Would you ever get back with an ex that cheated?

Would you ever get back with an ex that cheated?
Updates:
Thanks for all the comments! I still want to hear what you have to say... but if you want... my next poll is out right now.. go vote below!

Would you date someone who believes the EARTH is FLAT? ↗

0|3

Most Helpful Girls

• I did and stayed with him for almost 5 years. I was with my ex fiancé and finally had to move on. I don’t know why I continued staying in a toxic unhealthy relationship. We had a 9 month long distance while I followed him to Utah. Well I’ll make it short. After 2 days of me moving I found out he was cheating on me with the neighbor for almost 9 month while we were engaged. I was broken and hurt. This was a neighbor a young single girl. Not attractive all. I was so hurt. I wanted to move back but couldn’t because I had spent all my savings to move with him. So time went by and I couldn’t let it go. So I stayed. We tried to work it out. Then I find out that while I was at work he was meeting other random hideous women on bumble dating apps. Over and over. Sleeping with all of them with out protection. So I finally decided to pack my bags and move back home. So when I finally came back home he begged and begged that he would changed and regret it he was in his best behavior. So we tried again doing long distance. This time I wanted him that he could be trusted but once your heart has been broken over and over you just can’t. So then he decides to dump me again to fuck his coworkers few months later he gets tired calling he hurting that he fucked up etc so I was supportive and we tried again. So he also has a drinking problem, he badgers me very bad and is so mean so I decide to go get tested and end up with an STD herpes and HPV so that’s when I finally said enough is enough. I confronted him and he’s like it’s not my fault I didn’t do anything. Then he sends me a message saying we’re done I want no part of it. So that’s how we broke up. He was a fucken coward. Best advice once a cheater always one. I promise you that. I’m hurting very bad but I know this has been a major wake up call for me in every way. A man that truly loves you won’t hurt you or betrayed.

1|1
    0|0
    • You!! I loved and care about my ex still do but after all the pain he has caused he doesn’t deserve nothing from me. I’ve asked him multiple times to stop sleeping around without protection he said he would rather die than to go get tested. It’s not fare to be spreading all these diseases. I fell for him bad. I know i will over come this and god has a better man for me.

• Ever since he dumped me after giving him the STD news he said he didn’t do anything. Blamed me for everything that I’m just so mean to him. I said of course I’ve been mean for everything he’s put me through. 5 years with him and never ever was I unfaithful to him. What hurts the most is that his mother and step dad knew about his affair with the neighbor going out with her every weekend seeing their post on Facebook and when I confronted him he would say it was his cousin. I believed it then when I was visiting before my move. She messaged him saying are you done entertaining your wifey and are you free tonight that’s when everything went down hill.

• Umm, you should have left after he cheated the second ttime. I gave a second chance to a player too. His apologies meant nothing, he didn't change at all. I wouldn't give him a third chance.

• I did.

(Sadly, when someone cheats once, 90% will do it again. An old but true cliche): "the beauty of cliches is the fact they all are true".

Also, the broken trust makes the relationship just like a vase made of glass which we let break in pieces and keeps struggling to make it the same, but knowing deep inside once it's gone... it can never be the same...

2|3
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• If I were to ever be in a relationship and were betrayed, i would never, ever put myself in that position of vulnerability with that person.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Hell no. No reason to do that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fool me once, shame on you, Fool me twice, shame on me. I couldn’t forgive them so no. If you take someone back who has done something that bad, they are going to do it again because they never respected you in the first place.

0|1
    0|0
  • Let me say this as nicely as possible: HELL NO.

I had an ex cheat on me before: I'll be damned if I ever return or take back someone that was insecure, didn't appreciate me the first time he was with me, not to mention, who's to say he wouldn't cheat on me again?

No thanks, I'm not that desperate, regardless of what his reason for cheating was.

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm generally against taking an ex back for any reason with very few exceptions, let alone a cheater.

Cheating isn't just hurtful. It's disrespectful. You want to be with someone else? Break it off and move on. Cheating is particularly bad because it involves active deception and often manipulation.

Unfortunately, the area a lot of people who take back a cheating ex, sometimes more than once. They are enablers. That's bad.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hell no.

I can forgive but I literally do not forget.

And i will not give a person a second chance to screw me over. Because the next time around it would be on me.

I don't want that responsibility. I Have a clean record and I would hate to catch charges.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, unless i was like 50 and he cheated when i was 20 and he seemed like a mature person now that wouldn't do it again. But it a short period of time passed i wouldn't believe him easily. In any case, i wouldn't give more than 2 chances

0|1
    0|0
  • Ugh, I’d be a hypocrite if I said no. But in my experience I have and in the end it still didn’t workout.

0|2
    0|0
  • I sure hope not! My child’s father makes passes at me every few months, but he cheated and didn’t really value me. I hope I’m never insecure enough to take him back!

0|1
    0|0
  • Umm, not get back together with her, but I am working on possibly having a bath together like we did in the old days.
    I just need to figure out how to approach that topic.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope I’ve learned my lesson. Why spend valuable time on someone when his mind is occupied with another pussy. It’s not fair at all and it’s a battle you don’t want to fight to keep his attention.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Especially if there was no fault that undermined our relationship on the part of me.

Even if there was, he chose to cheat rather than talk or breakup. And if you both did things that made relationship bad enough for at least one of you to cheat, then you shouldn't have been together to begin with. And what's the point in getting together again?

Now assuming years passed and you both changed so dramatically that you could say you've become entirely new persons.

Would that be a good reason to justify getting together again? Maybe. Would people actually do that? I don't know. Some people may, some people may not.

I personally wouldn't, because whatever he's become, he would still be the reminder of a bad memory for me.

0|1
    0|0
  • I only had one ex that did that. In her case, hell no.

0|1
    0|0
  • Tried but didn’t work. I can’t trust again and frankly I don’t think he wanted to earn that lost trust back

0|0
    0|0
  • If they were genuinely sorry and really wanted me back. Yes. But no third chances

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the situation that led up to it. But most likely I would not get back together with her no.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I made that mistake and yeah she cheated again.

0|0
    0|0
  • Would you reuse a piece of toilet paper? Hell nah😷

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell no. Goodbye loser. Better off without you.

2|1
    0|0
  • No never

0|1
    0|0
  • Not at all

0|1
    0|0
  • Once shy twice bitten

0|1
    0|0
  • No, I hate cheating.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know it depends.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. Nothing is black and white.

0|1
    0|0
  • An ex is an ex for a reason.

0|1
    0|0
  • Fuck no

0|1
    0|0
  • Ew no

0|1
    0|0
  • NO WAY

0|1
    0|0
  • Lol, fuck no.

0|1
    0|0
  • NEVER!!!

0|1
    0|0
  • Only to get back at them eventually and ghost them

1|1
    0|0
  • No I wouldn't.

0|1
    0|0
  • No. I have too much pride for that

0|0
    0|0
  • Not a chance.

0|0
    0|0
  • NO FUCKING WAY!

0|0
    0|0
  • Negative...

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Especially if the other guy came inside her.

0|0
    0|0
  • No don't go backwards only forward

0|0
    0|0
  • No😂😂😂

0|0
    0|0
  • I may be forgiving but I'm not stupid.

0|1
    0|0
  • No I’d be too paranoid and not trustworthy towards them at all. I wouldn’t want to be in a relationship like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • People make mistakes... and when you love them, you love them hard... but if they continue to hurt you like that... It's best to leave than to have trust issues and to avoid risking getting stds...

1|0
    0|0
    • I loved this man hard but I’ve realized that he’s a Narcissistic person very very selfish. No matter what I did he was very insecure and didn’t care who he slept with. His mom didn’t care he was cheating on me or hurting me over and over. He’s 35 and acts and thinks like a kid. Still living with his mom and mommas boy.

• Ex's are like assholes. Dick might move on to the pussy because all the asshole ex did was shit on him and dick knows that the pussy can never be loyal hence l all it thinks about is being filled with meat but going back to an the asshole ex will mean being cheated on and covered in shit again lmao taugh life Mr dick has 😂😂

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes