If you could ask your ex boyfriend/girlfriend any question what would it be?

If you could ask your ex boyfriend/girlfriend any question what would it be?
  • Are you currently happy?
    Vote A
  • Do you still love me?
    Vote B
  • Why? I just want to know why? (whatever they did to you applies)
    Vote C
  • Will you ever forgive me?
    Vote D
  • Do you want to give it another chance?
    Vote E
  • Other... Leave Comment.
    Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

2|5

Most Helpful Girls

• I would ask him why is such a dead beat parent ever since he got together with his new girlfriend. Before her, he was great. Always showed up to pick up the kids. Always was the first person to buy them whatever they needed if i simply didn't have the funds. I mever asked for child support. Ever. But now that he has a girlfriend, shits changed. He never asks about them. If i say they need something, he will tell me to get my new man to buy it. I love his girlfriend. she's fantastic. But he's turned into a cock sucker. And I want to know why.

0|1
    0|0
    • Think little.
      It sounds like little bitterness that he has a new one and have put down the foot that he isn't a walking wallet that you can use instead of getting the stuff yourself when it is on your time to care for the kids.

• Never ask any of these in the options... It's called ex for a reason... I would ask that guy anything, neither I would care about him

10|2
    0|0
    • Never? Some people still do care about their ex's.

• Show All
    • I don't even wanna know that feeling and I think I won't because I believe in my current relationship. What I had before was toxic.

• Putting your head in the sand doesn’t keep it away. Of course no one wants to feel that feeling, it’s awful, I’m currently finding it too hard to get into any type of relationship as I’ve never had closure with certain relationships that I truly needed answers and full closure on. It’s f’d me up that bad that I don’t feel it’s right to get into anything else for fear of what it may cause in future ones.

I’ve always got the whys what’s Whos I don’t understands going around in my head from these and it’s so traumatic it debilitating some times.

I don’t wish it on anyone. But saying it won’t happen doesn’t mean it won’t. You can only say you will never be that way to someone and that you will give someone the closure they need if they ever need it xxx

Most Helpful Guys

• I would ask my ex-wife if she ever once cried about us getting a divorce, because she never shed one tear in my presence. She was the "strong little soldier" that her daddy taught her to be. . . and that was one of the problems we had.

0|1
    0|0
  • I honestly have no interest in asking them any such thing, but if I had to, I would ask one previous ex why she didn't make at least some effort to make things work.

1|3
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I got the chance to talk things out with the guy I dated most recently-- long after there were no feelings left. Just honest conversation about why things didn't work out.

1|2
    0|0
    • Wow, that would have been an amazing opportunity, I’ve often wanted that chance opportunity to do so, so I could ‘fully’ move on and get unresolved questions answered and not let them drag on into new relationships, or even so I can maybe fix things so I don’t repeat past mistakes.

Never have I had the chance. ‘Most’ guys are cowards, and won’t often be honest and upfront with why what etc. they’d rather just forget it, move on or even lie.
      That helps no one.

• Show All
    • Oh I’m no angel I’m not perfect and I’ve f’d up but that is my past not my present. I’ve learned a lot. And if someone was willing to give me closure and answer questions I needed for that, being honest open etc then I’d have no choice but to respect them and not try get back with them like I’ve some in the past just because I love them and am not over them. It’s not my right.

• It also doesn’t help me in the long run. A breakup is for a reason so it’s just prolonging the inevitable

• Why did you break up with me? My ex broke up with me over the phone after nearly 2 years of dating and never told me the reason why..

0|1
    0|0
  • Before you ask anything, think about it for at least a week. Sometimes reconnecting just makes things weird and complicated, and often leads to mistakes... that’s just my opinion, but I personally don’t know how to act appropriately around an ex. Being in a relationship could make me this way, though. Ask your self if you really need to ask this question

0|1
    0|0
  • It wouldn't be a nice question that's for damn sure...

I'd ask him does he regret cheating on me now that he sees what he could have had, and how good my life is without him.
    No reply from him necessary- just his open mouth of awe of how much I've changed for the better over the years will suffice~

0|1
    0|0
  • "Are you currently happy?", "Do you still love me?", "Why? I just want to know why?", "Will you ever forgive me?", "Do you want to give it another chance?"

Of all the questions I would ask my ex-girlfriend, the smart answer is "none of the above" and that's for two reasons. One, it's been at least 5 years since we broke up and nothing good can come from bringing up the past--besides, she cheated on me and in retrospect, I was just way too immature for her. Looking back at our text conversations, I am quite frankly embarrassed by my past actions and/or statements. Luckily, she did apologize for all the shit she put me through and I was actually able to mostly get closure, having the opportunity to say things that were on my mind.. something other guys might not have had the opportunity for. In that respect, I really have nothing more to say. What's done is done. I do sometimes wonder what she would think of me, though I shouldn't and usually don't care. She's not my partner, she's none of my concern anymore and hasn't been for some time. Honestly, though, I don't know of anyone who doesn't wonder what their past partners think of them, on some level. You can't be intimate with someone and then have literally no feelings for all the rest of time afterwards; that's not how psychology works and anyone who tries to say otherwise is either intentionally or willfully-ignorant.

The second part is... well, what do you expect them to say? None of these questions are unbiased or neutral; they are all loaded-questions that assume something was left unsaid. Having "been there, done that", I can see the appeal of putting things to bed. Some people will say that I have no right to answer question like this, because I was actually able to put my troubles to rest, while many other people won't get that luxury. I get it: breakups suck and feeling tossed in the trash feels even worse. People are complicated, relationships more so. But sometimes, it is necessary to really think about what you're trying to accomplish... especially when it comes to romantic relationships, with entire chains of people attached on both ends. Even if you got the chance to ask your former flame, what context would you expect them to be answered in and what's your end goal? Are you expecting your ex to admit fault and say how much they wish they hadn't done it? While some may have a crisis of conscience and decide to come clean, that's typically wishful-thinking and most people aren't kind-enough or thoughtful-enough to give you that out. If anything, the very asking of these questions will confirm to your ex that THEY were better off without YOU, because you didn't move on and are desperate to remember "the good ol' days".

Anyway, that's my two-cents

0|0
    0|0
  • Part of me wants to hear him say it, but the rest of me is long gone and over it

1|2
    0|0
  • I don't give a fuck about my ex boyfriend. There are ex for a reason. I happy that I am not in there shit now.

2|1
    0|0
  • I still talk with most of my exes, the ones with whom I don't I'm fine with except for one. I know why we had to break up but we haven't spoken in years, I don't even know where she lives now. I would just ask her if she's happy now, cause that would be the only thing that would matter to me...

1|1
    0|0
  • I have things I wish I had been of the right frame of mind to say. It eats at me a bit once in a moon that I did not present things as clearly and concisely- or Tbh remotely either lol - as I would have liked. I don’t really have any questions. I’m usually bothered in life by what I did it did not do. Not what other people did it did not do. He would probably lie anyhow. Coward.🙄🙄🙄

0|0
    0|0
  • It would be option C. My most recent ex (many years ago!) broke up with me, then started treating ME really bitchy while she was still living with me.

I just want to know why, esp. since I didn’t do anything to her AND she initiated the breakup.

I’m in a very happy relationship for 2+ years so I don’t dwell on that situation much at all. Just reading this question made me thing about that 😛

0|1
    0|0
  • I have had this idea that it might be interesting to shoot the shit with my ex-husband. Been gone near 20 years.

Not going to do it though.

I sent his dad a card when Mom died. They really did love me.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't really have any desire to do so, but if I wanted to, I would just ask the question.

For one, I would ask, "Are you happy?"
    I hope she is.
    For another, "Are you an idiot?"
    I think she is.
    For another, "Do you still regret breathing up with me?"
    She told me she did. Maybe she moved on. Doesn't matter though.
    For another, I would ask, "Who are you again?"

0|0
    0|0
  • This. Happened when i was 18. But if i ever see again. I would ask her.

Why did you insists on me wearing ladies lingerie before sex? Did you know that you created a good thing and a bad thing with me. Today i don't own any mens underwear and i own so much ladies linderie that most girls would jealous of. So its fault that you brainwashed me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wow, this question literally made me cry. I feel so bad too because I have a boyfriend. This question would be addressed to my first boyfriend for sure, but honestly, if I saw him, I think I'd have nothing to say. Definitely would make me cry, though.

0|0
    0|0
  • We are still friends lol, we still call each other for advices and things haha and talk like we’re bff lmao

0|1
    0|0
  • I would ask why did she tell me she would marry me just 2 months before our breakup, and why did she lie about having someone new lined up and how could she move on so fast from someone who you claimed was the love of your life to be with someone you rejected twice, once for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would want to know why she randomly left and chose to live with a guy she hardly knew and met at a party.

Why did you hurt me? Why did you do this to me. It's been 3 years, and I'm still not truly over you. You killed me and I want to know why...

0|0
    0|0
  • I still talk to my ex. I guess he is wanting to understand why i broke things off with him and i’m making him understand. I don’t have anything to ask him. I guess i have had all my answers ages ago. It feels like it’s just rambling on this stage.

0|0
    0|0
  • What the name of that noodle dish your mom made for my birthday? I've been craving it for two fucking years.

1|0
    0|0
  • Why did you think cheating on me was ok?

Why did you use me and then throw me away like a piece of trash?

Why did you resort to abuse and violence to solve your problems?

Why do you think I deserved your cruelty?

0|1
    0|0
  • One of them I kinda talk to from time to time but the others I'd probably just ask how their life is going because why ask something awkward like that when us being in a relationship is in the past now.

0|0
    0|0
  • The why question. Altho I know the answer, I think.

0|1
    0|0
  • Why were you so willing to give me up just like that?

0|3
    0|0
  • Why aren't you seeing a professional for your issues.
    1.) You can't treat people that way
    2.) Drinking more alcohol doesn't solve anything. Seek professional help.
    3.) I respected your family. Leave my sisters alone

0|1
    0|0
  • Please lick my holes one last time. He was the greatest!
    We’ve already talked about getting back together. 😕I know it’s a bad idea.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have already asked all the questions that needed to be asked and all I received was the usual bullshit replies so I am done with trying to figure her out. Not worth my time anymore.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nothing really, I would just ask how is he and hows life going for him. I'd be happy is he happy as I am happy with mine. No unresolved issues, no unfinished business, no grudge.

0|0
    0|0
  • I left her cause her parents found out and didn't want her in a relationship. I always felt guilty for abandoning her cause she was going through a hard time. She's better now and I hope she'll forgive me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Did you ever love me lmao?
    But he’d lie anyways so 🤷🏻‍♀️

0|1
    0|0
  • Why’d you break up with me, date another girl 2 days later, & then tell me you didn’t cheat?

0|1
    0|0
  • Did we have a good time together... looking back on it do you see how either of us fucked up?

0|1
    0|0
  • Nothing. Maybe A?

I don’t dislike my exes and I guess hope they’re happy.

But I also wish I’d never dated some of them.

1|0
    0|0
  • "Do you know what you turned me into, twat?"
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

1|1
    1|0
  • What were your reasons to be attracted toward me both by personality and other reasons, has it changed since?

0|0
    0|0
  • I would ask my ex, "Why Zee?"

Seriously though, I would tell her "other, leave comment."

0|0
    0|0
  • I have absolutely no wish to communicate or ask them any questions. But I know one ex of mine has an exam upcoming maybe I'd just ask him how is his preparation 😂😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Not sure how to get everything into one question.
    I suppose, did you ever genuinely believe we had a chance, or was it just words?

0|0
    0|0
  • I've always been single, guess I have nobody to ask these questions or care what the fuck they think or would answer any of them with.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would ask if she has regrets leaving me, i think some of them might actually have a little regret

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't have an ex. The 1st woman I got with is still my wife for 20+ years.

1|1
    0|0
    • by the way, I never dated. Everything started after marriage. Same for her. Life is still good.

• I wouldn't want to ask her anything it would only invite more lies

0|1
    0|0
  • I wanna know why she did what she did and said what she did, uncertainty to me leaves you empty and I just wanna know

0|1
    0|0
  • Don't care to ask them anything. Any questions I did have immediately dissipate when I think of their bullshit answers.

0|0
    0|0
    • maybe need to learn better methods of talking to these guys or pick better guys? guys not as good at relational and emotional processing. Can take months for us to feel something after being hurt.

• Show All
    • That's perfectly reasonable and fair! those early life romances aren't so good decisions usually... darn hormones get in the way!

• @lightbulb27 Haha, I definitely blame hormones.

• Nothing. I don't talk to exes and I told my exes to never contact me.

0|1
    0|0
  • My first ex - id like to know he’s happy, well and be sure he didn’t end up regretting our breakup (like he said he might). I was far too hurt to speak to him when we parted ways. But now, I’m perfectly happy! And can only hope he is too :).

Second ex: honestly not too bothered about him, he put me through so much 💩 and just messed around with me. We argued constantly, it was a toxic relationship and in the end he ‘had enough’ but then decided to try and warn other guys off of me. I don’t know why I ever ended up with him but the only question I think when he pops into my mind is: seriously WHAT was I thinking?

0|1
    0|0
  • If they're having the time of their life now that Im gone.

0|1
    0|0
  • I get over people really quickly. No point being stuck in the past.

0|2
    0|0
  • I don't have any exes but I'd ask them if they're happy👀

1|0
    0|0
  • No need or urge to do that.
    They end up in friendzone if they are friend material the rest "Good luck with life".

0|0
    0|0
  • Why the FUCK did you cheat on me you fucking piece of shit?

0|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes