Ladies: If you went on a date with a guy and he later called you "sister", what would you think? Guys: What does it mean when you call a woman this?

I'm piggybacking off of someone else's question that asked if they had ever been friendzoned. I responded that I had been friendzoned when a guy called me "sister". I was told that I should not have assumed that he was no longer interested and that I was in the wrong.
What would you think if a guy called you "sister"?
Updates:
Girls, has a guy ever friendzoned you? Guys have you ever friendzoned a girl?
Girls, has a guy ever friendzoned you? Guys have you ever friendzoned a girl? ↗

0|2

Most Helpful Girls

• When a guy calls you sister it definitely sounds like they only see you as a close friend. But then again maybe that's just something that they often say to people so it may have just slipped out without him even thinking about it

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I wouldn't say that to a woman even if I wanted to friendzone her. I would tell her directly that I didn't see us as a potential couple but we could be friends.

1|0
    0|0
  • What others said. I would love her like a sister. So anything romantic would be out of the question.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It usually depends on the man, but personally, if I were to call a woman I was with my "sister", it would not at all mean that I could not develop or have feelings for her.

It would just mean that I felt a brother/sister sort of affection for her, but that and romantic feelings are not exclusive of each other as I could easily feel both toward the same woman.

1|0
    0|0
  • I called my ex "sister" twice back in the day.(cause we were about to break up)

Generally, we call girls "sister" if we aren't INTERESTED in them. But, if it happened in a relationship which is on the edge of breaking up, it's a soft and kind way to say "i break up".

But, sometimes it can be a joke too. :)

1|0
    0|0
  • i've only said sister to a person of color. so if the guy was black and said that to a white girl it might mean nothing. it might actually be a tactic to relate to you and get into your pants.

1|0
    0|0
  • I tend to call my female friends sister or sis, just as I call my male friends brother or bro.
    It should be noted that I am asexual, so I will go on intimate dates with my friends, but nothing romantic or sexual in nature will happen... at least not on my end.

0|0
    0|0
  • It sounds like he's placing you in the Friendzoned
    I know growing up often my Father would call my
    Mother Mom so i don't know much about that but
    i do know my Father was raised in Country and My
    Mother was raised in the City so maybe that has
    something to do about it. I don't know about your
    situation.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would think that he watches James Charles videos.

1|3
    0|0
  • I dont think so. From my viewpoint, the girls i want to friendzone i dont call sisters. Whats more when i tell that to a girl it usually means that i think we are so similiar.

1|0
    0|0
  • It would probably mean that I think she is a nun. I have no sisters so that would be the default meaning.
    I would think the same if a chick called me brother. She can go screw herself I am no monk.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would say it depends on the context. It's just a word i don't think it necessarily means anything.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sister, wow that’s not even in the relationship pool. That’s being sidelined and not allowed to touch the water.. RIP

0|1
    0|0
  • I would never call a girl "sister" if I were attracted to them. I'd use it as a subtle way to friend zone her

1|0
    0|0
  • You got sister zoned lol. I have a few female friends that I see as little sisters.

1|0
    0|0
  • XD I would never say that to a girl I'm dating unless we just decided to be friends.

1|0
    0|0
  • I only call my sisters "sister" so i dont know thats probably a friendzoning method

1|0
    0|0
  • that he is just not into a girl he says it to usely that's what it means

1|0
    0|0
  • If he's not from the ghetto then it's kinda weird calling your Date sister lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say ask him. He might have a sis/bro fetish. lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I think they be looking for something.

1|0
    0|0
  • Gay men say sis

2|0
    0|0
  • Means nothing to me. Lol

1|1
    0|0
  • That I think of her as if she were my sister

1|0
    0|0
  • Need more context.

1|0
    0|0
    • I've never been friend zoned or friend zoned someone. I go for what I want. I have had female friends that were friends of a girl I was dating but they understood that when I first met them. Friend was the only thing on the table.

• Probably friendzoned

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd whip out my tits to save the date

1|0
    0|0
  • That’s the worst thing you could ever get called

2|0
    0|0
  • He’s gay

4|0
    0|0