Whose more shallow men or women?

Men seem to be a lot more shallow because they won't talk to or even bother to be friends with a woman they see as unattractive. Whose more shallow men or women?
  • Men
    Vote A
  • Women, the photo explains it all😭
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
I forgot both for the poll🤦🏼‍♀️

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Women want

Tall, fit, handsome, rich, confident & big dick wielding men

Where as us men want

Thick booties, pretty faces, big titty having women.

I’d say it’s about even

2|1
    0|1
    • But then guys complain about big titties sagging in their mouths and big butts doing the same. Smh.

• What guy complains about titties in their mouths? 🤨😂

• Is that really even if all we want is a pretty face, and a curvy figure? LOL.. I guess quality is most important

• Both are which is why the dating scene is fucked up nowadays which is why I said FUCK it and quit dating

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• It depends. In my experience, it was shallow girls that always compete with my guys that I did have a relationship. One that I found that did cheat on me then I dumped the guys.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Did you know women have become more shallow than men in dating?
    You might have thought that you weren’t that shallow when it comes to pulling. That you go for personality, intelligence, humour. But apparently, if you’re a girl you don’t – or at least, that’s what a new survey of 20,000 British men and women found.

The research, which comes from skincare brand Remescar, reveals a surprising trend in the dating world; men are more attracted to the person that they meet (i. e. their personality and their confidence) while women are more attracted to the person’s physical attributes (i. e. their smile and their body type). The tables have turned when it comes to dating and finding a potential new partner and now it’s British men who focus on the person and who they are, whereas women are more likely to seek out good looks.

Initially all respondents were asked ‘Do you consider yourself to be fussy when it comes to meeting someone new?’ to which 61 per cent of respondents confessed that ‘yes’ they were fussy. Of those who said they were fussy, the top reasons cited were ‘I don’t want to waste my time with someone who’s not for me’ (31 per cent) and ‘I know what I like and what I don’t like’ (22 per cent). The most common reason, however, for those who considered themselves not to be fussy was ‘I like to open-minded in case I find someone that’s not my usual type’ (56 per cent).

All male respondents were asked what they looked for in a potential new partner. When provided with a list of possible responses and told to select all that applied, the top five responses were: good personality, someone to have a laugh with, confidence, intelligence, how she gets on with friends and family, and a good family ethic.

When women were asked the same question however, their top five was a little different. While women also rated family ethics, confidence and personality, their top value was “a nice smile”, and third from top was “body type”.

According to the poll, just 31 per cent of male respondents admitted that they would ignore or avoid someone of the opposite sex based upon their looks, compared to a massive 70 per cent of female respondents admitted that they would ignore or avoid the opposite sex because of the way they looked.

Carien Veldhuis, Marketing Manager at Remescar, said: “It’s shocking to hear that so many women, and likewise so many men, will ignore someone of the opposite sex based upon the way they look; you never know, that could be your Mr or Mrs Right right there, and you’ve snubbed them because they don’t quite marry up to the image of your dream partner that you’ve built up in your head.

0|0
    1|0
  • I don't really think about this as it's a negative thought. I'll say women because of how difficult it is to get through to them, but they have good reasons for their behavior so I accept them as they are. They are shallow in the sense they are very protective of getting close to them, which makes sense.

Guys are shallow in that they wont' share as much of their inner state and communicate directly, so it's harder to get close.

0|0
    0|0
  • "Men seem to be a lot more shallow because they won't talk to or even bother to be friends with a woman they see as unattractive."

Don't women do the same for guys?

Anyway, I'd say it's about the same, at least on here, just different standards, like I don't think a guy would want a woman with a certain dick size. =)

0|0
    0|0
  • Men are more shallow indeed. Women I believe are much less shallow but still a small amount, but act as if they are no so they can look better and non-slutty. Both sides suck, but I guess we suck a bit more.

1|1
    0|1
  • You know how many girls I see sayin "I wanna a guy friend, but he has to be cute"... Yeeaahh.. But yeah honestly I think both shallow just different ways... A little.. I mean women are more selective.. But that don't mean it's for looks.. I say both... Although online women have the monopoly so there's that..

0|0
    0|0
  • It takes a special level of vanity to not even be friends with someone just because of their looks, but literally every example of that which I know of is with a woman being the one who refuses.

0|0
    0|0
  • depends on the individuals tbf but personally both sexes have their fair share of shallow people

3|0
    0|1
  • Women, by far. All men want froma woman is "Don't be grossly unattractive, be pleasant to be around, don't have someone else's kids, and don't be fat". And there are plenty of thirsty simps that will even tolerate her being a single mother.

Women, on the other hand... a man must be a certain height, he must have perfect genetics to have just the right face, his body has to be magazine cover photoshoot ready at all times, he has to not only make a shitload of money but also have a job with status AND that allows him to just travel all over or drop work whenever he feels like it to travel the world or to cater to her.

They don't give a shit if he beats them or fucks a bunch of other women right in front of her as long as he's "OMG SO HAWT!!11!!!" and has a big bank account.

And I've only scratched the surface.

Shallow. Real damn shallow.

1|2
    0|0
  • But girls in fashion aka devil wears Prada boss can also be shallow, I am going to call it a draw because I think both genders can share equally in this trait

0|0
    0|0
  • Easy. Women are. Women love status and money a lot and a person that loves status and attention has to be very shallow to begin with.

1|0
    0|0
  • Clearly its women men chase women women dont approach men and men are the ones getting rejected this is obvious

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly psychology says both in their own ways. So yeah both.

1|0
    0|1
  • Women. Because I’m a man and bias and women only want me for my money or free food lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess both are just as even?

1|2
    0|0
  • I think both are equally shallow.

1|1
    0|0
  • Both are as bad as each other

1|0
    0|1
  • Neither. It’s equal.

1|0
    0|1
  • In my view, it is the person and not the gender.

0|0
    0|0
  • both?

1|1
    0|0

1|0
    0|0
  • Both. esp here

0|0
    0|0

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a tie.

0|0
    0|0
  • No money no honey. for both gender

0|0
    0|0
  • Women are more shallow on multiple levels.

Whose more shallow men or women?

0|0
    0|0
  • Women expect men to be wealthy, tall, and do intense workouts to develop abs. In my opinion it's much more that men expect from women, which for the most part is just keep yourself fit and be reasonably attractive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Men don't talk to women that they find unattractive for the same reason women won't do it with guys. They don't want to lead them on.
    What is shallow anyways? I mean it's not shallow to not want to go out with someone you're not attracted to. That's just honesty.

1|3
    1|0

Recommended myTakes