Would you delete your social media accounts if your partner asked you to?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• No. At least not unless they provided a good reason. One of the biggest warning signs of domestic violence is that the perpetrator tries to isolate the victim. Making them delete social media is one way to do that.

I was abused as a kid, which puts me at a higher risk of being in an abusive relationship later on. But because I know that, I’m hyper aware of all the signs. I refuse to live in fear again. It’s better to just be single.

If they didn’t provide a good reason, and kept pushing the issue, I would probably break up with them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol yeah I mean I already deleted my Twitter, snap chat, Facebook, etc. 1-2 years ago and that was on my own will and desire bc I find them toxic and time consuming. But. I only have Instagram just to message my siblings since they don't have phone numbers.

0|1
    0|0
    • I find it odd that they have social media profiles but not a phone number which means they do not have a phone.

• They have phones, but my dad said they can only have numbers and everything once they have jobs and can pay their own phone bills. So they use apps.

• @KuchiKopiLover
      Giving someone a phone without a, phone number is stupid.

Most Helpful Guys

• She can also ask me to stop using the mobile phone.
    We'll use only the landline. This way she can be sure she's there whenever i talk to someone. maybe even listen from the upstairs phone.
    then she can ask me to stop going out altogether. Maybe ask me to live in the basement without light.

as much as I hate social media and don't own any, if i'd have such past times, I laugh and laugh and laugh. Hysterically. And if she doesn't I'd get all serious all of the sudden and tell her to get out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, we already did, three years
    ago. No Facebook, no Twitter, no
    Instagram... To be honest, the
    marriage has never been more
    problem and issue free.

1|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yes but I don't think he would as that's the only way me and him can really communicate as he lives 250 KMs away from me

0|0
    0|0
  • God no

0|0
    0|0
  • I had this problem. I did once and wasn't a problem, it helped. Another I kept open, I paid the price for keeping them open. What i did do was disconnect other women and that helped... then she just spied on me. It's a security thing.

I use FB for neighbor connections and posting funny animal videos and selling things, that's it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say yes. Since I do not use that to much. Other then to check up on family now and then. But I would counter offer and ask her to delete hers also. Because she is on hers nearly third times as much as I am on mine.

I would even offer to just stop paying for the data plan for our phones and cut off internet to our home. Which I don’t think she would be able to handle.

0|1
    0|0
  • If we both agreed to do it then why not?
    I barely use it anyway so it's not like my world would come to an end.
    But if that wasn't the case and he just wanted me to delete it then I'd say no unless he has a good reason like I'm spending too much time on social media and not giving him attention.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, in case I delete a social media is because I want, not because someone is giving me orders about what to do with my life. For me this would be a red flag telling me this person is a controlling weirdo.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably, but for me it's easy.
    I don't need this shit.
    Finding a woman who would is another story.
    Both partners disconnecting from social media would be a nice relationship.
    I know because I had one before smartphones.
    It was good.

0|1
    0|0
  • Social media is meaningless. It's like going to a bar on a regular basis.
    That said, if you're keeping your options open then expect that your girl will as well.
    And NEVER give power over you to any woman. EVER. Never put them on a pedestal. Never show weakness. They will instantly lose respect.

0|1
    0|0
  • Probably. i'd fight it on principle cause they are retarded for requesting it, but it's really not a big deal. I dont use them anyway. It would really depend where the relationship even went on their reasoning for having mine gone.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would totally be willing to delete social media for my s/o if they good reasoning. However, it is a means of keeping up with family and friends, so not entirely sure I’d be up for it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am shocked that their are people that wouldn't... I mean my partner and her opinion is far more important than social media where everything is fake anyway

0|1
    0|0
  • No. I mainly use my social media profiles to keep in touch with long distance friends and I'm not willing to cut them out of my life for what is most likely the other person's insecurity.

1|0
    0|0
  • No and he should respect me more than to try and command my life like that.

2|0
    0|0
  • It's not that I wouldn't want to its that I can't. I know a lot of people some for almost twenty years online and it's the only way we have to keep in touch with each other. Some of my online friends live in different countries so it makes it easier to keep in communication with them

0|0
    0|0
  • I would question why my partner was asking me to delete my accounts. That sounds like a major red flag. Why do they feel the need to control my social media usage... Social media should be used as a means to communicate with others and why would my partner be trying to stop that connection? More importantly would they delete their account as well?

0|0
    0|0
  • My life on the internet and my real life are blended toghether. The only difference between the two is the distance from some of the people I talk to.
    She being against social media means we aren't compatible.

Of course I would uninstall all the dating apps. Those are useless at that point.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never had one to delete to start with. This site is the closest I have ever came to social media.

I don't do MySpace, i don't do AOL Meet, I don't Yahoo groups or any of that crap.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Social media is to keep in touch with friends. Social media is NOT a dating site. I'm not saying people don't hook up on social media, but it's not a dating site. It's the internet's version of the old postal mail letters.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. They have no right to decide what social media I'm on.

1|0
    0|0
  • Already did, not because of a partner, they’re not useful in any kind.

0|1
    0|0
  • Unless there is an absolutely good reason I would not. Maybe the farthest I would go is to just not post anything, but other than that no.

0|0
    0|0
  • I won't ask her to delete her's. I won't look at her phone of laptop, even if she says it's ok.
    I won't delete mine for anyone. That's a Red Line issue.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would delete facebook and twitter because I've been considering it for a while anyways, but instagram? neverrrr

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't have any social media, so of course I would pretend to make a difficult decision and say "I love you so much baby I'll give it up". Easy brownie points.

0|0
    0|0
  • it would greatly depend on why she was asking me to delete my social media accounts

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah. as long as she deletes all of hers and never leaves home without my permission and a gps tracking device.

0|1
    0|0
  • I probably would. It's Not like I use mine anyway, so I'm not sure why she would request that

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe in a very specific situation, but in general, definitely not.

0|1
    0|0
  • No. She has no right to tell me what to do with stuff that is unrelated to her. I'll listen to her, but I won't do it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I only have Facebook and Google which I use to store game progress

0|0
    0|0
  • I deleted my IG because he didn't like the pics I posted. Feel better without it actually

0|0
    0|0
  • Ha! This is why I avoid relationships. Really? People think they own each other do they?

0|0
    0|0
  • LOL uh, no. If my social media get deleted, it's because I want it to happen, not them. Why do you ask?

0|0
    0|0
  • If they have a good reason and can convince me why I should.

0|1
    1|0
  • That sounds quite toxic and controlling of the hypothetical partner

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes. If he has good reason. He would need to explain why and help me understand.

0|0
    0|0
  • It be a huge red flag for me. Why would my partner control my Social Media usage? if that hapened then I would expect then to do the same

0|0
    0|0
  • I have my business running on my social media so I can't delete no matter what anyone says.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't even use them, but I'm not going to delete the accounts

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure, as long as she's going to as well. I'd prefer a partner who views social media negatively.

1|0
    0|0
  • No... Don't use it much but it shouldn't bother him

0|0
    0|0
  • It's hard to do so, I have many friends on social midea

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, if she were first willing to do the same for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • No.

I wouldn't be with someone that controlling.

0|0
    0|0
  • No she's not going to tell me what to do, I'll go to whichever websites that I please.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only if it’s about a dating profile I’m on bits about it

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I want my memes! 😭

1|2
    0|0
  • No but i already done it... so.. yes? sort of?

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't have any apart from this 🤷‍♂️

1|1
    0|0
  • I mean, i'm hardly on it anyways

1|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes