When is the right time to have "what are we" talk?

917

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd say around 3 years old. Wouldent want your toddler running around thinking he's a dog. That would make potty training even more of a bitch.

Regaurds,
    - Mr. brick

916
  • I too have asked this question here before. And I came up with, never.
    U 2 should know after a few months pass and you’re still seeing each other quite often and doing things what couples would normally do. You’ll just know and feel it.
    Personally, I’ve never asked it.

• At best before you get into bed together. But I guess I'm too oldfashioned again. Myself I never even kissed a guy I wasn't in a relationship with.

• I figure by the third date either it is a relationship and BF/GF or just leave and move on.
    I think the only people that actually need to have a discussion of what they are are the ones that do casual stuff and are normally cheaters. A good person wouldn't be seeing multiple people.

• On the first date. Also, wear a wedding dress to the date.

• If you do the above and he's wearing a clown suit, you know he's the one. Just as your lady friends.

• Well not from the first date but make it clear exactly what you want first then after a few more dates then it would be when you've gotten to know them better

• Theoretically never, there should be a full expression of interest from both parties... But that rarely happens
    If things are not clear, the talk is inevitable

• the best time is when you're fed up and wanna get rid of the guy. cause that's the consequence of that talk. if you wanna keep him, don't have that talk.

• If you actually feel like you *need* to have it, then right now. Otherwise you should already know.

• If you don’t know what you are, the answer is probably nothing.

• Right from the get-go. I'd let him to know I want a relationship, if he's not interested then he can find someone else.

• in a non-conflict situation. maybe over a dinner or something like that.

• Never. If you don't know what you are you aren't anything so shouldn't be together. If you do know what you are but you want it voiced (for self validation and ego) you shouldn't be with anyone.

• When you've been on say 4-6 dates and realise that he's a cool dude who may get taken by another chick at any moment.

• At night, people are more emotional and honest in that period of the day

• When that arises

• After 11 o'clock at night best time to talk.

• I don't see the point of that talk.

• After your first black eye.

• Immediately prior to breaking up

• Within the first 3 months

• There is no definitive time

• Maybe after a month.

• In an existential crisis kind of way?

• Never.*
    You should know where you stand based on how you treat each other. Healthy couples never have this conversation - they don't need to ask.

*Unless you want him to break up, because this is a 100% effective way of getting him to dumo your insecure ass.

• Whenever you feel the need to define your relationship more precisely. In my experience this seems to happen around the time you start having sex.