Are dating apps just for hookups?

I try and date girls on there, but they seem to lose interest after a few days of talking. Or if I do go on a date then I never can get them on a second date and they also seem to lose interest a few days after the first date. Makes me wonder if I should try and hookup straight from the beginning. It seems that's how relationships start these days.

713

Most Helpful Guys

• The free ones mostly are (and Tinder absolutely is). If you want a real relationship, you at the very least need to be on a paid site, but even then, you would be much better off meeting people in person.

My advice is to make a list of your interests, then rank them, then cross off any that don't have forums or local meetings and don't attract women.

Take the top 2 items on your list and find local groups that have get-togethers and start going. You should try to attend at least 2 events per hobby each month - that is one night a week.

Go there and meet people. Create a new circle of friends at each group and get to know their friends - grow the circle. You will end up meeting women who share your interest, and it will be organic.

If one interest turns out to be a dry hole, ditch it and move to the next item on your list.

The best part is that you already enjoy the activity, so you will be able to have a good time while you are still meeting people.

• If you met these women in a bar or a bookstore the same outcome would probably happen. It's not the apps in my opinion. It's that you are not congruent with what you want and how you act. Women get bored or lose interest because you are not showing the appropriate amount of interest in them! Stop talking on the phone for so long, get them on a date quicker, and if you really like them then let them know it. Most women walk away from dates like you describe not knowing how you feel at all so of course they just move on.

• I usually talk for like no more than 5 days before asking them out. How much quicker do you want me to act?

• That is way too long. After the initial conversation on the dating app you should be ending the 2nd conversation with.. let's grab a coffee sometime. Then you can say well I will call you this week to confirm and then get her number.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm surprised that's all the girls want on there. If I ever used a dating app i'd want to find someone serious. But... Then again I am not going to sleep with the guy so that's probably a deal breaker for any dude lol you should try approaching girls in real life. Not right away. Like let's say there's a cute girl that works at Starbucks and you go there a few times and have small talk with her. Eventually after it seems like she warmed up to you then you ask her for her number and for a future date.