Why do we fall in love with people we can't have?

Mystery to meWhy do we fall in love with people we can't have?

0|2

Most Helpful Girls

• Because it's human nature to want what we can't have. For some reason things and people seem more appealing when they're unattainable.

Yet when someone's single or no one's pursuing them, no one gives them a second glance 😂
    It's like people can sense you're available and think something's wrong with you, or you're not worth loving.

2|0
    0|0
  • Because the heart like to play tricks on us always instead of us using our mind, the heart always go ahead of the brain hehe

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Probably because you enjoy the chase more than the actual result. I know I do.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Because we naturally think that whatever's on the higher shelf is better. The demand for something can cause people to desire it. If something is too available, then it must suck since nobody wants it. If something is out of our reach, it must be worth it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because its safe. Because if we knew we could have it, we'd then have to decide if we really do want it, and what we're willing to do or sacrifice to get it. And the answers are generally "no" and "not much".

1|1
    0|0
  • That's not love, that's lust.

But to answer, single people often come across as desperate, like they need someone so are undesirable. Taken people are happy with where they're at in life.

1|1
    0|0
  • Not necessarily in someone that doesn't back.
    To many get scared and flee because of many different reasons, mainly by insecurity and tha triggers fear.

1|0
    0|0
  • because love is highly irrational. the logic says if a person is unavailable we shouldn't fall for them; however, love often doesn't follow logic

1|0
    0|0
  • Because they have many hollers and they think they are queen and king of the area. They do not care for ugly people until they realize they are gone

1|0
    0|0
  • They fill an empty spot in us sometimes that's before and sometimes it's after we find them attractive. At least that's the way i feel about it.

1|0
    0|0
  • It is human nature to want what can't have, whether it is a better, car, job, house or even people but falling in love is really taking the fantasy a little too far.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because the impossibility makes them more desirable.

3|0
    0|0
  • Regardless that some people do that because people want what they can't have
    For me I just never do this I feel this is really stupid when someone is out of reach it's over end of the story

1|0
    0|0
  • Another good question @chikky I always fall for arseholes or taken guys 🙈🙈

1|0
    0|0
  • Because brain is stupid and thinks he know better.
    This is yet another reason why everyone should demand full control.

1|0
    0|0
  • People are commonly interested in someone who is above their league.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because we've never had it before, we get bored of the things we can get easily. Everyone likes a challenge.

1|0
    0|0
  • First off, mystery! What could have been.. The portrait is already painted yet you are staring at it like a 3D image.

1|0
    0|0
  • Actually, no, its not a mystery. If you want i can explain.

1|1
    0|0
  • its a human mind thing we want what we can't have i have fallen to it to but as long as you keep it in check you are ok

1|0
    0|0
  • Because we don't control our emotions. If you do, you can love the one person you can have and who loves you. Try it

1|0
    0|0
  • Partly because it's human nature to want certain things we don't have, but our brains often play tricks on us and many people are dumb enough to fall for them and think they want things they can't have. In reality you like the idea of having what you can't have more than you actually like it.

In terms of falling in love with people you can't have for whatever reason (i. e. they are already in a relationship, they don't want you, they always seem just out of reach) your brain paints a pretty picture of what it would be like to be with that person: it idealizes the relationship and idealizes them up on a pedestal. The idea you have in your head is more likely than not very different from how that person actually is.

1|0
    0|0
  • people want what they can't have, for example i can tell you you are not allowed to think about a red elephant, and boom what do you know you're gonna think about it.
    it's maybe a stupid way of showing it but that's how it is,
    for example the potato got popular that way in Europe,
    people didn't like the potato but because there was a food crisis one king decided to get a whole field of potatos and protect it with guards, soon people started wondering what was so precious guards had to be stationed there, they started figuring out and stealing those potatos and slowly but surely the potato gained traction.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's the classic temptation of the forbidden fruit. It goes back to the story of Adam and Eve.

1|0
    0|0
  • Cuz it's the thrill of the chase it's a competition , all the Girls i have pretty much fell for are always taken , it's my luck , I still tell them how I feel about them with hopes that maybe shit won't work out with their current partner and they come running to me lol but i dont wait around either but Yes funny you asked this question cuz this hit me today as well. Their is a girl i can see myself with and find her so attractive and she gives me those tingly feelings but she has a boyfriend and it sucks lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Bkoz love is attraction... an we only attract to those things we don't have. Lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • Its human nature to aspire things which are difficult to get.😝

1|0
    0|0
  • People always want what they can't have it's not love it's just a weird obsession

1|0
    0|0
  • Shakira...

1|0
    0|0
  • cuz life is one big piece of shit

1|0
    0|0
  • That's a question for the God's, I have no clue

2|0
    0|0
  • Are you a clone of me?

1|0
    0|0
  • we think we can, and we dont

1|0
    0|0
  • cuz people always want what they can't have

1|0
    0|0
  • The grass is greener on the other side

1|0
    0|0
  • Well there is a Chance that we can have them

1|0
    0|0
  • Our brain 🧠 always wants to test our limits

1|0
    0|0
  • Well for my case the answer is easy - I can't have any girl in the world, and I have to like people from time to time

1|1
    0|0
  • Yeah a lot of white guys think kim Kardashian is hot. They are attracted to something they can't have. She doesn't one inferior white penis. Only BBC

0|1
    1|0
  • Hypergamy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because we always want, what we can't have
    Human nature

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes