Agree or disagree, it's time for women to start approaching men if interested?

Ok so I've seen a lot of post with women and girls asking," do you think he likes me? Is he jealous? when will he ask me out?"

Honey either he likes you or he doesn't and that's for you to find out. Some men have the confidence to approach women and some have been shot down so many times that they're scared. so you're just gonna have to grab the bull by its horns and talk to the man 🤷‍♀️. No crime in it.Agree or disagree, it's time for women to start approaching men if interested?
  • I agree and here's why
    Vote A
  • I disagree and here's why
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Woo this is a hot topic 🔥🤘🤦🏼‍♀️😭 didn't expect this

1|1

Most Helpful Girls

• Agree- there is nothing wrong with approaching a guy you're into and flirting, chatting, or hell, asking him out!
    The problem seems to be in how to do it without coming off as desperate, needy, or getting friendzoned... you know, the same problem guys face when approaching a woman, LOL.

Yeah girls, we get friendzoned or rejected too, so be ready for that if you approach a guy...

I've approached a few guys before, and even been proactive enough to say how cute he is, strike up a conversation, or ask him out. So far... no luck!
    BUT... it's better than standing back wondering how he feels about me.

0|2
    0|0
    • It might mean something if it doesn’t work and no, it’s not about having bad luck ;) Women aren’t made to chase loll And you’re the proof that it doesn’t work

• Show All
    • @freakyzeaky Omg 😂😂😂 I couldn’t watch the entire video because his feminine voice is so annoying. Nice try tho

• There’s a fine line between approaching a guy and chasing him. It’s not in a woman’s DNA to chase. If a girl starts to chase a guy and initiates most of the time, the guy just isn’t that into her. It’s as simple as that.

0|0
    3|2
    • "Chasing" is not a DNA thing, women aren't animals that need to be hunted, that's just quite a stupid metaphor.

• Show All
    • @Cheetah23 and the others: you guys are hilarious! You should date each other.

• What are you talking about? you dont sound very experienced

Most Helpful Guys

• Back in the day women used to pick there man by throwing down their scarf for the gentleman to pick up. Once he did and walked over to give her the scarf back she would start a conversation. He would then tell all his buddies how it was his idea and how he picked her up when in fact it was the other way around and all her idea.

6|14
    0|0
    • Things were much more simple back in the day

• Show All
    • @rjroy3 Ahhh great story my friend! Love it.

• Haha! That might have worked if it were expected in this day and age. It isn't the norm though. Many young guys (and some older guys) are clueless when it comes to the signals (or lack of) that women give.

Or maybe... he just didn't like you that much...

• I prefer women who go after what they want, and truth to be told, I really have no inclination to start trying to figure out all these mixed signals and such for a woman who may or may not be interested in me, if a woman wants me, I prefer she come and get me.

1|1
    0|0
    • I agree and even when making friends with women it's confusing. like do you want to be my friend or do you wanna just gossip about me? that's why I prefer Male friends , its straight forward and less complicated

• Show All
    • Yeah, reading social cues comes with time and exposure, unless you are on the spectrum. I have ADD, so it is sometimes hard for me to focus, which can be annoying in social contexts, so I feel you.

Yeah man, you already seem to be in a good place.

I wasn't really directing my comment to you though -- it was just a general rant.

• No, it is alright, it was good advice.😊

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Regardless of gender, if you are interested, approach the person!

2|5
    1|0
  • The approach should not be gender specific but evolution and society has made it to be mostly unilateral.

The #METOO hype and the associated "awakening" has led that everyone mistrusts everybody. This is a very unfortunate consequence of certain number of men (not all) tailoring their approach a little too aggressively and being stamped "harassers or perverts"

As for girls, some feel the need to wait 10 years to report a guy that "harassed" them as teenagers. This puts them in an odd place and creates bad feelings and resentment.

Also, the law is finally reacting on sexual harassment and guys feel that this reaction is solely for the protection of girls. Wrong! A law is not gender discriminatory and there are quite a few guys that have been harassed by girls that could also report the person. The only thing is that a guy pressing charges against a girl will be stigmatized and stamped as "pussy or weak".

There is no girls or guys should make the first step. Of course, nobody likes being rejected but that is unfortunately part of the game, so to speak. Sadly, until now, guys have been mostly victims of rejection because again, society, custom and to a certain extend education hammered this way of thinking into our heads.

As I see it and to prevent harassment claims, all public places will need to have a little box prominently displayed, similar to one of those newspaper boxes, where you have a "initial approach and contact agreement" stipulating all rules and regulations for a safe initial contact. This contract will have to be approved by a notary.

Or, discos, dancings, pubs, bars and other places of social gathering will need to have a "approaching zone only" where people can be contacted without fearing to be a perv or harasser.

These 2 measures are of course illusory but it goes to show that our society can hardly cope with the changes in mentality.

So, girls don't automatically think that every guy that approaches you is necessarily a perv and guys, please, tailor your approach in such a way that girls don't have to think that way.

And yes, denial and rejection will still be an issue that will remain till you are old and wise but winners never give up trying.

0|1
    0|0
    • Very good & thoughtful answer.

• Show All
    • @Ben228 and I was not trying to harass you in any way! That was not my standard, notary approved and sealed way of course. It is just that it is still night in this part of the world ;-)

• I didn't feel harassed, but I feel sorry for keeping you awake.

• I have to say I highly disagree. I disagree simply because of the fact that a lot of women today do not know what they want, you need and what it means to really being a woman as well as what to look for in a man. They just go after men that they don't even really know, they have no desire to try and be friends first, they like to rush into things in like to make them man rush into stuff but at the same time become Hypocrites when she is not reading but he is. Unless you have common sense and know what it is that you really need and want in a man don't just go out to just end it in every single man just because he's attractive. There's nothing wrong with trying to get to know a person but is wrong when you just trying to do it at a competition and trying to prove something to somebody. The solution is not for women to start approaching men more. The solution is stop assuming and looking for body language as signs instead of using a mouth to communicate. We need more communication verbally and we need to start having more of the talk when we are looking to have a relationship with somebody. They need to learn to strengthen and cultivate the relationships they have right now, instead of trying to make new ones and still can't take care of the ones that they have already and end up losing them. Learn to maintain instead of trying to gain and lose.

0|1
    1|3
    • a lot of men don't what they want...

But somehow men are fucking pussies for not having clear guidance and possibly feeling nervous.

• Show All
    • Exactly...

Who approaches doesn't matter, but you're saying woman should NOT approach? It's a power game to you. Like you said it's the person who approaches fault if it doesn't work out.

You're concerned with assigning blame.

• you're saying "yo do what you want to do" but if a girl wants to approach you're gonna make fun of her behind her back? You're a wretched cunt.

• yes I think they should approach, no I don't think it works that well. women don't handle rejection well... although I've always been accepting.

This gets into attraction and how it works and I think it is best if the guy goes for who he is attracted to.

1|1
    0|0
    • but guys can also get rejected and some dont handle rejection. So you think guys handle rejection much better tan women?

• @kitty71 good point. Some guys who are in a good place mentally can handle it... such as continue pursuing and win (in some way), or not be taken down emotionally by it. Guys take a lot of rejection over time.. some learn to handle it. I find women will try and then give up quickly. Being more emotional I think they can't handle the negative emotion. if the guy doesn't respond they bail fast. If guys did this, there would be 1/2 population of the planet.

• There is no reason women or men can't just be friendly and strike up a conversation. It is like people at some level think that "approaching" means going on the hunt and asking point blank "would you go out on a date with me?" or "do you want to come back to my place and bang?"

If you are are interested in a guy and are attracted, there is no reason to not smile, say hi, make a comment, and start a conversation with him. The whole goal is just to find out who he is and vice versa. If you still expect him to suggest a meetup, a date, or even a fling later that night, that is understandable. But it is also fine if you want to make the first move by suggesting it yourself if he seems like he is safe and would be receptive to it. It is wildly sexy when a woman knows what she wants and will go for it, just as it is wildly sexy for a woman to be the one to start flirting and take the conversation in that direction. What makes it any different than when a man does it? Men want to feel desired too you know.

I think it is pretty easy to tell whether a guy is not open to a woman making the first move. If you start turning on the sexual energy and flirt and he starts to put his defenses up, well immediately you will know that he is turned off by an assertive woman. Is that who you want anyway?

And no, men are not weak for not approaching women. The guys who tend to approach women do it frequently and treat it like a numbers game. You are just one of many. How is that supposed to make you feel special? If he isn't discerning in who he is interested in, then what does that tell you? Chances are, he just wants to use your body and has no interest in being stimulated by your mind.

You want that one night stand to be worth it? Find a guy who just wants to get to know you first, see if you click on a deeper level, because good sex has a mental component to it. Guys who just want to get physical will not take the time to warm you up. It might end up being the most dissapointing 10 minutes of your life because he gives no f**cks about whether you get off.

That friendly guy, the one you decided to chat up because you decided to be friendly, that guy is probably going to be the one who respects you enough to let you play an active role in the way things turn out. He is willing to just see where things go rather than force things to go how he wants it to go without considering you. That isn't to say friendly guys don't approach. That isn't true. However, the friendly guy is the type to sit next to you at the bar and strike a friendly convo, not the guy scanning the scene for the next hot lay like a lion in heat.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hell yes, glad to finally hear a woman say this. It’s a lot of pressure to be expected to always be the one to initiate flirting. Especially when your attracted to a woman who always seems to be walking around with her friends. Then if you want to talk to her you half to announce it to five other people as well as her. Please ladies help a guy out and make the first move every now and then.

0|2
    0|0
  • Agreed! It can be at least both! If a girl likes a man it's up to her to make it happen. Just flirt with him and see where it goes. I mean before it was totally about the looks and can't you tell she is into you go talk to her but honestly, men are not always that smart, sometimes they need to be hit over the head with a frying pan to know you are there

2|0
    0|0
  • I definitely AGREE because with my boyfriend, I ask him out twice, I knew he was partly interested when I asked him out and I was crazy about him from the day i met him, I asked the right questions first and then holding onto the fact that I might get rejected I askdd him out, I knew what I wanted and I went for it.

0|3
    0|0
  • I would be all for it. Definitely would help with the anxiety factor on the man's side and could be a booster in confidence if it's a good looking woman do it. I see it as a way of everyone winning and not having to worry about possible backlash because of the #metoo shit.

0|1
    0|0
  • Many guys are busy in their own life playing video games and are not out and about much. They also know that women are hit in all the time by a small segment of males that just knock on every door until one opens so rejection can be an automatic response. Then there is being called a creep, creeper, etc.

If women seek out guys they will find what they are looking for quicker rather than waiting around. Times have changed, change with them if you want a good guy.

1|2
    1|0
    • If a guy still plays video games, then he’s not a man and definitely not ready to date a woman lol

• @Somebodyelse2018 many, many do play video games. No TV, few movies, but online yes. They fly to other cities to hang out with their online friends. I see it as my sons are in that culture which seem pervasive. These guys are highly educated, well compensated and this is their online culture.

• Disagree because it isn't natural, men and women are different. A woman can approach a man but she has to do it on her own not because some cultural Marxist thinks he can engineer society to redistribute social power. It won't work now any more than it did in the Soviet Union. It will fail and you'll see it fail right in front of your eyes.

1|0
    3|2
    • no ones saying that you fucking retard

• Show All
    • @Armourdillo Damn , Jordan Peterson's book even. So, your even familiar with where I'm coming from and the general political climate and you can't see the correlation between Marxist redistribution of financial power and cultural Marxist redistribution of social power? Amazing you got this far.

• I agree 100%! People don’t know how to date anymore lmao

• I agree because I find it unfair to have this responsibility as a guy with lots of feminists being out their calling for equal rights. Times change, with women being equal to men I see no reason for men to be obligated to approach girls.

1|2
    0|0
    • Then you’re juste a beta male and it suits you to not act like a real mal. Man up

• Show All
    • @Somebodyelse2018 Not enough for you maybe. If that were the case, then the human race would be doomed. lol.

• @Somebodyelse2018 You can't tell me how I have to behave to he a "real man", men are men no matter what they do, and calling people beta males is a poor excuse for some men behaving more like apes than the civilised people they are supposed to be. Your view on the world is apparently pretty outdated and old-fashioned. Yes I'm just 17 but I'm happy with who I am and I don't want to "man-up" just so people I don't agree with can't tell me that I'm apparently not really male which I obviously am. If being friendly and open is not enough for guys then it's not enough for girls either.

• I agree. I think everyone should be proactive in life in seeking a partner (as well as everything else in life like career, school), because YOU are putting your life into your own hands instead of waiting for life to happen to you. And more likely than not, you will not be satisfied if you wait for things VS taking responsibility and going for it yourself

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree. It's selfish to think that men are "supposed" to do it. Women are not prizes. If you like someone, go try to approach them. I've done it before and I'd do it again. I've seen women use the "I won't do it because what if they don't like me?" excuse, but men go through the same thing.

0|2
    0|0
    • What’s selfish about being a lady and acting like a lady? Yes, women are the prize and yes it’s a man’s job to pursue a woman he likes. You were taught wrong

• Show All
    • @Cheetah23 Very true. Different strokes for different folks. I am just saying that putting some effort in goes a long way. A guy can't expect to just stand around and be approached by women if he puts in little to no effort to present himself in the best possible light. I think this is also why women don't feel so attractive when they are in sweats and a tank top in the grocery store, and yet, when they are all styled up for a night out, they feel much more open to the possibility of attracting a partner.

Not only does putting in the effort make you more presentable, but it also boosts your confidence. I think that is the main goal really.

But as you pointed out, some guys are confident regardless or perhaps he is shy and the woman that does approach him likes the mystery and endearing qualities of a shy or reserved man.

• @freakyzeaky ahhh yeahhh, I definitely get what you're saying now. Very truee, plus a little effort hasn't hurt nobody👌

• You have to ask yourself if you're willing to have the potential love of your life walk away because you were waiting for him to approach you. Of course you should approach a guy if you are interested.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yeah sure but its not like they need to most girls got a line of thirsty men running after them

1|1
    0|0
    • True but I dont think it's fair to men

• Show All
    • you are 15 stupid and programmed

lol
      you have no idea what's going on

• @tearout 😭😭 damn🤦🏼‍♀️

• I think it would be a good idea because women would get an idea as to what is guys go through. I'm so sick and tired of being rejected or finding out that the woman is in a relationship right before I'm about to ask her on a date.

0|1
    0|0
  • If I'm not at work I'm focused on my book and oblivious to the intentions of women. I can't tell the difference if a woman is being flirtatious or friendly. And the few times I have approached women, I find out that they're either already dating someone or their married.

So if a single woman were in fact interested in me, I probably wouldn't have a clue, so it would be great if women would start approaching men for a change.

1|0
    0|0
  • I personally want my woman to feel beautiful so if I initiate contact she will ultimately feel like I am always going to be attracted to her because it was me that reached out to her she is less likely to question my level of attraction #runonsentence

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it matters. Girls shouldn't be obligated to ALWAYS approach and Guys shouldn't either. It should be both ways and if someone is interested in someone else then just approach them!! I've always apprached people i like and even tho it didn't always turn out as expected, at least i can say i tried😂

0|1
    0|0
    • I mean like you say, if you like someone you should approach them, no point in waiting to find out. 🤣

• Yeah i was straight up with my crush and he doesn't like me as far as ik but he was really nice about it regardless. I was freaking out for no reason

• That’s awesome. Look at you putting women twice your age to shame. 😂

• Yes I agree, I’ve always agreed on this and even tried but I just do not have the confidence. I admire their confidence.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, the dating scene is a very complicated environment and feminists have made the task harder for men (fake accusations of rape or sexual assault or harassment, seeing every men as sexist pigs...). Approaching guys would make it easier for everyone.

0|2
    0|0
  • My opinion on why is that it's expected for guys to ALWAYS go after the girls. We risk getting heartbroken a lot. Sometimes we get lucky. And even if you are 99.999% sure they will say yes, we are still nervous we may hear no. We hear it a lot. It's 2019, I think it's time females face the music

0|2
    0|0
    • Yeah, but that's still one of the problems I had with modern women's liberation movements, it was flawed from the start in a way that after they successfully gained their rights, the issues of men still remained under their noses for decades until now.

• it won't matter either way no point
    cause unless the guy is a 9 she won't approach
    and most guys are average

start at 1 min it;s all there for everyone to see
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vqRbScCIPU

0|1
    0|0
    • This isn't true because i'm a 2 at best and women approach me at least every other time i go out.

• Show All
    • i'm not a millionaire yet or anything if that's what you mean. And i'm kind of thrifty so i definitely don't think i give off that air.

• @ChiTown33

do you have money
      do you have a home
      do you have something she can use

then that is why she is with you

• Start? Women started a long time ago. Hell, I'll go as far as to say that women in their subtle way often approach men first as a form of invitation for the man to make the perceived first a move, so to speak. Some women are just more overt than covert when approaching men.

0|0
    0|0
  • I always found it pretty dumb how it's often seen as that a guy should approach a girl. If you're into him, talk to him... or just don't and waste the opportunity, your decision.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've always been a traditionalist in these matters but with all this #me too nonsense this looks like the only way girls will get to date. And the benefits for ladies are obvious. Instead of waiting to be approached by jerks you can start actively pursuing these nice guys (not "nice guys") that you say you prefer.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most guys wouldn't mind being approached, but it's really women who don't want, in majority. Simply because they don't want to do the work, nor they want to do what they consider to be a guy duty.
    They want the men to make the first move, to seduce them, and when dating, to do everything for them.

Approaching men would mean, for them, that they'll now have to do all of this instead of just waiting for everything to just be dropped at their feet.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's time people started removing all these misandristic old traditions anyway.

Both genders can approach.
    If you want something, go get it, don't wait for someone to give it to you.

If someone asks you out and you accept that's your consent to at least splitting the bill.
    Don't want to pay, tough you'll have to refuse the date.

0|0
    3|0
    • If a guys asks me out and then split the check, he won’t get a second date + at best, he’ll be in the Friendzone. That’s a cheap move to ask a girl out and then split the bill. Even when I ask a friend out or someone from my family and it’s clear that I invite them, I pay.

• Show All
    • @Guanfei & the other 😂 omg You’re the reason why girls put you in the friendzone and consider you beta males. Goshh split the bill, but then don’t complain afterwards + stop judging girls who slept with as many people as you. Double standards still exist and you’re dumb to think that we are ‘equal’ in the dating. We’re just too different for biological reasons. Keep that mindset and you’ll be divorced in less than 10 years. Women lose respect for guys who can’t take their role (paying for a date is a masculine move). I won’t expect my future husband to pay for everything in the marriage: we’ll both contribute financially to our projects. But we’re talking about dating: the phase where YOU have to prove that you are a great candidate for a long term relationship. Women prove it differently (them not spreading their legs for any guy is a good sign that they’re relationship material). Most guys I know don’t want to date/marry a hoe (hoe= high body count) while girls usually don’t really care about a guy’s past. That’s just how it is. Good luck trying to fight what has been established since forver.

• @Somebodyelse2018 Bla bla bla "pay for everything and be a good servant". Good luck finding a slave who will be patient enough to put up with you shitty attitude.

• I think they should. It just will increase the chance that you will click. Maybe he is interested but doesn't think you are, but doesn't know if you don't say. Maybe he's not sure but if you say he will give it a chance.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, you know that meetoo moment can ruin one's life so , please approach if possible haha , but sometimes it is annoying to be honest

1|1
    0|1
  • Fully agree. Call it equality. Of course young men are becoming herbivores in the States.

It’s really an eventuality.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care and here is why:
    In most cases women are the one to choose the partner, doesn't matter if she or the guy initiate.

I look at it like this: Does the Sperm make it's way to the Egg or the other way around?

0|0
    0|0
  • I love approaching guys especially if they are the cute quiet type it makes me feel super sexy 😛

1|4
    0|0
  • Yes! Women have just as much right to approach men to do anything from casual talk to marriage proposal! Some guys are too shy to talk first because they admire her so much. If she can see that and is interested, problem solved!

0|0
    0|0
  • Agreed and I do approach men. I don’t see anything wrong with letting a guy know you’re interested.

0|1
    0|0
  • I agree. I’m shy as hell and spent all of last semester trying to figure out how I would approach this girl, but never got around to it. This semester I spoke with her for a good 15 minutes, which is kind of a little victory for me.

0|0
    0|0
    • If I were approached by a woman, being in a relationship would be a bit easier for me.

• I see no reason why women shouldn't approach men. If you're interested in any way just do it. The same goes for guys.

1|0
    1|0
  • Men are nervous to approach women out of fear of accusations of harassment, so if you're interested, approach him.

0|4
    0|0
  • I think before too long a lot of women will have no choice but to approach.

1|2
    0|0
  • Amen, it turns me on if a girl has the guts to ask. I know a lot of girls want to they’re just downright scared to, I don’t see how just asking makes a girl look “desperate” either.

1|0
    0|0
  • Women should approach men. The population of men has become more shy due to women becoming stronger and men getting weaker. This should entice women to initiate.

1|1
    1|0
  • sum of us guys are shy as hell and was never taught how to approach a girl i am one of them i dont stand a chance due to my age but i see a lot of couples at my work and makes me feel like i will never get a girl cuz iam to nice

0|0
    0|0
  • This shouldn't be a question, it should be something everybody should live for. If you want something, don't wait, go get it. This applies to women approaching men they like.

0|0
    0|0
  • They don’t have to but at least make it available for them to. This is the best way to be the independent women they always wanted to be and on top of that, they learn to deal with rejection.

0|0
    0|0
  • If both men and women shared the approach and asking part mutually, it would probably fix the conflicts between the genders.

0|2
    0|0
  • more than likely, this burden will forever remain one-sided, I call it burden because of how one-sided it is

0|3
    0|0
  • Yes in so many ways people seem to be more sexually liberated as of late. Brings me back to the 70's when women were much more aggresive. So definitely yes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Pfff if women did this. There would me more babies being made... ok that’s the extreme lol but you know what I mean

0|0
    0|0
  • Completely agree. If you want to talk to them and see if you click, don't just say "Oh but he's not approaching me, so I shouldn't."

1|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes