What is the appeal of long term relationships?

A lot of people (kids) try it.. Does it actually work as a way of dating? Have you had any success with it? I personally try to avoid it to stop anything like over attechment from happening.

What's appealing about a long term relationship?
Oof, my head ass, said long term.. I MEANT long distance.

719

Most Helpful Girl

• Long term dating is the only form of dating I could do. I don't see any point in dating someone short term. If I don't see a potential, I end it.

Did you mean long distance? I think long distance is unfortunate, but sometimes it just has to happen to become short distance some day. I've gone through LDR and we've been happily short distance for two years now, after a hard year living with the distance.

I don't count relationship where the people have never actually met as LDR. It seems that many do count those online relationships as such. I personally couldn't commit to someone I haven't seen face-to-face.

Most Helpful Guys

• ha ha, head-ass, ha ha,... Seriously though, I think long distance relationships require 1 of 2 things,

1.) Completely loyal with a plan to move closer together, or
    2.) Open, but honest relationship (date other closer people during longer stretches of not seeing one another).

It can work for short time. but if a person likes to have sex more than once a week and you only see the once a month, there is almost no chance.

• In a long term relationship, family can become very strong and loving, as there are more years of togetherness. The couple also grow in their relationship in ways that you can not in fewer years. Most people who have been married many years, say they love their spouse more than when first married. That's because of many years of sharing and loving, as love grew over the years.