My boyfriend has never gotten me a gift?

I’ve been with my boyfriend for 5 years.. I’ve gotten him a gift every holiday.. spent over thousands of dollars on him and he has never gotten me a gift.. his initial excuse was “I don’t know what you like” ...

He’s kinda cheap sometimes so I didn’t want to stress him out so I will always tell him before a holiday..”you don’t have to get me nothing special.. I would be happy with a $10 necklace as long as it’s from the heart” .. the holiday comes and his excuse would be I want to get you something better but it was too much money but that’s not an excuse because there’s been several times where he’ll spend hella money on dumb shit and he just had extra money and again that goes to back to my first response with him which is “I would be happy with whatever you can afford to get me” and then on some holidays he’ll see I’m upset and lie and said but I did get you a present and he’ll sit there and see if I really will harass him about it like “oh really I want it now ” but I’m not that type of person so I would just be like “yay give it to me” and he’ll say something like “I will later” and I never bring it up again and he’ll never bring it up again which of course I know him by now there wasn’t a present to begin with..

He lied obviously and today’s valentine day and of course he seen me upset and did that stupid lying ass shit saying he has me a present.. do I want him to get it for me? Like what the fuck.. Like he wants me to harass and say yes now go get me a present which I hate because if he does that I know he really doesn’t want to get me one and I don’t us errand why the fuck he does that... so now I’m laying in bed alone while he went to go smoke with his friends and it really confuses me because when I try to break up with him.. he tells me all these things like I love you.. I want to have kids with you.. if you talk to another guy I’ll never talk to you again but then does shit like that so now I’m really just depressed and confused.

2720

Most Helpful Girls

• Sounds like my ex. He would do the same and the fact that he knew I never cared for gifts. He never bought me anything. It was always an excuse and then will ask me for money and of course I will give him money or other things without even questioning him, " why " but for some reason he will have money for alcohol, going to the bar and buying drinks for himself and his friends, and buying weed. On my own birthday my dad had to pay our dinner and I had to buy the alcohol for the both of us and of course the next day he had money for weed. He always knew what to say to keep me around until I guess I was just to boring for him and he ended it.
    I wish I could of done it but go by how you really feel. Some times being in a relationship and being depressed is never okay even if you do really love him. Just really think how you really feel about him. While you're alone. Is this something you want to keep dealing with? Or just end it and not give in with what he is saying so you won't leave?

• Well, your passage was very long, so I didn't read all of it, but I got the gist of it. "I don't know what you like" isn't an excuse to be honest. You've been dating for five years.. if you don't have ANY IDEA what I would like, then you don't know me as a person and these past five years have been pointless to be honest. Stop throwing away your money on someone who isn't even putting in half of the effort into the relationship and who doesn't understand the importance of appreciating your significant other and expressing your love to each other.

Most Helpful Guys

• So you vulantarily buy him expensive gifts... to expect something back...
    doesn't he provide emotional gifts as in being supportive... if he smokes with his friends thats don't to him to stop and focus on you but your relationship should be about emotions and material things...

I have never brought my fiance a present and her non for me either men want emotional relationships and general understanding from the ones they love

• Well he went to go smoke with his friends on Valentine’s Day so there’s not much emotional support there either... I told him even a cute card or text would of been nice.. I’m more after the Principal of it not the gifts

• OMG you need to get some standards for yourself and FAST. Get rid of this dude and find a guy who won't cause all this pain and frustration.. I could hardly read this without wanting to throw up.. is that what you want? People who hear this get sick because it's so crazy? Come on... you are better then this and you know it. Date somebody who has their shit together and that includes you.. you get your shit together too!