Have you given up on finding a RELATIONSHIP? If so, Why?

Have you given up on finding a RELATIONSHIP? If so, Why?
  • YES
    Vote A
  • NO
    Vote B
  • Other (explain)
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Girls

• No because relationships aren’t something you’re supposed to FIND. It’s just to just be okay with where you are at and if you want something that comes your way then of course you should make yourself available. But going out of my way to search for some partnership just puts you in a more difficult position because you’ve already got too much hope and expectation. And honestly, most people suck at rejection. So I advise others to just calm the hell down and learn how to be grateful in the now.

1|3
    0|0
  • Yep. Back when I was 13. I wasn't even looking for a relationship anyway. I got told by too many people that I'm too weird, religious, wouldn't make a good mother, wife or girlfriend etc and how nobody would want to date or marry me. So, I had enough. All it did was make me miserable and physically ill. People have no respect, don't want to marry, wait for marriage to have sex anymore, be friends first, etc. I'm just done. A waste of time.

0|1
    0|0
    • Not sure how these people would know if you wouldn't make a good wife or mother. Fuck them! In my opinion.

Most Helpful Guys

• No, I have a relationship with God=love, so I'll keep that one going... ahemm...

With another human woman , have not given up, but I am working on myself first so I can give someone, and pick well.

Are relationships like potato chips? you should have just one, but in reality, you keep going back into the bag and they are all a little different, but basically the same? . In the end you feel sick to your stomach, and just want to go to sleep? I just made that up:)

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yes, I have. I've had bad experience with men whether in a relationship or as friends or just in general. The only nice ones are already taken and married. Plus men have made it quite clear they aren't willing to put in as much effort as I am to make a relationship work. It seems like a lot of them are just in it for the sex these days.

So I'll pass.

1|4
    0|0
  • you don't look for it. it will come.. never give up

0|5
    0|0
  • Yup. I've had bad experiences when it comes to dating and relationships. Got cheated on, verbally abused and stuff, it was difficult and exhuasting.

1|1
    0|0
  • I would not say I given up. But more so tired of all the confusion and oddities that come with it.

And wondering if it really matters at this point right now.

0|3
    0|0
  • Nah, I haven't given up, but I have to admit, the motivation isn't really there. Pussy and boobs are nice, but so is blissful peace.
    Que Sera Sera
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZbKHDPPrrc

0|1
    0|0
    • My grandmother loved Doris Day!

• She had some wise wisdom. Que Sera Sera has transformed into a new name: If I'm not mistaken, it's now called: "I don't give a flying fuck."
      I love women, and my besties on GAG are women. But sometimes a guy has to wonder...
      Are boobs and vaginas really worth the effort? lol
      (My besties won't hate me for this comment, because they're smart as fuck. If they weren't, I wouldn't talk to them. I don't talk to stupid people.)

• Not really given up on it, just focusing more on myself and my work atm, if i find someone that i like, i'll just be honest with it and tell her. Not overthinking everything anymore, just going with the flow, if it leads somewhere it's nice, if not at least i tried and i go back on focusing on my lifestyle/ social life :)

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course not, no. I want to love and be loved. I've never been in love with someone, but I imagine it's a pretty good feeling. People who have someone to share their lives with tend to be happier individuals. So of course I would like that.

Even if I never fall in love, I doubt I'll ever come to a point where I say I've "given up"

0|1
    0|0
  • Finding a relationship? Nope, not given up on that... searching on the other hand...

0|1
    0|0
  • I have given up due to being sexually assaulted by my ex girlfriend at 16 and I have never talked about it or dealed with it

0|1
    0|0
  • Absolutely. I've been hurt and lead on all my life by women and the last 2 girls in my life, one including my ex left me scarred for life. I'm not saying all women are bad but the fact that women like that do exist makes me not want to take any chances. Plus a lot of women have been understanding about it and I've had some fun still so it all works out.

0|2
    0|0
  • Not looking for a relationship because I'm in one.
    I never looked for love though. It wasn't a priority of mine, and just kind of happened and it's amazing.
    I think the more people look the less they find. Meaning they may find 100 people they could date, but the people won't be worth it.
    There's nothing better than stumbling upon something great.

0|0
    0|0
  • At the moment, yes I have given up, and I'm not ashamed of admitting that.

33 years old and after years of dealing with unrequited crushes and love, nonsense, cheaters, liars, drama, and mindgames...

I'm tired of it. I'm too old for that at this point in my life.

At first I just got frustrated and said I'd take a break from dating, giving me a chance to reevaluate what to do and how I can change things.

But that break soon turned into YEARS of being single. And I like it. I'm not saying I'll never date again; I keep my eyes open for sure!
    But at the moment it's just easier for me to avoid relationships.

0|3
    0|0
  • Yes becaue im too old for relationship dramas and at my age i think i wotn up up with stupid things

0|2
    0|0
    • I think anybody at any age don't want relationship dramas!

• Show All
    • But di du know that at this moment noone in my family knows I evenhad sex with the guy in December? They do nto even know i even went to the guys apartment. For what is worth when i went to his plaec in December it was for a small friends gathering that is what they know so far noone knows anything of me having sex with the guy. We been discreet and he has mention anything to anyone otherwise so far 4 months later somoen must know and so far noone noone knows anything

• I wish you the best of luck! :+)-

• I'd find it quite silly to give up on relationships at my age in most cases

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah I’ve given up mainly because I am very unattractive to be successful in the dating game. I am mainly focusing on myself now. If a guy comes along that’s cool but I am not going to actively search for a man.

0|0
    0|0
  • The universe clearly wants me, with the luck I’ve been having. But I will not submit. Either I die beside someone beautiful or die trying

0|2
    0|0
  • at ago 30 it hit her harder bills work saving for retirement and so on there really no time any more no breath room for relationships to grow look at japan 127 million in 2015 to 107 million in 2050 The population is forecast to fall to about 83 million by 2100 and if it keep flowing this trend well you know what happens

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, because no young woman on Earth wants to be involved with an older man who lives with his parents, doesn't work, and collects a mental disability check. Unless she's bipolar, schizophrenic, borderline disorder, or something like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not given up just a bunch of bad things have happened to me and I didn't feel like dating for a good while and also all the girls I meet tend to be trashy

0|1
    0|0
  • Men seem to want the same kinds of women. I'm not her. Not even close. I'm 7 months into being single and i'm honestly cozy not putting on a show for someone.

0|1
    0|0
  • l am thinking about giving up but l dont want to give up as l would love to meet a nice girl as l have lots to offer l am more than willing to put in all the effort l am not just after sex l want the real deal l am not a player l am pure loyal and loving

0|0
    0|0
  • I think I’m about to... had two serious relationships that lasted 5 and 6 years. Since the last one it has been a year and a half. I’m single, 31 and nothing is happening. I keep falling on stupid guys who don’t want to commit to something serious. So I’m not looking for anything anymore. I feel very lonely at times especially when everyone around me are getting married and having kids. I don’t want to put my heart on the line and be played with one more time. My exes always said I’m too strong and independent. I talk my mind with strong words and they don’t like it 🤷🏻‍♀️ if you can’t accept all of me including my swearing and love for beer well, fuck off.

0|1
    0|0
  • I chose other because I've been hurt by guys I've had crushes on but never been in a relationship because I don't know I put my heart out there but they never like me like that I wish someone would

0|1
    0|0
  • I believe I either have a low sex drive or none at all. I know most men don’t want this from a woman and the likelihood of finding an asexual man is very unlikely. I don’t believe I’m good enough because I seem to only attract men that I’m not physically attracted to and will not settle. I don’t think I’m ugly but I don’t think I’m beautiful either and the lack of attention I’ve received from guys tells me that I’m not wanted. So, I don’t want to get involved with them either at this point. If a good one comes knocking then i’d be open to possibility but at the moment no.

0|2
    0|0
  • Yeah, I was single for 5 years at one point, I opted to have an friends with benefits instead which actually led me to finding a relationship with another woman (my now ex of 6 years)

0|0
    0|0
  • No, but I guess I SHOULD!! It's been 18 years since I've had one and 22 years since I had any puss!!

0|1
    0|0
  • I've given up on going of my way to please and charm another human. I never seeked a relationship. They just happened...

0|1
    0|0
  • It's too much work. I wanna focus on more important things like my studies and career now.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yep. No one ever wanted me, I don't see why it would change. It's too much effort to please the ladies, for no results.

0|1
    0|0
  • I know that at some point in the past, I had given up for a couple of years. At that time, I had experienced multiple rejections and a couple of breakups consecutively. I got annoyed and a little frustrated. So, I decided to give up on actively seeking any. I just decided to focus on school, and improving myself.

It ultimately paid off. Before I went to dental school, I worked multiple part time jobs at a time, and barely made ends meet. Now, I have a decent job in a very respected profession, and I'm doing much better financially than I ever have in my life.

Now that I'm a lot wiser, and got my act together, it's much easier for me to find a significant other. It's still a bit annoying now, but rejections don't bother me anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • 0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I have as i am focusing on myself at the moment

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know exactly what I still want... I just put this topic on hold

0|0
    0|0
  • Nice topic to discuss for older people here. I have no desire to date. Dating is really like an exam. You know how to answers with a certain time frame then you get good grade n get into good school. You are too late to find answers or to lazy to study, you won’t pass. The more time pass the more you harder for you to get a good grade. There are winners n losers. Although some still think love is not a competition or every one is equal or every one is loved. But the fact is the loveable people are loved by someone else and the unloved ones are unlovable to you. I question myself sometimes dose it mean I have to love these people so that I am not single anymore?

0|0
    0|0
  • I have never had any interest in giving up all the times I have been single.

0|0
    0|0
  • yep as the girls i talk usually turned out to be racist, rude or ghost me

0|0
    0|0
  • I want a relationship with someone, but I need to trust her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah cause I am a lone wolf. I don't want anyone in my life except my parents.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never had a relationship. So, I'm actually 13 y'all.

0|0
    0|0
  • In this day an age, and after everything that I’ve been through in life, finding a man that I want and need just doesn’t seem like it’s going to happen. I feel like one, I need to complete a lot of short term goals for myself before I can focus on a relationship. Second, I have a kid and I don’t want to bring lots of men around them. Third, I’m not into dating. I’m into the long term, but I have yet to find anyone on the same mindset as myself. If I do date someone, it’s with the intentions of working together and making it work together. Breaking up shouldn’t be an option.

0|0
    0|0
  • Almost. I'm getting older and the world is getting darker.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, Idc tbh I like being single

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm young asf

1|3
    0|0
  • Yeap. Can’t find a loyal guy yet

0|1
    0|0
  • Yup. I'm tired.

0|2
    0|0
    • ones you reach your late 30 u start to understand the world where living in

• Never give up

0|2
    0|0
  • Cuz I suck at life

0|1
    0|0
  • Almost

0|1
    0|0
  • Already in a relationship

0|1
    0|0