Do you prefer to make reservations for a date or figure things out as you go?

Do you prefer to make reservations for a date or figure things out as you go?

1|5

Most Helpful Girls

• I'm a planner but my husband is quite the opposite. He can't even plan a picnic with friends nor intrested to do so.
    Heck even our honeymoon was barely planned which almost gave me a heart attack lol

I got used to the new life style.
    His moto is: you have your passport and wallet? Anything else can be arranged.

Needless to say restaurants are never planned.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like doing things both ways so it doesn't matter, as long as my date and me are having a good time.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I'd only make reservations if I otherwise wouldn't be able to get a table. I just made some for Valentine's Day, but normally getting a table isn't a problem.

1|0
    0|0
  • Little bit of both. Spice it up. Everything can’t be pre-planned

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It would depend on the day - if it was something like valentines or new year - I would want a reservation. If it was more like a spontaneous thing I would prefer no reservations.

1|0
    0|0
  • Make plans.

1|0
    0|0
  • If the restaurant is really nice and we want to go to it, then I’d make reservations months in advance if I have to. The restaurant would have to be really good and something we want to go to. I can’t think of any restaurant that I’d care that much to go to, that I can’t just substitute for a different restaurant that’s just as cozy, romantic, and possess delicious food.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends, but if i took a girl on a date, i won't open doors or hold chairs or kiss hands... that's my rule 😄

In my book, the girl will serve herself...

But she can kiss MY hand if she wants too since i'll be paying for the date...

The only hand ans only time that i'll kiss a woman's hand is if she's my wife aka "devoted housewife" and she made a nice delicious meal, at this point i'll kiss her hand and maybe eat it as a dessert 😈

1|0
    0|0
  • I like to make plans when dating girls and it's always good to make back up plans because a lot of restaurants in my area take no reservations and wait times on busy night can be half an hour wait. Timing is everything.

1|0
    0|0
  • Both.
    At times, its fun to be spontanous.. just go with the flow, explore.
    Some weekends you need to make reservations.
    special events, dinner dates, you have to make reservations. Also fun to get all dressed up.

1|0
    0|0
  • Reservations can be classy but it can also be fun to not have a plan and kind of discover a place together. Both have good value to them. Personally, I have yet to have the money for a place like that so it's usually figure out as I go :)

1|0
    0|0
  • If I can, always make reservations. Nothing is more incompetent than showing your date that you lack foresight.

However I won’t bash the occasional spontaneous date. These can be quite fun and memorable and you can both complain about the wait, while getting excited at the same time.

1|0
    0|0
  • Since I'm a classy guy. I have a collection of invisible ties to go on classy dates. They match my t-shirts.

I would rather kind of wing it. First date would get to know her. Then after that, I should be able to tell what she would like for a second date.

1|0
    0|0
  • Both are awsome. I'd often make a weekend date plan, lets say to go horseback riding. some details aren't planned out and we roll with it. If it's a dinner date, I'd make reservation.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the person. If they usually agree, then it becomes random, but if they have their own wishes, then we plan it a little.

1|0
    0|0
  • We both prefer to plan in advance and make reservations.

1|0
    0|0
  • I’m huge on planning, so my dates would most likely be planned out and reserved for at least the first couple dates

1|0
    0|0
  • I've never been to a place nice enough to require a reservation to get in.

1|0
    0|0
  • Make plans. I haven't been on a date in seven years.

1|0
    0|0
  • Figure out things as you go - being spontaneous is my thing

1|0
    0|0
  • I prefer not making reservations and have honestly never done so.

1|0
    0|0
  • I figure things out unless its a birthday party then I make reservations

1|0
    0|0
  • Usually I prefer to roll the dice and see what shakes out...

1|0
    0|0
  • If it’s at an expensive restaurant, then yes I’ll make reservations.

0|0
    0|0
  • I just don’t enjoy dinner dates to begin with.

1|0
    0|0
  • Figure out as I go. I'm shit with planning

1|0
    0|0
  • either

1|0
    0|0
  • Spur of the moment usually.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like to plan ahead

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm a planner.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the occasion

1|0
    0|0
  • Me and my boyfriend have never made a reservation.

1|0
    0|0
  • I prefer both

1|0
    0|0
  • Its better to plan

1|1
    0|0
  • Both

1|0
    0|0
  • Figure things out as they go.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends

1|0
    0|0
  • Reservationns

1|0
    0|0
  • do some thing fun on a date like a fun park

1|0
    0|0
  • Reserve a table

1|0
    0|0
  • A little of both

1|0
    0|0
  • Both.

Sometimes both on the same date. Make a reservation at an event/restaurant and then go from there once we're done at the reserved place. Sometimes it might be reservations at dinner and then just bar hopping or going through downtown and chatting and if something interesting is happening that we pass by take part in it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Either is fine. I try to avoid dinner dates though until the relationship is established. I feel awkward trying to look all proper while eating and at the same time trying to maintain a seamless conversation that seems natural and unforced.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes