In your experience, what do you think is really going on when someone REJECTS you after approaching them?

Rejected
Rejected
  • The person rejecting you is doing so because of your looks, what you said, height, etc etc
    Vote A
  • The person rejecting you is in their own head space and it has nothing to do with you.
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I think it can be many reasons, but one simply never knows for certain.

Once I wrote a note to a guy telling him how I felt towards him. He seemed happy and excited, hugged me & kissed me on the forehead, asked for my number to set a day to meet. He never called me! Actually he did but after two years! 😄😄
    I will never know if he was ever interested, if he rejected me but regardless of that I think if one gets rejected it could be because there is nothing in common between the two, sometimes race difference, sometimes is religion, sometimes is the looks... the reasons can be endless! 🤷🏻‍♀️

0|1
    0|0
  • Every action a person makes or doesn't make is in direct relation to whats going on in their own reality.

2|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Whenever I get rejected I don't really read into it too much because it could be anything, bottom line is just for whatever reason they aren't interested in me at the time you approach them, realistically it could be one of the two. That being said generally when girls do reject me it's mostly to do with their personal circumstances that have nothing to do with me.

0|1
    1|0
  • Usually, it is due to their own internal reaction. Women have multiple defense shields to filter guys out. Hit any of them, and you go down. You have to navigate through it.
    I've had times they shoot me down on height, and that's somewhat legit, but if had given me a chance, I suspect not an issue.

1|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Usually when a guy rejects me I assume:
    1. I didn't put out fast enough for him and he lost interest (mostly this!!!)
    2. He found someone more attractive or his type
    3. He just lost interest in me
    4. I'm too intimidating/headstrong for them (so personality)
    5. I don't come off as feminine enough for them
    6. Or a combination of all the above

2|2
    0|0
    • I think what he is asking is why do you believe someone is rejecting you when you 'first' someone... as in the first time. Not when already dating/involved.

• Show All
    • That wouldn't bother me. When sex is used as a weapon... that is a kick to the curb offense.

• Well that's so reassuring to know there are guys out there that don't expect or want women to put out right away!!!
      Thanks guys. That gives me hope~

• I don't like rejecting a person that approaches me, since I think it takes some courage and effort. Yet when I've done it, it has been so "awkward" and "Upfront" that I've felt invaded and in a way exhausted. I'm an introvert person and value a lot being calmed, so if a guy approaches me "out of nowhere" I don't feel confortable. One of the times I did it was because of this reason. The other time the guy was "approaching me" because I had nice feet? That's just weird.

2|2
    0|0
  • Definitely their appearance and the way you approached.

1|1
    0|0
    • Girls are very visual and very intuitive as well. Js

• Show All
    • To be 100% honest, no. Unless I have a boyfriend and we’re official. If I get approached by a handsome tall charming guy the whole “I don’t wanna be bothered” excuse goes out the window. But I would *not* go home with him immediately unless I’m really horny or whatever.

• Okay thanks for the comments!

• It depends. I reject a person because they approached me. I don't date somebody I was not friends with first and don't know. My criteria: NEVER DATE strangers. I would have to get to know that person for a year or so first. But 9/10x it's mainly about looks with the other person. Other than that, what to expect? It's only natural to reject people you don't know or want to know.

0|0
    1|0
  • I said A, but mostly just because I’m self conscious. People have told me I need to be more confident, and that it’s more likely because of B (something in their life rather than me), but it still feels like A to me.

0|1
    0|0
  • they find you unattractive. that's it. yeah sometimes they just wanna be single at the moment or they're taken but mostly it's the lack of attraction.

0|1
    0|0
    • Do you feel bad after getting rejected?

• Show All
    • I would know that before being very invested xD I wouldn't be emotionally invested if I didn't know stuff about her.

• Thanks for the comments.

• 1. they are not interested
    2. they have a partner
    3. they are not ready
    many reasons we would not know...

0|2
    0|0
  • Once A girl smiled at me when i look her eyes. I thought she might be interested so i talked to her. She barely listened to me and avoided me. I was ashamed. After that I will feel an earthquake in my heart when iam out to ask out girls.
    Women like this will kill chances of a lot.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never had to face this problem

0|1
    0|0
  • The person rejecting you is doing so because of your looks, what you said, height, etc etc

0|1
    0|0
    • Is it possible they could just have a boyfriend, married, not interested in being approached at that time? I guess if you are in a night club you could assume this for sure. I am sure the environment has much to do with it.

• Out of the women who have rejected me, only a few were in relationships or mentioned them. I am unattractive and know i am.

• 75% because of my looks, 25% because of my personality. Although I'm not taking blame for the second one as literally every time that happens, it's because they misinterpreted the things that I said. Once a girl thinks a certain way about you, it's pointless to try to change her mind.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would think that there is something wrong with me look wise or personalitybwise

2|1
    0|0
  • I chose A but that's only because there isn't an option C: They're already in a relationship. This was about dating right?

0|0
    0|0
  • I try not to think about that, I think it's unhealthy.

I just put the idea in my mind that it's not meant to be and I just dodged a bullet, so I move on with my head held high

0|0
    0|0
  • Either my looks or the first impression she got of me.

0|1
    0|0
  • I voted A, but they also are probably just not interested.

0|1
    0|0
  • They make already have a partner and may think your hitting on them or they just don’t want to be bothered by you in general.

0|0
    0|0
  • Appearance is a dominant factor so most of the time it's the looks.

0|0
    0|0
  • It could be anything.
    Most of the times it's what's going on in their heads not really you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not their type which is fine. Not everyone is going to like you I don't care who you are.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't know, don't care. If she doesn't want to join me on the journey, that is her prerogative.

0|0
    0|0
  • It can any of the 2...

0|2
    0|0
  • Because I'm not their type

1|1
    0|0
  • It’s all about looks, never been rejected tho

0|1
    0|0
  • Could be any reason for rejection

0|1
    0|0
  • Definitely A.

0|0
    0|0
  • You forgot don't care.

0|0
    0|0
  • She had a bad experience with someone looking like me.

0|0
    0|0
  • The person purely doesn’t have interest in me

0|0
    0|0
  • Whatever is going on (even though it is usually A), nobody has the right to blame ones physical appearance. As long as the rejection is mature and friendly, I have no problem.
    There are so many immature girls being mean to friendly approachers. I mean, who are you? A goddess?

0|0
    0|0
  • That i misread signs. Or that they're just F***ed in the head and therefore send conflicting signs. It does you no good to blame yourself in any way. They're just a person same as you nothing about them makes them too good for you.
    And if you're a person who has any value in themself at all you're improving yourself each day if that person can't identify that he/she's not very smart and doesn't deserve you and did you a favor by rejecting you.

1|2
    0|0
  • I’d reject him if he felt arrogant or creepy (not necessarily awkward - he can be awkward and still give a good impression) and if he was fat, smelly, and had bad hygiene

0|1
    0|1

Recommended myTakes