How long do you wait until you say "i love you" to a partner?

How long do you wait until you say

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Depends how long I've known them. I liked a close friend for almost three years and can honestly say I loved him (still do, though not romantically now), so if we had dated, I'd have been fine saying it from the beginning of the relationship. If it's a guy I've only known for a few months, I'd wait until I know him well and there's the same level of trust that best friends have.

1|0
    0|0
  • Until I am sure about my feelings. Took me slightly over a year into the relationship with my boyfriend. I was the first to say it

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I don't feel comfortable saying it until we've been in a relationship for a while. If I had to put a time frame on it, I'd say 8 months - a year. I find it extremely hard to say, even if I do truly love someone. I think it's because I don't express my true emotions enough to have that vulnerability be lessened

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I wait until I feel like I am in love with them. I don't want to lie and say it too early. I don't want to play games and not say it just because my SO hasn't said it first, that is immature. The day or moment I feel like I am in love with them, that is when I want to say it.

2|0
    0|0
  • We were friends for 6 months, but liked each other during that time period. Once we started dating he said it within a month. I said it a week after he said it.
    I didn't put a time frame on anything, just said it once it felt right.

1|0
    0|0
  • Until I feel comfortable saying. I might love them but still don't feel like pouring my heart out, so I do it until I trust that my heart won't get broken straight away. ;D

1|0
    0|0
  • Whenever I feel that I love them? Obvs if it's too soon I'll hold back but it'll always be an in the moment thing.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wait until I actually feel it... even if he says it first.
    Nothing is worse than say it back just to be polite after all, love is not about etiquette.

1|0
    0|0
  • I never said it first but with all three girls I've dated, they said they loved me before we even dated. I just wait because I don't want to be foolish.

1|0
    0|0
  • Until I actually feel it. Doesn't matter to me how long or short a time is.

1|0
    0|0
  • At first sight

1|0
    0|0
  • I have no clue, but if I had to guess, a year after we started dating.

1|0
    0|0
  • I really don't know, I really want to be in relationship but it's a taboo in my country

1|0
    0|0
  • When I'm certain about my feelings and believe it's the right time

1|0
    0|0
  • I dont think it matter dont be the guy from how I met you mother and say it on the first date.

1|0
    0|0
  • At least a few minutes. I don't want to be the creepy guy that reveals his emotions too quickly.

1|0
    0|0
  • When I declared myself I said it, so it was since day one ahahaha

1|0
    0|0
  • until it feels right...

1|2
    0|0
  • I wait until it's true.

1|0
    0|0
  • I say it when I feel it

1|0
    0|0
  • When you know it's not just a passing feeling

1|0
    0|0
  • Right away probs, i don't really know tbh.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know, until i feel love for them?

1|0
    0|0
  • About 4 to ,6 months

1|0
    0|0
  • My second wife,, second date !!!

1|0
    0|0
  • When you know it's true

1|1
    0|0
  • Whenever I feel it

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't know. I've never been in love

1|0
    0|0
  • When you know

1|0
    0|0
  • Until he says first

1|0
    0|1
  • When you’re ready is the only answer to this.

Me personally, I’ve only said it once. It took me about six months to actually physically say, even though I felt it much earlier.

1|1
    0|0
  • Don’t think a girl could ever get me to say this cause I’m sitting there waiting for her to screw me over

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't ever say it. Because I don't ever mean if. I have bodies I. My basement though 🤓🤓😚

1|0
    0|0
  • When I feel it. I was broken up with once because I didn't want to lie and say it early.

1|1
    0|0
  • Don't know i never have yet. I don't say things i don't mean.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes