When you are dating someone, what is the reason?

Are you looking to see if this person could be your forever person or are you just looking at it like “well, I like to be with someone.”

0|2

Most Helpful Girl

• When I date a guy, I date him because he likes me for being me. He enjoys my quirkiness and doesn't expect me to hide it or try and be somebody else. I date a guy because being with him feels right in every way, and I know I won't have any regrets about telling him my deepest darkest secrets. I never date a guy "for fun" or just to keep myself busy because I was used like that back a couple years ago and I know how painful it is. And it's also nice when the guy I'm with isn't afraid to disagree with me or tell me no. When everything goes right and there's no disputes, that's when I get scared because I know in the end everything will go wrong.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I go on dates to discover if this stranger I am attracted to will someday be my wife. I am seeking a connection and a reason to continue dating and I have the long term in mind. I am happy as an independent man but I know that can be better with another person.

1|0
    0|1
  • Friendship been married twice, last wife died, don't fancy going through that again. But it's nice to share your life with someone...

2|0
    0|0
    • I’m sorry for your loss💙

• Was married for 5years they were the best ones she brought me so much pleasure. But breast cancer took her away, still feel grateful to have known her ...

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• To see if they are compatible, if yes, then for their companionship

1|0
    0|0
  • I want to get to know my boyfriend better. For some reason, I want to help him with internal conflicts, with anything he may need emotional support for.

1|0
    0|1
  • Dating can be just for having fun but if you find the right guy and you develop more feelings than I’d be open for a relationship... that’s usually the concept of dating lol

1|1
    0|0
  • For life experience. I only started dating at 26 so I've been playing catchup with society ever since.

Unfortunately you need to date a lot of unsuitable people to learn what your standards are and how to make yourself attractive to the right

1|0
    0|0
  • For me I am wanting to find my forever girl. The one I would live with and create a family with. So her morals, long term life goals, and having at least a few interests in common outside of intimacy stuff all matters to me when looking for someone.

1|0
    0|0
  • I only have a relationship with someone I want to make a family with. I date lots of girls though. Most men and women aren't like me and are just lonely take the first person they get.

1|1
    0|0
  • forever is always there, but I start because I like that person and/or have some kind of attraction.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because I enjoy their company, think their personality compliments mine, I find them attractive, to see if we are overall compatible.

1|0
    0|0
  • I’d be look for Trust , Love companionship someone willing to except for my flaws as well as my attributes.

1|0
    0|0
  • When I'm with someone I'm 100% committed and devoted to that person

1|0
    0|0
  • lots of reasons but starting with we get along well and enjoy our time together

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm with her because I think she is potential wife material.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like them more than I generally like people. Which may later evolve into love

1|0
    0|0
  • I'll let you know when i find a girl i want to date

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm looking for a forever person to be with, i always did.

1|0
    0|0
  • A natural desire that makes me want to be with them, listen to your body.

0|0
    0|0
  • Friendship and sex, nothing more.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like them

1|0
    0|0
  • Both to an extent.

1|0
    0|0
  • To see if they would be a good wife.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because they seem like they care a good way I test this and anyone is by telling them how my day went. Now you might say how is that a test? When people ask you “how’s your day” most answer “good” but when you give a detailed version and a long answer you will tell if they care or not. So if they care then ill be open to date.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sex. That's all I want from them.

1|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes