Why are people in their mid to late 20s still participating in “hook up” culture?

Isn’t it time to consider dating someone and settling down?

Is it time to settle down after 30?
Is it time to settle down after 30?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Im not going into a serious relationship before i turned 30.
    Till then I will Work on my personality, physique, education and start building the foundation of my carreer.

After that I figured myself Out and can get a Partner of Higher Quality than I could get when I Charged Into a relationship now with a lower Quality Woman.

A women in the time frame of now and when im 30 would be distracting because I would have to consider her life choices and make compromises.

So yeah that's why I am rather Spinning plates than have a LTR right now.

1|1
    0|0
  • Didn't "hook up" in my teens, didn't "hook up" in my 20's, and haven't "hooked up" in my early 30's nor do I intend to. I thought it was stupid back then and still think it's stupid. People I know that participated in it pregnant, STDs, and caused havoc.

8|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• a) mid and late 20s is still young b) they don't feel ready or want to and c) there's no rule about when to style up

About the hookup culture, I don't agree and find it gross too but don't agree with the rest of your points

2|4
    1|2
    • I don't know which idiots thumbed this down.. Probably some 15-16 y. olds

• People settle down when they are ready, not when the society tells them. And if they are not settling down at this age, does not mean they are participatin in the ''hook up'' culture. each person have their own path.

3|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I don't understand the late 20s but early 20s I do since you still feel super young at that age and aren't ready to commit. I'm 24 and I still can't see myself having a kid and being married, even though I want to be a mother someday and in a serious relationship right now. So when you are young, you want to have fun. And a lot of people find hooking up to be fun. So they enjoy their young lives that way I guess. Just what I think.

0|0
    0|0
  • I kind of think of it the other way.
    I think friends with benefits should be just for divorced or separated single parents who's lives are too complicated for dating and relationships.
    I feel like the ones in their early 20's should be taking relationships very seriously and pairing up so they can get married and have kids.
    Instead they're all fucking around wasting time.

0|1
    0|1
  • Who are you to tell them what to do?
    People of all adult ages do it. Big deal.

1|2
    3|0
    • I’m me to tell them lol.

• People in their 60s, 70s and even 80s still "hook up". Lots of them do. There is no age where that is not a thing until they are incapable of doing it any more.

1|1
    0|0
  • brah...
    65 year old retired men with millions in retirement savings travel to Thailand for month Long sex binges... you're never too old for sex culture... its life brah

1|1
    3|0
  • The heck with that. Haven't you heard about the prevalence of STDs in old people's homes?

"between 2007 and 2011, chlamydia infections among Americans 65 and over increased by 31 percent, and syphilis by 52 percent"
    www.huffingtonpost.com/.../...-a-ne_b_9619778.html

0|1
    0|0
  • There’s something called marriage, which isn’t for everyone.
    Likewise there are those who are singles of which some are
    less concerned or caring of their sexual escapades and
    self respect. They live their lives and I focus on living
    mines.

1|0
    0|0
  • Isn't this like assuming that they can find someone that will settle down with them? I mean seriously, that person is just going to cheat and fuck around. That is what the chances are... otherwise you're just really lucky.

0|0
    1|0
  • Cuz having a firm partner gives them the idea they can be total control freaks about how much time to spend with them and put your education second to them. Your priorities are second to their need for attention.

0|0
    0|1
  • That is how their morals are. They don't change, and if they do try to settle down they end up cheating because they don't see sex as a big deal.

3|0
    0|1
  • Tbh. There are a few issues that contribute to this. One of the issues is that most of the generation wants to avoid commitment and responsibility and they feel as if they're going to miss out. Another issue is the media and Hollywood they romanticize and reinforce the whole idea of hook up culture with movies, music, social media.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably because they haven’t found someone who make them settle down

1|1
    1|1
  • Hah, people after crossing thirty are hooking up and here I am a virgin. I guess age is just a number for many and others do it for fun.
    I dunno if that's my thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • There's no point. Relationshits are dead, they're just thrashing about now.

0|2
    1|0
  • they think they are still young and life is just once in a lifetime to experiment and maybe they aren't into marriage.

this is a total guess, I am not one of them so I do not know.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they're not either mature enough to settle down, or don't feel they're at a place in there life where it is necessary.

0|1
    1|1
  • Damn, I know guys in their 50's and 60's doing it, mainly because they are sick of all the BS involved in settling down.

0|1
    2|0
  • Yo, I'm 25 lol. Shit happens differently for everyone, personally I started dating very late so I don't really tend to "hookup" anymore but I'm still on dem apps.

0|0
    0|0
  • They do it cuz they didn't get it enough in there teens

0|1
    1|1
  • If they aren’t settling down, they’re still immature.

4|0
    2|2
  • umm they wanna sample all the dicks and pussy's while they can then settle for something below par later

0|1
    0|1
  • I think it's less that people are actually hooking up, and more that people are just scared of intimacy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Is it mandatory to get married and have kids by a certain age or something? Nothing wrong with having single fun until the day you die

0|0
    0|0
  • Settling down isn't for everyone. You can hook up even later in life if you want to I guess.

2|0
    0|0
    • I don't really like the hook up culture. But I don't think settling down is necessary

• Because I don't trust what anyone says anymore, people change their minds at the flip of a hat and I'm not down with that

1|0
    0|0
  • people change in time. if u feel the love in ur relationship. you should follow it otherwise go to your way.

0|0
    0|0
  • it is not time to consider dating someone and settling down

0|0
    0|0
  • Never got into the hookup culture, but still not married either.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they dont got their priorities straight.

3|1
    1|2
  • Many people today just never seem to grow up.

0|0
    0|0
  • They like it

0|2
    0|0
  • Everyone moves at their own speed.

2|1
    0|1
  • You presume that they want to settle down.

2|1
    0|0
  • everyone's boat floats differently :3

2|1
    0|0
  • Why do people of any age do this?

1|0
    1|0
  • Because everyone has different desires and goals.

0|0
    0|0
  • enjoy being young, you are only there once

0|1
    0|0
  • They think age is just a number lmao hahahha

1|0
    0|1
  • In my 30s now but women only want to hook up

0|0
    0|0
  • they want freedom. LOL

1|0
    1|0
  • Its the generation

0|0
    1|1
  • Never did that

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell no! That's the age guys are most successful at hooking up. Women want men to settle down at this age because they're more appealing to women, while women slowly lose their appeal at this age. Men if you read this DON'T FALL INTO THE TRAP. HAVE FUN

0|0
    3|0
  • Because 30's the new 20.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some just really like it.

For some “still” isn’t that accurate. I’ve probably known as many guys who couldn’t easily hook up till they were in their late 20s as ones who could hook up easily as teens.

So -somea of the guys who are hooking up were either single or in relationships that worked out badly when young... so they’re not bored of hooking up because they haven’t been doing it for that long.

0|2
    0|0
  • Damn even 14 year old are doing it everyone wants to get CREAMPIED aaah shit fuck im going in hard aahah aah ah god damn ah shit ain't gonna last to long fuck aha a gotta pull out aaa a aah NOW IM BACK INSIDE ah ah ah ah ah ah Im gunna CUM a ahajaj ahahah aaaaaaaaaaaaaa shiiiiit fuuuck ah god its so sensitive

1|1
    3|2
  • Still haven’t found someone they want to settle with and don’t want to give up the sex in the meantime either probably.

1|1
    0|0
  • Isn't it time to mind your own business?

2|1
    3|1
  • What makes you think that they are not settled down, while doing this..

0|1
    2|0

Recommended myTakes