Would you date a stranger if you didn't know anybody well enough to date them - either no mutual interest - or not the right age range for you?

Facebook recently opened a dating app and I had 19 guys hit on me my first day on the site.

I think most of them are probably serial daters or sex addicts so I don't like the idea of dating strangers

But I don't have enough close friends who are male that I trust and appreciate enough to date
  • Yes
  • No

86

Most Helpful Girls

• Not a complete stranger, for safety reasons. My main requirement when dating someone, safety wise, is that there are enough connections or friends in common that I trust that they wouldn't hurt me, because they would lose friends. If that is not met, then there have to be some other safety measures in place, or I have to know them really well. While I'm open to the idea of a relationship at the moment, I'm not actively looking for one, so I'm not going to put effort into organizing a date unless I find someone that I really like. If the connections aren't there, I'm not going to put effort into putting other measures in place, and would probably just turn the guy down.

• it's risky, hun. I suggest you get to know them first.

Most Helpful Guys

• most people I've dated have started out as strangers but throughout the course of the first and or second date, I establish if there are mutual interests and decide to continue dating or not.