Would you ever date a High School Ex?

Would you ever date a High School Ex?So you run in to an ex from high school ten years later, they look great and they have the same personality that attracted you to them in the first place.

Would you consider asking them out even if the first relationship didn’t end well?
  • Yes (Please explain)
    Vote A
  • Yes, but only if I ended the relationship.
    Vote B
  • No (Please explain)
    Vote C
  • No way in hell! All my exs were horrible people.
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Maybe if the reason we broke up was age-related. Like, I once broke up with a guy because I was insecure. He was fourteen, good looking, very flirty, and had a lot of trouble with keeping his eyes in his head, if you know what I mean. I wasn't able to handle that, plus, being long distance at age 13. I let fear, and some comments get to me. I'm much more mature about it now. But I wasn't at that age. I have no hard feelings about him now, and might consider it if I still liked him; but maybe not if it wasn't an age related thing, if that makes sense.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I wouldn't. They treated me like trash but I was too naive to notice it then. I doubt anything has changed.

0|0
    0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• This depends on how old you are. If you just got out of HS maybe not but if it's 25 years later and the both of you are now two different people then sure why not! It really does depend on where you are at in life. You certainly don't want to date the same person you broke up with in HS do you? Hopefully YOU and THEY have changed for the better.

1|0
    0|1
  • I didn't date in high school because I have lacking social skills and my self esteem was really low at that time. However, if the woman who I had a crush on through most of high school was to become single, I would definitely date her.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• People grow up. I mean obviously, things depend, situationally, but you'd always wonder if you didn't try it out again. Try it out again. If it's a failure, at least then you'll know for sure, you'd have tried twice, and you'll have no regrets

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on: why we broke up in the first place, and how mature he is now.
    People can change over time, but if the breakup was caused by something stupid like cheating, or he dumped me? Probably not. But if he seems like he's changed for the better and he's single, I wouldn't mind asking him out and seeing what happens

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would, we are both older and more mature and intelligent then we were in school.

1|0
    0|1
  • Yes... one particular individual and why... we did not cease because of us having problems. Her parents divorced and moved her away. It ended our relationship. Frankly, most of my 'exes' from 21 and prior ended due to moves. Bitter sweet goodbyes a plenty.

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe. I dated one gal who wanted to marry young and chose a guy who would. Years later, if that had not worked out, I would have dated her. But then, later, she cheated on him and ran off to who knows where. Completely changed. Luck I did not. There were a couple of others I have wondered about and would have been willing to date.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as he's able to keep up with me now. Or he's more comfortable with having an open or poly relationship. Lol

1|0
    0|0
  • My sister and my brother in law were former classmates from high school. They had their own personal lives atter high school and they met again much years later and they fall in love and now they are married like for 11 years now.

1|0
    0|0
  • I never had a relationship in high school so I’d have to go with no on this one 😂 even if I did though, I don’t think I’d date them again. It didn’t work out for a reason.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've meet few months age my exfrom when we were 16 y old now we are 24
    She sudenly has huge crush on me again i know it from her friend and im taken so we got a problem here
    Im not gonna date her again

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't date in high school but if I met my old high school crush would I date her? Probably not. Not really salty about her anymore but looking back she probably isn't the type of girl I'd go for today.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. An ex is an ex for a REASON. Leave them in the past where they belong and stop trying to live in the past.

0|0
    0|0
  • hard question, i think maybe i would and by the way i ended relationship so i guess i have more chance xd. by the way she is hotter then before.

1|0
    0|1
  • Oh GODS no. Those bitches are all AT LEAST 37 by now. Ugh, gross, hell no.

And I don't get back with ex's. They are ex's FOR. A. REASON.

1|0
    0|1
  • Date? Probably not. Looking back she was pretty toxic. However I would love to have at least another night with her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope! We broke up because of him lying that he wasn't cheating for some time, and then he got caught cheating.

0|0
    0|0
  • exs are exs for a reason. I dont try to work on things that never worked out in the past

0|0
    1|0
  • It would depend upon which one cause for me there is only one that I would say yes to ever again.

1|0
    0|1
  • No. If I ended things with him then I had a reason.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah because I’m married.

If I were single... I don't know, maybe.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes because I am forgiving and I give second chances.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Graduated 4 years ago and before I left high school my ex cheated on me and now she has a kid. No thanks.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think getting back with exes is a good idea in most situations, people rarely change in the way you want or expect them to.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people do this. Some even get married some 3-4 decades later. Yuck.

0|0
    0|0
  • no I am a completely different person if we didn't click then we won't click now

0|0
    0|0
  • To much time has passed I'm afraid she's used goods by now

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell no. Looking back at it, we were very immature.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, never a girlfriend through school, just a friends with benefits near the end of my school life

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't even date in high school let alone have an ex.

0|0
    0|0
  • Date? maybe
    Fuck? Yes
    Relationship? No
    Hotel? Trivago

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure I would so long as the relationship didn't end because they cheated or something like that.

0|0
    0|0
    • What do you mean by "some thing like that"?

• I had a very controlling boyfriend in high school and an abusive one the summer after I graduated.

• Thanks for explaining and I'm sorry that happened to you.

• Yes please., so much unsaid things. 😢

1|0
    0|1
  • Gotta move on , not going backwards.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, but I have dated girls I knew in hs.

0|0
    0|0
  • nah not for me lad

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh fuck no
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

0|0
    0|0
  • I never has a boyfriend in high school

0|0
    0|0
  • Hahaha no way

0|0
    0|0
  • the shorty was so amn sexy

0|0
    0|0
  • There were two high school exes. On broke up with me. Many months later she wanted me back, but I had moved on and was no longer interested. I wasn't angry with her, just no longer interested. The other high school girl I married.

0|0
    0|0
  • *another option: I don’t have a high school ex

0|0
    1|0
  • I no longer find my ex from high school attractive. He used to have an athletic build, but has since gained nearly 50 lbs and has a receding hairline that he tries to cover with a combover. Plus, I dumped him for having an insecure/controlling personality back then, so I can only imagine how much more controlling or insecure he would be now.

0|0
    0|0
  • My favorite are the women who turned me down in high school coming back to me a decade later when they are a single mother, and they think I've been waiting for them that whole time. Nope!

0|1
    0|1
    • But would you date an Ex?

• Show All
    • Thanks for clarifying that, would you go out with someone you broke up with you?

• Nope

Recommended myTakes