Are dating apps just for hookups?

I try and date girls on there, but they seem to lose interest after a few days of talking. Or if I do go on a date then I never can get them on a second date and they also seem to lose interest a few days after the first date. Makes me wonder if I should try and hookup straight from the beginning. It seems that's how relationships start these days.

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• The free ones mostly are (and Tinder absolutely is). If you want a real relationship, you at the very least need to be on a paid site, but even then, you would be much better off meeting people in person.

My advice is to make a list of your interests, then rank them, then cross off any that don't have forums or local meetings and don't attract women.

Take the top 2 items on your list and find local groups that have get-togethers and start going. You should try to attend at least 2 events per hobby each month - that is one night a week.

Go there and meet people. Create a new circle of friends at each group and get to know their friends - grow the circle. You will end up meeting women who share your interest, and it will be organic.

If one interest turns out to be a dry hole, ditch it and move to the next item on your list.

The best part is that you already enjoy the activity, so you will be able to have a good time while you are still meeting people.

0|1
    0|0
  • If you met these women in a bar or a bookstore the same outcome would probably happen. It's not the apps in my opinion. It's that you are not congruent with what you want and how you act. Women get bored or lose interest because you are not showing the appropriate amount of interest in them! Stop talking on the phone for so long, get them on a date quicker, and if you really like them then let them know it. Most women walk away from dates like you describe not knowing how you feel at all so of course they just move on.

1|2
    0|0
    • I usually talk for like no more than 5 days before asking them out. How much quicker do you want me to act?

• That is way too long. After the initial conversation on the dating app you should be ending the 2nd conversation with.. let's grab a coffee sometime. Then you can say well I will call you this week to confirm and then get her number.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm surprised that's all the girls want on there. If I ever used a dating app i'd want to find someone serious. But... Then again I am not going to sleep with the guy so that's probably a deal breaker for any dude lol you should try approaching girls in real life. Not right away. Like let's say there's a cute girl that works at Starbucks and you go there a few times and have small talk with her. Eventually after it seems like she warmed up to you then you ask her for her number and for a future date.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Dont forget they have lots of guys to choose from, and I suspect that explains whst you've experienced. If you want a girlfriend, mere hookups will be unsatisfying.

1|1
    0|0
  • Eeeh…no, I wouldn't say so. They're primarily for parent companies to make money off of desperate and miserable guys.
    I was one of them, so don't worry. I'm talking shit about myself as well. Although I never paid, I was there, and obviously, that was a mistake. I can get ignored by doing nothing. Same result for less effort. :-)

0|1
    0|0
  • the thing about apps like that is that its easy to be chatting with and arranging dates with several people at once. in the old days a girl may see a couple of guys before she decides which one she likes better but sating apps are like shooting fish in a barrel so you have a choice... play the game just as others do or go back to the old system of finding a partner in the real world

0|0
    0|0
    • I see. They talk to me for a little while then upgrade. Women have too many options now.

• men do the same im sure... its the very nature of dating apps

• Most people on apps are looking for hookups but you find that one out of ten people who are looking for a relationship. I met my boyfriend of over a year on tinder.

1|0
    0|0
  • Women treat online dating as shooting fish in a barrel it’s become too easy to get attention and if you are not a super hot 6’5 rich stud with an 8 inch cock (meanwhile she’s grossly overweight and has no job) you are passed over. This is a generalizing of course there are some normal girls who will see your value but they are few and far between.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not all dating sites are like that, I don’t think. But tinder certainly is.

0|0
    0|0
  • The thing with dating apps is they all want to go on a date as fast as possible, or they will lose interest. You can only keep the interest going for so long on a chat.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sadly everyone uses them but I find its a huge waste of time. To many fake people in the world.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not necessarily. Girls tend to be very picky.

0|1
    0|0
  • Now that's how we know you are single 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • I hope not. I need a lover not a fuck buddy.

0|0
    0|0
    • I've been looking for a lover for a long time and haven't gotten shit out it.

• For the most part, yeah.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • Most people seem to think they are

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and no

0|0
    0|0
  • Either hookups or scamms

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, that's all they are. But it allows women to pretend they're looking for more, while they get what they really want. But don't try and go for the hookup right off the bat, unless you're a 10. Just lie and tell them what they want to hear. It's a win/win.

0|1
    0|0
    • Are they expecting me to take them back to my place on the first date?

• Show All
    • The smoothest way I can think of getting her back to my place is to say hey I live close by we can chill on my balcony then watch some tv. Something like that. Lol just casually hinting.

• That works. Tell her she's special, so you want to show her your place. Maybe suggest that you'll order a pizza or something. That's all she needs. (but never tell her the truth)

Recommended myTakes