Would you date a stranger if you didn't know anybody well enough to date them - either no mutual interest - or not the right age range for you?

Facebook recently opened a dating app and I had 19 guys hit on me my first day on the site.

I think most of them are probably serial daters or sex addicts so I don't like the idea of dating strangers

But I don't have enough close friends who are male that I trust and appreciate enough to date
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Not a complete stranger, for safety reasons. My main requirement when dating someone, safety wise, is that there are enough connections or friends in common that I trust that they wouldn't hurt me, because they would lose friends. If that is not met, then there have to be some other safety measures in place, or I have to know them really well. While I'm open to the idea of a relationship at the moment, I'm not actively looking for one, so I'm not going to put effort into organizing a date unless I find someone that I really like. If the connections aren't there, I'm not going to put effort into putting other measures in place, and would probably just turn the guy down.

1|0
    0|0
  • it's risky, hun. I suggest you get to know them first.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• most people I've dated have started out as strangers but throughout the course of the first and or second date, I establish if there are mutual interests and decide to continue dating or not.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Well, if you don't feel comfortable with them, then don't. As a guy, I would be highly suspicious of a woman that hit on me on FB.

0|0
    0|0
  • You will always get a surplus of guys messaging you on the internet. To them, you are just a pair of legs. They hit on everyone and wait until someone replies. They don't care who it is, just that they are female. It is always better to date someone you met in real life.

However true love is possible to find on the internet, it is just unlikely.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yup. I met a guy on a trip and we exchanged info. The convos were great, he seemed smart, supportive, funny, uplifting and he was fine as hell lol 1000% my type. Definitely would have dated him but it was long distance.

It’s a little scary dating a complete stranger but I think it’s fun getting to know someone

1|0
    0|0
  • Not unless you were looking for trouble. You have no idea who these guys are, if they have a criminal record, are a registered sex offender, or a serial killer or rapist. I guess the only question is, Are You Feeling Lucky?

0|1
    0|0
  • Sure. there's no difference to stumble in to someone IRL for the first time or any where else, people only fools themselves to a lot of nonsense due to letting their fear dictate how to live.
    Everything has to start somewhere otherwise can't it become anything if we shall look at it in a realistic way.

2|0
    0|0
  • Well... if you always stick to what is around, howcan you be sure you get all the best? sure, you can't know that with strangers, but you have more to choose from. Be careful and you will be fine

1|0
    0|0
  • first I would never date anyone from the net, but in real life, remember
    " a stranger could be a friend you are just meeting for the first time"

0|0
    0|0
  • I met my current boyfriend of over a year on a dating app. We talked for a week or so before deciding to meet up.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't give a fuck as long as she was very cool easy to talk too, funny&had a care free attitude hell yeah I would no doubt.

1|0
    1|0
  • No but I have a deep rooted fear when it comes to people from online

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes