Why would/ do people rush into relationships without really getting to know one another?

What's the big rush?
What's the big rush?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it might be because they have some kind of motive. Of course they aren’t going to tell the other person... but it’s actually a dangerous situation because they won’t stop or “cut you off” or “drop you” until they get what they want. That’s just a selfish part of people.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Because they are idiots who have learned everything they know about relationships from bad Romantic Comedies, where everything turns out alright despite all of their bad decisions.

0|1
    0|0
    • People actually believe that mutual attraction is enough to build a relationship, when it is at best half of the battle - the other half being COMPATIBILITY.

• Well, the ultimate purpose of being in a relationship is to get to know the other person. What do you mean by rushing?
    I personally don't understand why people choose to date for months and still think they aren't in a relationship. Being exclusive is how you get to know a person because you invest so much time and energy into the relationship you have with this other person.

0|2
    0|1
  • Many reasons. They could be lonely , could be looking for a rebound or could just have a really intense crush on that person. People are weird.

1|0
    0|0
  • Men are desperate for sex while women are desperate for validation and attention.

4|1
    0|0
    • I personally want safe, regular sex🤷.

• @Tracey426 Same here. I have just noticed a trend of people jumping from one realtionship to the next, even to the point of meeting people online and moving people them into their house without meeting them in person first. I know several women that have done this just in the last couple of years.

• because that's the hollywood/disney narrative. you should be in a relationship or else you're not worth shit as a human being.

2|1
    0|0
  • Desperately looking for validation or companionship.

2|0
    0|0
  • so that they can come on here a few months later and play the victim?

1|2
    1|0
    • how on earth did this warrent a downvote? haven't you seen any of that thing called reality?

• Why not its like going to a country that you dont know the language it could be the best part of you life or the apolla rocket of relationships and explode and screw you over money for decades in seconds.

0|0
    0|0
  • I imagine that most people do that kind of thing because they don't really have anything else going on. They just figure that they are bored, the other person is willing, so why not?

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes you just get an intense crush 😂 there was a girl like that. After seeing her only once I was like wow, I really like you lol even without knowing anything about each other,

0|0
    0|0
  • They are not thinking clearly but rather going with their emotions

1|2
    0|0
  • For the same reason they rush into sex without getting to know eachother: desperation

0|0
    0|0
  • Because there is not that much shit to know about each-other. Humans are simple and pretty similar. If they can be happy for a while who gives a shit?

0|0
    0|0
  • 1. Infatuation.
    2. Lust.
    3. Stupidity.
    4. Loneliness.
    5. Advancing age or illness---having one is a "bucket list" item.

0|1
    1|0
  • I know that's just ridiculous and they find themselves divorced

0|0
    0|0
  • In this day and age its the sexaul attraction or lust factor!

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's more the influence of friends and seeing how they are inpacted by their other.

0|0
    0|0
  • because they are stupid

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know. I'm tired.

2|1
    0|0
  • Because people are stupid

2|0
    0|0
  • Emotional drought or raging hormones

1|0
    0|0
  • they are so horny they can't stop themselves

1|0
    0|0
  • Cause they are dumbfucked by feelings

0|1
    0|0
  • Cause there desperate.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nature's calling

1|0
    0|0
  • Desperate to be in a relationship

0|1
    0|0
    • Hi Rubified! Sorry to bother you. Could you please give an opinion on the question I posted?

• It always ends up in heartbreak

0|0
    0|0
  • For Sex For many or Some Thing. Like This.

0|0
    0|0
  • Really? I thought its the opposite nowadays.. With hookups, friends with benefits, fuckbuddy etc. as a way to avoid commitment and being in a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Scared to be alone, or get wrapped up in the initial excitement of a new relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • Infatuation probably

0|0
    0|0
  • Because their need to be in a relationship is more important than the actual human being they are trying to get with. Quite pathetic if you ask me

3|2
    0|0
  • I think its bc people maybe scared of wasting time. For example ; people like me cannot like 2 people at the same time. So I rush into being exclusive within 3 months else I just give up

0|1
    0|1

Recommended myTakes