Would you date someone you just met?

Would you date someone you just met?
  • Yes
  • No

1214

Most Helpful Girls

• For me to date a person, I need to have things in common. I cannot assess someone I just met based on 5 minutes chatting. I need time and in-depth conversation for some period.

Only knowing a person's way of ticking, our mutual intellectual affinities, likes and dislikes would be a reason for me to commit to a date.

As the term "date" is understood in our society, it is expected to lead to a more intimate relation if people find qualities in each that are sufficiently profound to get that far.

And then, I need several dates because a person that is just looking into getting you to the horizontal position is not a person I would want to date in the first place. I want someone my equal intellectually that does not only want physical interactions but more important, intellectual interaction.

• You have to explain what you mean by "just met". Do you mean like in an elevator and he says let's go out and you agree? Or maybe someone from work that you met and kind of had some interaction with before he asks you out? I myself would want to get to know a little about a guy first to ascertain if he is a player, is already in a relationship, is just looking for a fast hookup, and if our personalities jive. Too many women jump into relationships/sex before they even know a person and then wonder how they wind up with a real snook.

Most Helpful Guys

• No I wouldn't date someone I just met.
    I know absolutely nothing about them and thus can't have any motivation to pursue anything with them outside of their appearance, which ultimately isn't a real factor in determining whether we would work out together.

• Yeah. However, no one would ever date me without it being a pity date.

• If you change your attitude, it won't be that way. Girls won't even go on a pity date with me