What is holding you back from getting a Boyfriend/Girlfriend?

Love is in the air but so is the Flu, wash your hands!
  • Fear of rejection
  • I am not worthy to have such a thing
  • I am an Introvert
    Vote C
  • MeToo movement has ruined everything
    Vote D
  • I simply just gave up
    Vote E
  • I don't know where to meet Him or Her
    Vote F
  • Other (please leave a comment)
    Vote G

4499

Most Helpful Girls

• Oh gosh, where to start...

-I live in a relatively small city so most guys my age are already married, taken, moved away, or flat out not interested in me.
    -I'm mostly a homebody, so outside of going to exercise, the store, and work, I'm not that social
    -Apparently I'm "intimidating" to men, so they're afraid to approach me 🙄
    And in the past when I approached a guy or said I liked him, I got friendzoned... so it's a lose/lose situation.
    -I'm too old for playing games. Some guys like to play mindgames to test or see how I feel about them? Yeah I don't have time for that nonsense! I'm at the point in my life where I'm like, "Okay, do you like me or not? And if so, when are we going out..."
    In other words, I'm blunt which can turn off some guys.

And...
    -I'm just done for now. At least for me, it's easier and less heartache and drama being single. I'll try again when the time is right.

• I hear ya.. are you stuck in that small city or do you enjoy the peace and quiet of one?

• You know I keep saying I'm going to move away one day, but when with the humid summers, subpar job market, and minimal extracurricular activities for people to do around here... I still like it.

I live in a town of roughly 12-13,000 people. And while the dating pool sucks, it's your friendly, old southern town so it's hard to turn it away.

• it takes time to heal to be fair for the next and myself. i want to make sure i am fully ready.

too many jump from one to another to avoid being alone... do you think this maybe another reason why so many relationships out there dont last... they still dont know what they want or who they are.

Most Helpful Guys

• I work under the assumption that a girl isn't interested unless she shows me in some demonstrable way but all of the girls I see day-to-day either have their earbuds on or only make incidental eye contact, which I brush off as nothing. So I'm left with the impression that no one is actually interested in me. But even if they were, I'm not sure I'd be all that interested. I seldom see women that instantly grab and hold my attention due to my standards and the women I do interact with don't emotionally stimulate me enough to be interested in them romantically.

So, I guess it's not knowing where and how to meet the rare type of women that physically and emotionally interests me.

• That is a good point.. many people today are immersed in their own world with head phones on and glued to their smart phones. It can kind of leave you thinking these things. You have to ask yourself or maybe even GAG... Where can I meet a rare type of woman that physically and emotionally interests me?

• Neither myself nor this website know the answer to that question. I've been on this site long enough to know that the "answers" would be pretty generic and along the lines of "anywhere, school, the grocery store, church, at a bookstore, etc", and while all of these answers may be true, given today's social climate and women's proclivity to wall themselves off from strangers, it's more than likely not true.

• Well people can view it that way but still give it a shot. It's only a theory until proven right or wrong. For me I could be the exception which I will always take that chance in pursuit of what matters to me. So in closing.. it's up to the individual to believe in what they believe and take action or not no matter how the cards are stacked.

• "I simply just gave up".

Because I don't believe it's worth my time or worth it at all. Once somebody had been single for so long they're going to realize that it won't make any real difference either way. I am MORE THAN CERTAIN that a relationship or any relationship simply does not guarantee any kind of ever lasting "happiness", "completeness", or "satisfaction".

In fact it would be quite the opposite, set one up for even more heartbreak, disappointments, frustrations, anger, miseries and unhappiness.

I still rather have nobody because I'll always have nobody to lose and nobody to lie to me and turn on me.