What is the appeal of long term relationships?

A lot of people (kids) try it.. Does it actually work as a way of dating? Have you had any success with it? I personally try to avoid it to stop anything like over attechment from happening.

What's appealing about a long term relationship?
What's appealing about a long term relationship?
Updates:
Oof, my head ass, said long term.. I MEANT long distance.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Long term dating is the only form of dating I could do. I don't see any point in dating someone short term. If I don't see a potential, I end it.

Did you mean long distance? I think long distance is unfortunate, but sometimes it just has to happen to become short distance some day. I've gone through LDR and we've been happily short distance for two years now, after a hard year living with the distance.

I don't count relationship where the people have never actually met as LDR. It seems that many do count those online relationships as such. I personally couldn't commit to someone I haven't seen face-to-face.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• ha ha, head-ass, ha ha,... Seriously though, I think long distance relationships require 1 of 2 things,

1.) Completely loyal with a plan to move closer together, or
    2.) Open, but honest relationship (date other closer people during longer stretches of not seeing one another).

It can work for short time. but if a person likes to have sex more than once a week and you only see the once a month, there is almost no chance.

0|0
    0|0
  • In a long term relationship, family can become very strong and loving, as there are more years of togetherness. The couple also grow in their relationship in ways that you can not in fewer years. Most people who have been married many years, say they love their spouse more than when first married. That's because of many years of sharing and loving, as love grew over the years.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Those are very risky.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have absolutely no desire to get into a long-distance relationship. It hurts both parties involved wanting to be around each other, but they aren't able to. Long distance relationships completely get rid of that physical bond that connects you, aside from the emotional bond.

0|0
    0|0
  • Long distance relationships should be formed when you guys know you want to be together, and actually plan an effort to be with one another.

It's the only way. There is no other way.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is no appeal or little point to a long-distance relationship. The same with trying to build a realtionship via texting. It rarely works. If there is no physical connection it is not a realtionship. You are and always will be nothing more than acquaintances.

0|0
    1|0
  • Long distance relationships can work, but I think they're the most difficult to maintain, especially if the relationship is young.

0|0
    0|0
  • For feelings of safety, closeness and belonging. And because you never want what you two have to go away.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is no appeal to them. Long distance relationships are usually something you accidentally find yourself in, you don’t actually try to get one. I never wanted one and never deliberately sought out a guy that lived thousands of miles away, but I got to talking to him, befriended him, developed romantic and sexual interest that was reciprocated, and here we are in a long distance relationship. I love him to death and I couldn’t ask for a better boyfriend but the distance aspect of our relationship SUCKS. I don’t want him so far away I never get to see him or touch him or anything, nobody wants that, but for now it’s just something I have to put up with until we can physically be together.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because there is more to life than sex. I like having a long relationship with a lady whom I genuinely like as a person.

0|0
    0|0
  • You know the person, and feel comfortable with her...

0|0
    0|0
  • Did you mean long distance relationships or do you actually mean what you posted?

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol long term and long distance is a big difference. Was about to make a thotful comment

0|0
    0|0
  • women are trash now a days
    no point in dating men are to good for women

0|0
    0|0
  • getting sex without constantly worrying about stds/stis so much.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its good if you are ready to settle if not then just avoid it

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t think they work unless the distance is closed in a relatively short amount of time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Knowing your loved and wanted long term by someone

0|0
    0|0
  • Relationships are for squares like pants

0|0
    0|0
  • steady cash stream

0|0
    0|0
  • Hahahaha long term long distance 😂😂

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like getting over-attached either

0|0
    0|0
    • No long-distance doesn't work out. Unless the guy is asexual and the girl stubborn as a rock.

• When it happens it just feels right

0|0
    0|0
  • Bringing ass everywhere

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes