Girls, is it possible for a guy to be TOO tall?

I know most women like tall guys (around 5'10-6'0), and it's possible for a guy to be too short, but what about too tall? I met a guy online who is 6'5 and we've only been talking for a few days (haven't met and probably won't for a while), but I didn't know he was that tall when I messaged him. I didn't look at his height on his profile. I'm only 5'2 myself so I wonder what that would look like hahaha. I'm not opposed to his height, but it did kind of throw me off. The guys I've dated have always been about 6'0-6'2 because that just seems to be the trend with guys I attracted in the past. I never had a guy who was under 5'10 find me attractive, but I've heard tall guys like short women for some reason.
  • Yes, it's possible for a guy to be too tall
    Vote A
  • No, I don't care if he's really tall
    Vote B
  • I'm a guy/results
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Do me a favor and go for a man who’s short and save the tall guys for us tall girls 😘 I’d love to have a man that’s 6’5 because I’m 5’11 lol. I do think it’s possible for you to look extremely weird together aka you being so much shorter than him that you look like father & daughter or sister & brother.

1|1
    0|0
    • What about a guy your height or shorter?

• Show All
    • @Allie_Oops I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps guys over there in the USA have a different attitude and preference in their women, to those here in the UK.
      In my experience with my previous four boyfriends all were well over 6', and I seriously cannot ever recollect being approached by guys my height or shorter.

• @EmmaMary I'm also 5'2, though, which is below the average height of a woman, so my experience may be different.

Most Helpful Guys

• Tall guys like short girls to. I had a girlfriend who was 5'2 and I am 6'6. She was still easy to kiss, hold her hand, and do stuff with. Both short girls and tall girls are great. Its all about finding the girl that the guy clicks with. Dont let your height discourage you!!

0|1
    1|0
    • That's just weird. Should be Illegal. It's like taking advantage of a kid

• Do me a favor and date a taller girl because that looks so extremely weird not to mention how did you not break ur arm from holding it down so low 😂😂😂😂

• Things worked out at the time. If I meet a taller girl and things click, I would date her. It just comes down to the connection

• I would hope so... nobody wants to date a tree. LOL

6|2
    1|0
    • Even though I am personally not attracted to somebody who is very tall than me, I find that comment of yours extremely rude. Nobody can control what they got.

• Show All
    • I saw this thread and was thinking coachTanthony made a joke. Then I saw that btbc92 thought it wasn't something to joke about. But the essence of a joke is to take a bad situation and make it a good one through laughter. It's understandable to argue about it if the comment was directed to hurt, but once you found out it wasn't the problem should have been dropped.

• @That_one-guy Bunch of snowflakes in need ofa safe space.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Definitely. I’m 5’2 and I dated a 6’5 guy and when together we just looked ridiculous. Even walking our gaits were so unmatched I was either jogging or he was taking 1 step for every 5 of mine. Sex was awkward and a logistical nightmare

0|0
    0|0
  • There is no such thing as too tall or too short for me. There is only body not fit enough or face not handsome enough. With handsome face and hot body he can be even 3 meters tall, or literally half my height - I don't really care

0|0
    0|0
  • Since when is 5'10-5'11 tall? That's pretty average
    So is 6'0

2|1
    0|0
    • yea I don't hear the end of it.

im 5'6 which is basically a midget now

• Show All
    • I never even knew it was supposed to be a bad thing growing up, not to mention, whoever said I could not be masculine and cuddly at the sametime? (I would probably get a lot of blue down votes if I said this in a opinion.😆)

• Gotta agree with this, I consider guys below 6' average/small

• Yes a guy can be too tall. I’m only 5 ft so I like average height guys around 5’7 instead of over 6ft.

1|0
    0|0
    • Average height for a guy in the states is around 5'10, not 5'7

• Show All
    • No, it's 5'9.5, which you round up is 5'10

• Finally a girl who dates guys around her height 😭💗

• I think so.
    I had a guy who was interested in me, he's 6'7 and despite me liking big height difference, this height difference is just too much and would be uncomfortable for me.

You can't kiss them even on your tiptoes let alone kiss while having sex face to face.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m 5’4 I’d feel uncomfortable with extremely tall guys my friend is 6’2 and made short jokes when he was tree lol

2|2
    0|0
  • It definetely is. If he's more than half a head taller than me I'd feel uncomfortable. at least thats how I feel when standing next to taller friends.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like maybe 6 ft 3 but if your like 6ft 10 I'll have to climb 6 ladders before I can kiss you... And it'll probably make sex awkward and weird

0|0
    0|0
  • If your talking about sex position then yes it is possible and problematic. I'm 4'8 and some guys are just too tall to stand with comfortably my feet don't touch the floor in some positions.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Soon women will require guys to be 7ft or more before dating them

0|5
    1|0
    • lol I would not be surprised

• I mean I wouldn’t be mad if a guy was 7 ft but I surely wouldn’t expect it. I did meet a guy who was 6’8 though.

• I'm 6'7 and I've never had a problem that someone declined me for being too tall.
    Regarding tall guys preferences, personally I think shorter girls are cute and taller girls are sexy, in general.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, above 195cm. i am 167 cm, so i prefer a guy between 175 vm and 185 cm. 185 cm -195 cm could be uncomfortable too, but it is not a dealbreaker.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 5'3 and personally, I really like it when he's taller than me. It makes me feel special for some reason uwu

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, 6’2+ would be too tall for me because tall people are scary

0|0
    0|0
  • I like tall people so I dont always have to look down Im 6 foot 3

0|0
    0|0
  • I think 6'2 is the perfect height for a guy, anything above could be impractical and awkward, I'm 6ft tall

0|0
    0|0
    • I like guys who are 6’2 but I don’t think guys who are taller are awkward.

• I have a friend that's 6'4 and he has back pain and he tells me he wishes he was a bit shorter

• Yes, my max height is 6'3. I don't like supper tall guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • Is it possible for a guy to be too short? Is it possible for a girl to be too tall? Is it possible for a girl to be too short?

0|0
    0|0
  • Also depends on the height of the girl though. Taller girls will want taller guys

0|0
    0|0
    • True but I find that taller guys want shorter girls. I don't think I've ever had a guy try to date me who wasn't at least 6 ft. I actually have a really hard time finding a guy closer to my height.

• That’s true as well. I don’t think guys rlly look for 6 foot girls though. Quite a lot of guys aren’t even 6 foot

• I dated a guy well over 7 foot so no. Women will always be attracted to masculinity.

0|0
    0|0
  • There's a graph that shows 6'4 is the optimum and female interest goes way down after that

1|0
    0|0
  • I think yes... Eg for me if I'm at chest level he's too tall though I never had one of those.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it is possible for a man to be too tall.

0|0
    0|0
  • Anyone taller that 6'2 is out of kissing range.

0|0
    0|0
    • You can just sit down 🤣

• True, but sitting down the angle is so awkward. And If we stood he would turn into The Hunchback of Notre Dame. There is no winning with this one.

• Hmm, I've never really had a problem. I'm 2m tall and veen with girls around 1.55m. If we're talking about in private, don't bend down, pick them up instead 😁

• Im 6´6... game over for me!

0|0
    0|0
  • My boyfriend is 6'4 and i think he is perfect

0|0
    0|0
  • I like tall women.

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe it may be possible

0|0
    0|0