why? Because I have. No, I am not a cheater and have never cheated but I have changed as a person and believe that cheaters can change too. This sounds cliché but I do think that the right person can change another. I would, however, be weary before jumping into a relationship. I would make sure that I trust him. If he then cheated on me, bye! End of relationship!

2|0
    0|0
    • You're very perceptive to understand the right person can change another. We can never go into relationships expecting to change someone. But the right person can and will.😎

• It depends what age they where when they cheated and when the last time was. A teenager and super early 20ths and if it's many many years ago the last time then sure I might give it a chance, but will tell them if they cheate with me they will not get a second chance it will break it off.

2|0
    0|0
  • depends. if i find out they were a serial cheater, i won't give them a chance.

if they come lean and tell me about their history and also tell me that they want to be better, they might get a chance with me, cause i actually value honesty slightly higher than loyalty.

1|0
    0|0
  • Simply put, the person of my dreams isn't a serial cheater. Loyalty matters to me as much as sexual chemistry.

2|0
    0|0
    • If she has just cheated once and regrets it, then I would probably overlook it.

• Depends. Was he under 25 when it happend? Was he in a serioust relationship or just some texting with two at the time. How many times has it happend?

If he was under 25 and it wasn't a serious relationship and hos behavior has changed then yes because then he was just insecure and immuture. Now if not then it's a sign of narcisstic traits so no in that case.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not a serial cheater. But if it was a man that did it once, he would have to give me details of how and why. I'd also have to know he regretted it and learned from it.

2|0
    0|0
  • How can a cheater be the person of your dreams, it makes no sense

3|0
    0|0
    • I am saying the person is the girl of your dreams, like she possesses everything you want in a girl, except she was a cheater...

• Then she is not the girl of my dreams, I hate cheaters lol

• Exactly what I said 👍

• If he has cheated many times before he's not the person of my dreams at all. It's not like this is a little flaw, is a big one.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, if I know they cheated I’d immediately be turned away. I think people can change, but I also believe “once a cheater, always a cheater.”

2|0
    0|0
  • The person of my dreams how do you know the person of your dreams without knowing them mentally going to every relationship with this motto we got two things in common

1. You love me
    2. I love myself

You'll never be disappointed

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd date her, but I'll never develop any feelings for her. It will be friends with benefits, with occasional dinners and movies. But that goes for any woman I'm dating, whether she's ever cheated or not.

1|0
    0|0
  • This is the same reason banks don't hire known thieves to work in their establishments. If someone shows you who they are, believe them. I'm sure there is the odd person here or there that changes their ways and becomes a saint, but I think that percentage is on the low end of things. I've had a few friends that have dated known cheaters and their relationships, no surprise, were spectacular failures. Part of a good relationship is knowing and feeling like you can trust your partner, and how can you have that with someone who repeatedly has cheated on others, which shows absolutely no willingness to change his ways. No thanks. This would never be the person of my dreams.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not knowingly, no way and if I found this to be the case, I would end it because the used deception to hide this, thus
    proving why they shouldn't
    be trusted now.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the kind of cheating and how often it happened. I might be OK if they kissed someone else while a bit drunk but totally not ok if they pursued someone who is not their partner.

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course not. I once was getting close to a guy, he revealed he had cheated on his ex. I immediately lost respect for him and did not see him again.

2|0
    0|0
  • in my opinion ever cheater I've ever dated has cheated again
    so
    the old saying goes "cheaters never change " and in my case I've found ti be very true so no I wouldn't

2|0
    0|0
  • It really depends on how many times, under what situation. Generally though, I wouldn't because Im afraid Ill get cheated on

2|0
    0|0
  • If they have a history of cheating that's a big ole NOPE from me.

2|0
    0|0
  • If they have cheated before than they are not the man of my dreams. Simple as that.
    Once a cheater always a cheater. Id rather not waste my time

2|0
    0|0
  • Nope bc the person of my dreams wouldn't have that.

2|0
    0|0
  • No.

I wouldn't have a long term relationship with someone who has cheated before.

2|0
    0|0
  • He's not the person of my dreams if he's a serial cheater.

3|0
    0|0
  • No I wouldn't because I have been there, done that and she cheated on me. Most cheaters will cheat again.

2|0
    0|0
  • If they cheated before they are definitely not the person of my dreams. And I would never date a cheater, no matter what. Cheaters can only be good for getting your nut off, and thats it.

1|0
    0|0
  • If once yes, if multiple times no. Cause if you don’t distance yourself they’ll keep cheating. You need them to respect you, and know that kinda behavior won’t work.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd bed her, but nothing long term.. She sees cheating as a way to cope when shit gets tough,

3|0
    0|1
  • Never. Once a cheater always a cheater, they have weird morals

1|0
    0|0
  • No. Oh, and no. I have enough self respect for not only myself, but to not waste the time of insecure females.

1|0
    0|0
  • If they admitted to cheating then probably because the fact that they are so upfront with me tells me they wanna turn things around, otherwise no.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, what would be the point of that? To give them an opportunity to cheat on you? I'm not getting this... are you unable to properly judge a persons character?

0|0
    0|0
    • On update...
      No one is perfect in every way honey. Not even you. ;)
      Tell us why she cheated.

• How would you know that person cheated before? Not like they’re going to tell you

0|0
    0|0
    • People talk... Sooner or later you'll find out. The person should be honest with it to you. Or maybe you met them through him cheating on his wife/gf with you or some one else..

• No, in my opinion, and experience of people I've known, once a cheater always a cheater

2|0
    0|0
  • no, if she did it to someone else she can do it to you too.

1|0
    0|0
  • C'mon! Of course not... You should be crazy to even give it a try lol

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends. I've cheated before... but now would never do it and am in happy relationships for 2 years.

Each situation is different.

1|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes