How to get emotionally detached from a crush?

Its like purposely trying to get them out of your head because you know you'll get hurt in the end. How to get emotionally detached from a crush?
Anime is amnesia. Lol i didn't even know. I was just looking for a good picture for the question.

89

Most Helpful Girls

• By controlling your thoughts. Though having a crush is something positive and I wouldn’t necessarily try to hold back and let that person know how you feel. It’s the best remedy to cure a crush too. You’ll get it out of your mind and if he or she’s a jerk about it then you know it’s time to move on.

• You remove yourself from the situation and detach from them emotionally. Remember the reason why you can't be involved with that person AND that you cannot like somebody you don't know. Be more logical about it and never be emotionally attached in that way without a rational reason for it.

Most Helpful Guys

• You won’t actually need to do this until you actually know if the crush likes you back. If she doesn’t, I just let the pain from the previous one sink in and it will fade after a day or so. I usually develop another crush if the pain lasts more than a day.

• Keep your distance.
    Cut off all contact
    Fill up your day with other activities
    Focus on yourself, self improvement

• This is the best thing to do. Fill up your spare time reading books, watching movies, hanging with friends take a course and get s new hobbie then your forget about her.

She was also a jerk to me about the whole thing so that helped even though she is interested in me and stares at me like mad which does not help lol.

That's what I did recently.

• I guess every situation is different. What I mean is if there is mutual interest and your 100% certain and your both single then it's probably worth being patient.

If your certain their not interested then back off. For me it can take a month or two if I am determined to move on and that's if I have no contact with her obviously if she wants a friend before and she knows I have a crush on her then I'd say I need some space to get over this but I want us to still be friends so she knows she won't lose you.

• I can't do that, if I have feelings for someone then I can't be friends at all. So if I know they're not interested then I cut off contact, I don't want to stay friends anymore with them.