Why are people in their mid to late 20s still participating in “hook up” culture?

Isn’t it time to consider dating someone and settling down?

Is it time to settle down after 30?
Is it time to settle down after 30?

1340

Most Helpful Guys

• Im not going into a serious relationship before i turned 30.
    Till then I will Work on my personality, physique, education and start building the foundation of my carreer.

After that I figured myself Out and can get a Partner of Higher Quality than I could get when I Charged Into a relationship now with a lower Quality Woman.

A women in the time frame of now and when im 30 would be distracting because I would have to consider her life choices and make compromises.

So yeah that's why I am rather Spinning plates than have a LTR right now.

• Didn't "hook up" in my teens, didn't "hook up" in my 20's, and haven't "hooked up" in my early 30's nor do I intend to. I thought it was stupid back then and still think it's stupid. People I know that participated in it pregnant, STDs, and caused havoc.

Most Helpful Girls

• a) mid and late 20s is still young b) they don't feel ready or want to and c) there's no rule about when to style up

About the hookup culture, I don't agree and find it gross too but don't agree with the rest of your points

• I don't know which idiots thumbed this down.. Probably some 15-16 y. olds

• People settle down when they are ready, not when the society tells them. And if they are not settling down at this age, does not mean they are participatin in the ''hook up'' culture. each person have their own path.