Do you think anyone can get a date?

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• What’s with all these “lowering your standards” and “out of your league crap”?
    It sounds like you are talking about if your deciding to buy a new car or used car with that talk!

Ask who you want to ask and if it doesn’t work out try someone different. Nobody is out of your league or below your league, everyone has different qualities that you might find desirable; or not, but looks do not define If that person will make a great potential partner or not.

“Good” looking people can be dumb as hell or really demanding or be cheaters, and “ugly” people can be super smart and really genuine or have great work ethic and show you themselves without acting fake, in other words what you see is what you get no surprises or dark secrets.

So yes anyone can get a date

0|0
    0|0
    • Uh no there are definitely people who are not on the same looks level as you

• Nope. And sometimes, rightfully so.

I have a very tough time getting a date (Though I think I'm ok at the "getting a girlfriend" part), and I should be having a much easier time with dating.

0|1
    0|0
    • I should too, I should just go for girls below my league

• I know some of the problem (s), but it's not that I'm a horrible person or I'm bitter or whatever. It seems that for whatever women apparently find wrong with me, it's not really that at all. Like if they tried to know me (which I don't know if they're scared to, for some reason), I think I'd have more relationships. I don't want to go "beneath my league"... but the stuff I find to be huge red flags seems to be a common thing around here, so either I'll have to become cool with that stuff, be fine with being single, or move to a place that doesn't have so many women who do that, and I just don't know any more.

Most Helpful Girls

• 100% if you have a victim complex dating will be harder for you. I notice there a ton of people who refuse to acknowledge they fuck up in life and always blame everyone else for their problems. Like incels blaming women for not wanting them, people who whine about not getting a partner but are shallow and picky etc. Taking accountability in your life is way more attractive then someone being a little bitch and bitching about their lives when they have it ok. Fuck up shit happen in my life but I move forward I try not to dwell on the past and bitch about it. But other people they can't seem to stop that.

0|0
    1|2
    • How can I get rid of my victim complex?

• Show All
    • @warrior0345 Damn people are so evil but remember anyone who was being miserable to you was miserable in their own lives and taking it out on you and other people. Just remember their opinion means dog shit like why care you know? in the end we all die alone anyway you should try to overcome this fear that your ugly. Confidence is sexy you need to build it up. Remember not everyone have the same tastes when it comes to appearance you could think someone butt ugly and I could think they are so beautiful. You just need to find a girl who realize your the best thing that ever happen to her.

• How do I overcome it like it’s reslly strong

• Without keeping their standards, yes, pretty quickly.

To find someone more fitting their ideals, someone needs to want it badly enough to potentially put in a lot of time and effort.

Exceptions are stifling shyness and social anxiety (that is not managed/addressed).

1|0
    0|0
    • I've suffered from both of those and I'm starting to get better, but it's still not good cause I've never been on a date. I think I could if I wanted to though, I'm not bad looking

• Show All
    • @mrsingle Nope. Never said that. My initial response was regarding those without SA. If you have SA, it's not as simple as "yes, pretty quickly." More like, "yes, with working through your SA".

Get it?

• @mrsingle we are both identical in this situation and honestly looks like people like us will be the last if ever to get a date.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I think it depends how high your standards are and who you know. If your standards aren't too high and you meet people who meet those standards - getting a date should be easy.

2|2
    0|0
  • YES everyone can get a date! Are there a few instances where people might not be able too? Sure.. but for the most part YES anybody can get a date!

1|2
    0|1
  • Not just anyone, no. I don't think so.

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely. People who can’t just aren’t willing to lower their standards

0|3
    0|1
    • I can't, I'm small for a guy and I think I look way too boyish for most women

• Im small too, doesn't stop women from being attracted to me

• @Pulimuli

I'll take a note from you

• No, I don't. Take ME for an example.
    ~I am a little shy guy. I don't like to engage with a person who is not really interested in long term, like marriage. So, what is the use of a silly relationship, when it's not gonna last. I MEAN WHY WASTE TIME.
    ~And, girls are not going to approach me.
    Thus, I won't be able to get a date

0|1
    0|1
    • Approach them, approach one your looks level, I've been shy too

• Yes, I dont think getting a date is difficult, but having a good date requires work

2|0
    0|0
    • How can one get a good date?

• Getting a good date starts with you being a good person. Do research on google about communication styles and how to connect with people, that's a good start

• Thanks

• if they get themselves to a good place yes, most anyone. But dating is a skill, getting a date is a skill, relationship, etc.. is all skills. you gotta have your best forward and learn the skills, communication is huge.

0|1
    0|0
  • From the responses i read on this website many guys would bang almost anything alive, so it is likely

1|0
    1|1
    • I like to think of it in the way that if a girl showed up on doorstep completely naked said she just wanted sex with no strings attached then there are very few girls I can think of that I would say no to so you're partially right. But this isn't asking about sleeping with a girl its asking about going on a date with a girl. Cause there's also situations like this girl I slept with a little while back that I would sleep with but not go out with because while sexually compatible we aren't romantically compatible.

• Show All
    • Go on a couple dates and find out. I mean that's what dating is for. This girl it was just pretty obvious.

• @john1714

Alright sure

• In theory, yes. In theory anyone can win the lottery, or get hit by a bus, or get cancer, or get a date. But that doesn't mean it'll happen to everyone.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah it's probability

• The difference is cancer is by and large caused by chance, whereas not having a date is caused by inaction to meet people and ask them out.

• Yup. In Spanish we say “siempre hay un roto para un descosido”

There’s always one that’s broken for one that’s taken apart.

Descosido is for clothing. Clothing that has been ripped. Tear apart. Where the strings have been separated. I don't know how to say that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not everyone can get a date. First of all, the person they're trying to woo has to be attracted to the qualities they display. It doesn't matter what YOUR standards are. What matters is the person you're wooing's standards. If you're socially inept, not a lot of people will be attracted to that.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd say to never give up love and life.
    I'm a short glasses wearing toady and found a tall and beautiful woman.
    Sometimes it just happens, keep living life and doing things, something good will happen.

1|0
    0|0
  • About 80% of women and 40% of men can get a date.

0|1
    0|0
    • WHy?

• Show All
    • Like I said, statistically negligible.

Wouldn't even tip the scales for either gender by so much as a single percentage point.

• And what type of men are in the 40 percent?

• YES...

PEOPLE ARE LONELY AND DESPERATE

ITS ALL ABOUT TAKING CHANCES

0|2
    1|0
  • It depends, for every lone soul, there is at least one person out there who would desire them, however knowing where to look is what makes it nearly impossible, the only way is if God directs you to that person.

0|0
    0|0
    • There are 7 billion people on this planet. It really isn't that hard to find someone you could date. It's people's fears and inaction that ultimately stop them from finding someone.

• Show All
    • Yes, I wonder where I can find one. I really am into them

• I have seen a few, so they are not far, just keep looking and you will find them.

• Yeah but not with who they want. Most people can’t get a date with their crush or a person they really wanna go with. So people have settle. But yeah everyone can get a date because no matter how unattractive you are, there’s always gonna be someone just as unattractive in the opposite sex...

0|0
    0|0
    • I’m apparently an attractive guy and I can only get dates three Tinder

• nope... y u ask... i haven't been able to get a date if a gun was held to my head... im not attractive and iam not rich

0|1
    0|1
  • Only if you sacrifice your true self in order to be liked by someone else. You can't be yourself around others.

0|0
    0|0
  • So basically asker expects us to say say "yes", and if we say "no", he says we should lower out standards. What if I told yoh that even horribly unattractive women have standards?

0|0
    0|0
  • It all depends on your feelings, the other person's feelings, your charisma, and your choice of words
    So when it all comes down to it anyone could get a date

0|0
    0|0
  • LOL, no. I'm going to get some hate and disagreement for my opinion, but after being on here and reading some of these questions and comments, along with myself being single as long as I have, I have to politely disagree with some of you.

Most people CAN get dates, yes, but not everyone.
    If that's the case, why do some people never find relationships and/or love?

And as bad as it sounds, if you don't look or act a certain way to appeal to others, that can keep you from getting dates too. That's not necessarily a bad thing though!
    Hell I know I have high standards and won't just settle for anyone just to go out with someone... and I'm okay with that.

Some people just have better luck with dating than others.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, there are some people so undateable that no one would date them.

Sometimes it's because if their own fault e. g extremely racist, misandristic, obnoxious.

In rare cases they can be so unattractive no one would date them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't make women waste your time, it's in their nature. Do your thing and let them approach.

1|0
    0|0
    • I don't think women usually approach men, anyway I need a rhinoplasty and chin job to be more attractive, to get to a very high looks level, then I might be approached.

• No. Some people are just so awkward that it would take a miracle.

0|0
    0|1
  • Animals that appear sick are often abandoned by their peers and left to die. There is a great shame in knowing that if you are depressed and are need of repairs that the overwhelming majority of people will deem you something disturbing as to avoid, move around and pursue the healthy alternative that you wish you could be. You would be it too, if only.. welp it's irony that you would be what you're supposed to be but can't because of the thing you want, and that thing you want wouldn't be with you if you're not "healthy" enough to begin with.

M e d i t a t i o n s. (Good book, you should read it.)

0|0
    0|0
  • Pretty much, you just need to find the right person. And, if you are talking about these dates, anyone can get them

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the individual and how far they’re willing to go.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’d say, the vast vast majority of people can get a date.

0|0
    0|1
  • Anyone mentally sane and physically able can get a date.

1|2
    0|0
  • Yes. But that doesn’t mean anyone can get a date with anyone.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, but like someone else here already said, it's a skill. Or there is a certain level of skill that applies.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on both side. If the guy or girl is too picky sorry no date. But sometime immature affect the relationship and lack of communication.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes of course. It just really depends on a person standards.

1|0
    0|0
    • You should probably have some sexual attraction towards the person you want to date though. Setting the standard to 'hideous' isn't helping anyone 😅

• I definitely think almost anyone can get a date the question is is it a quality day cuz you don't just want to date any old body

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I believe so, there's someone for everyone in 7.7 billion population.

0|0
    0|0
    • Are you sure?

• Show All
    • @shimmeryns some women are picky and choosy about the guys they want to date looks are important to women

• @TheBigGiantHead900

If that's true, I want to get a rhinoplasty, non surgical one, once I can afford the money, to improve my nose. I'm already decent looking but I want to appeal to as many girls as I can

• Yes! Anybody can get a date. Anyone who doesn’t had self esteem issues.

0|0
    0|0
    • I never been on a real date

• Yes of corse , everyone is human don’t but anyone on a pedestal. If you do then you won’t get a date and you’ll think they are to good for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Might be harder for some and easier for others. Depends.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes but its not probable or realistic. Some people are going to die without finding someone.

0|0
    0|0
    • Not if they lower their standards

• Anyone can get a date, but only strong and happy people can keep a healthy relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • I sure as shit haven't had much luck in that department.

0|0
    0|0
  • Anyone that isn’t insecure or an asshole. And even then, they might.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. No matter how messed you are there is always someone as messed as you.

0|0
    0|0
  • @mrsingle you and me both! Sounds like you and me are freaking identical!

0|1
    0|0
    • I got a girlfriend but we met through Facebook and are long distance. We do see each other in person, as far as asking girls out in person it’s harder but on top of anxiety I also have aspergers and adhd so I am easily distracted and don’t pick up body cues very well so no wonder I have trouble 😅

• Adhd and anxiety myself so i understand those parts very well. But glad you found a way around it!!!

• ha, if that's the case why is my ass still single for the last 3 fucking years?

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe not everyone, but at least like, 90, 95% of us.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not anyone , u need to ask for a date , if you need one and u need guts to take rejections

0|0
    0|0
  • yes. no "good" date guaranteed but everybody can get one if they want one.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think they can. I have seen the most unlikely people in relationships.

0|0
    0|0
  • A date yes, a meaningful one... different story

0|3
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes