Would you date someone who suffered from a mental illness?

#wowgirl30p#wowgirlRocks#gag
#wowgirl30p#wowgirlRocks#gag

1|2

Most Helpful Guys

• Always love those pics! I think everyone has something to an extent but its more visible and problematic in some. I think it depends on what it was, but I think it is fair to say that only one person should struggle with it in a relationship or at least one kind. Its the idea you can't save two people that are drowning. You need to be a support for each other when possible.

4|0
    0|0
  • It depends what mental illness and the severity of it

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I would if they had good morals and were intelligent enough to make rational decisions and were capable of being responsible parents and reliable spouses. I've met mentally ill people that matched this.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not on my life. It is people with mental illness that wind up killing their girlfriend, ex, or themselves. Don't need any of those scenarios.

2|0
    3|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It honestly depends on the severity and the effects of the mental illness.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes there usually the people I've regularly meet in life currently while being treated from my own. I would hope people would date me despite the various mental issues I suffer and will suffer for my entire life

2|0
    0|0
  • I'd be honest here, hell no. I'd not risk my life for the sake of relationship, I'm happy with the possibility of dying alone. Severity or not, this person needs psychologist or something.

The only relation I'd ever have with this person is of client and counselorπŸ˜‚πŸ˜Š

0|0
    0|0
  • I am dating someone with a mental illness. It's tough some times, but when you connect with someone the way I've connected with her; you don't let something like depression stand in the way. Even if seeing her go through a depressive spell is like having your heart ripped out, the way we are when she isn't depressed worth every second.

2|0
    0|0
  • It depends. If they have no intention of getting help they need, then no. But if they have intention on getting or accepting help they need, then yes. I'd rather not be in a toxic environment, and dating someone with mental illness can certainly be and usually is a toxic environment.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am fine with as long as we communicate and understand. We are all diff. to know what it is.
    seem more like.. once you break up.. you call the other crazy or mental ill...

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say to remember that it would be the person who you are dating... and not their condition. If they're up front about it then there is no confusion and you can decide what's right for you then.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on type. Been hit by to many lamps by women with manic bipolar.

1|0
    1|0
  • I suffered from mental illness and I think most people do so I don’t see why not

1|0
    0|1
  • Absolutely. It might depend on the type of mental illness but these days everyone has a little something.

0|0
    0|0
  • Right I have just read though these and most of these are out of order, 1) how do you know someone has mental health issues when you first meet them? 2) what you are going to go on a date or two with them and then fuck them off when you find out that they have mental health, if you do that then you are well out of order, everyone has some sort of mental health in some way and if you like that person then you like every part of that person and try and help them as much as possible

0|0
    0|0
  • What type of mental illness? If she is OCD about cleaning, cooking me good food and keeping my sack drained, no problem dating her.

Note that I list the things any woman SHOULD be doing for her man, because modern feminazis consider those things insane.

0|0
    0|0
  • Literally everyone in this generation is suffering from mental illnesses so yes. I dont have a choice lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most people have some form of mental illness, it just depends on the severity and how well she's able to function.

2|1
    0|0
  • Yes cause i suffer from mental illnesses and believe someone
    with similar illnesses of mine we could learn about each other.

2|0
    0|0
  • I’m dating someone with depression and anxiety. i love him with my whole heart and i’d do anything to help him through it

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I've already done my tour of duty, and I ain't going back for a second tour.

2|0
    0|0
  • It depends on what it is. But if it has a magure impact in the every day life it might be a deal-breaker. Also if I don't feel like it's safe for kids to be around them then it's definitely not ok.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, some people are mentally challenged while not ever having suffered from mental conditions. Mental illness does not discount intelligence. If they act like retards they can get the boot though.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't see the issue dating someone with mental problems, no one is perfect. I would say dating someone suffering with mental illness could actually help them in the long term.

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean I kinda have to say yes. It'd be harder but only in some ways. Easier in others.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not any more although I've certainly encountered quite a few.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the mental illness.. like MPD... no, NPD.. no, pedophilia... no.. but just about everything else is ok.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends. If it makes them do crazy shit than no.
    I would date someone with depression yeah

1|0
    1|0
  • Why?
    Most well adjusted mature ADULTS are simply not interesting in babysitting another.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you really care for this person, and been friends for a while and you can deal with it. Then go for it.!

0|0
    0|0
  • Bitches be crazy, they are all mad, so you don't have a choice, unless you wanna screw guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • If she is currently suffering from a serious mental illness then no.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not again.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on the type and severity of the illness.

0|0
    0|0
  • If she's okay now, why not...

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell no.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the illness

0|0
    0|0
  • I already do πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ