Are cheerleaders supposed to date popular guys?

Can she only date the popular guy?
Can she only date the popular guy?

2438

2438
  • I knew popular girls that chose the nice and sweet guy over the popular guy. One girl looked gorgeous and was desired and wanted by all the men for dating and liked by all the woman for friendship. When I ran into her at school years later she told me she hated high school because she always had tons of people around her but none of them were actually her friends.

• "Supposed"? You high schoolers or middle schoolers are so hilarious when you think of your social hierarchy.

No. You are not "supposed" to date popular guys because you are a cheerleader. You date whoever. Trust me popularity won't matter after your k-12 education. Go into University and you'll see the intelligent educated students are making $$$. Date who you like and remember, what's the point of dating? To find the person that you are going to marry, unless you just want to date for fun.

• 6d

You're 18 and you're talking down to "you high schoolers" lol. You're right about the everything else but your attitude is amusing.

• 6d

@ForteExe It's just my past experience with unnecessary high school crushes. I didn't mean to say that phrase as if I'm superior to them. Sorry.

• 6d

You don't need to apologise lol. I just found the arrogance funny is all. It's like when Angelica on Rugrats says "you babies" when she just rolled out of diapers herself.

• Yep, and that’s why it’s so much cooler if you don’t.

It’s freedom to date who you want not just some guy that everyone is after who will treat you poorly.

• Yes. They’re forced to. If they don’t, they’ll catch LIGMA. Tragic. My friend’s sister’s brother’s girlfriend was a cheerleader. She dated a... NERD 🤮🤮 I know. Anyways, two weeks later she passed away from stage 9000 Ligma... Rip Sharon ❤️

• Cheerleaders are steereotyped to be extremely physically attractive and feminine, which is the primary prerequisite for most of the high school male population. They basically have a pick of whichever guy they want because they're attractive in thag sense. Are they SUPPOSED to date the guys? No. Can they? Yes.

• Cheerleaders aren’t “supposed” to date popular people anymore than anyone else is. However cheerleaders tend to be more popular themselves and thus tend to date people of a similar social status.

• I guess?

I don't know that seems to be the trend from what I remember in high school.

I don't really see the appeal in cheer leaders.

And tbh I'm not even sure why we even have cheer leaders. Do they even have any influence in the crowd?

Cause tbh I'd probably be more pumped if I saw someone perform a dangerous stunt, like something from jackass. Rather than seeing girls dance around and holding each other over their heads.

• All the popular guys and cheerleaders from my previous schools are nobodies now.

• 6d

Just goes to show ya that High School Life while formative is not an indicator how you’ll turn out later in life.

It makes me giggle. Haha.

• They date whoever they want if they are wanted back by the guy, too. As it should be. I dated a few, turned down a few. The best looking gal back when was not a cheerleader but was in 'theater' as a thespian. We became involved till her parents divorced and she ended up moving away as a result. Life goes on.

• Screw the ideas society has drilled into much of the brains today.

• If you want. Cheerleaders usually get the best of the best though

• 6d

The best of the best? Most of the guys that I have met that are "popular" are almost all jerks.

• 6d

cheer IS dance. thats why pro cheerleaders are cheerleaders. they don't do stunts, they just dance. so, theyr'e the dance team. we just refer to them as cheerleaders because they have poms in their hand

• 6d

@PepsiBottle No, stunts are what defines cheer.

• If you so much as consider the possibility that you're "supposed" to date someone because you're a cheerleader then you're too immature to be dating.

• People should date whoever they want to date. Why limit yourself?

• Cheerleader girls are mostly easy-fuck hoes so she probably will , whatever
    Depends how old is she too

• 6d

Gross oversimplification. However I’ve known a few.

• 6d

“... VAPID enough..”

• 6d

Not all people, and I know it’s not the truth. 👌🏼👍🏼

• Supposed to? Somehow, it seemed that the cheerleaders ended up with the jocks, but not sure if that makes them "popular" or just following flawed precedent.

• XD no... everyone is entitled to make their own choices

• They generally go into cheerleading to be part of that group and that includes the babes and the jocks

Most often that will be the case

• I'm pretty sure in real life, cheerleader date all sorts of dudes besides the "popular" guy..

• Yes. It's actually enshrined in a small and often overlooked paragraph of the constitution. Look it up. Believe me!

• Nope, but they will, because dating the nerd or a nobody will hurt their career and their reputation.

• No-one is supposed to date anyone. We dont live in medievil times when people dated and married for status

• As far as I know, the only requirement is to provide encouragement during sporting events

• yes it is mandatory
    he does not have a choice in the matter

• If we're going by clichés, then yes. But nobody's "supposed to date" anybody.

• Not necessarily. In my opinion people should date whoever makes them happy no matter how popular or unpopular they are.

• I don't know about "suppose to", but I always felt they attract them so easily, like automatically.

• Don't worry about what you are "supposed to do", be true to yourself.

• They're supposed to date who they like. But at that age few people understand the value of freedom or how to take it.

• no, but she'll lose a lot of popularity-yet gain respect.

• They can date whom they choose but just know the consequences

• Yes, usually cheerleaders get their first pick of the alpha males

• 6d

The concept of “alpha male” is silly...

Women (girls) are attracted to CONFIDENCE. (maybe a touch of danger? ... ie: the Bad Boy)

Trust me

• 6d

Yeah, most of the girls on my team usually just goes around and hooks up with a lot of guys, but I don't do that and I don't even date anyone so most people think it's weird.

• 6d

@Katherine1105 don’t give ‘em a thought.

Date whenever and whomever you like.

Enjoy your adolescence... Don’t rush, there’ll be plenty of time for dating. Be comfortable in your own skin (as difficult as that may be at your age)

Good luck in life.

• No😂 I'm a cheerleader and I don't understand why someone people say this

• 6d

I'll date who I want

• 6d

Tbh I don't really feel popular. I think it's what people call (for example) sporty people

• 6d

popular is just knowing lots of people. that's all it is. there's nothing special about it

• That’s how it’s portrayed in cliques and high school movies. Nerds don’t always date other nerds & popular people don’t always date other popular people. I was a huge closet nerd , but considered popular. I still hanged out with a wide variety of people from nerds to sporty people , to band people to anyone really who caught my interests. We keep this idea of cliques & it’s a never ending cycle of believing that we have to date people based on our own clique. You don’t. If you are a cheerleader and you want to go date the dude who plays a tuba then go for it. Don’t let society tell you who you HAVE to like. You know what you like and you should know what you want.

• No one is "supposed" to do anything.

• There is no "supposed to".

• Unfortunately its the law of the Land at school

• 6d

If you’re in the position of being “that” person... why not buck the trend. Try being an individual. I always enjoyed giving the people who thought I should act a certain way a big middle finger. 🖕🏼

• 6d

@Gazzoo good for you.

• 6d

@adamski24 that was QUITE a few years ago, but I appreciate your enthusiasm. Hehe.

• That’s a pretty dumb question, so maybe...

• 😑🤦🏼‍♀️

• No, dumb question.

• No...

• They don't have to...

• Yeah

• No "s'posed to"
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

• Nah theyre supposed to date the person they like

• Hahaha. Damn right they are!

• No, they can date who they like,

• What rule is that

• They don't have to.

• No, date who you want.

• no, but i can fuck her if she wants

Show More
12