Do you lower your dating standards when you have been single for awhile?

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Probably only as far as looks goes but not moral standards. I can't be super picky when it comes to looks until I can get back into the game a little bit For now I'll take what I can get until I'm successful then I'll go for the higher grade later. I've been out of the game for a long time and haven't even tried. But I have to be attracted to the girl or it's a no go. I also realize that I get attached easy and I might grow fond of her and I may not want to break away

0|1
    0|0
  • No. And that's probabaly the problem...

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I’ve been single for almost ten years now and nope. I don’t lower my standards. That’s probably why I’m still single lol

0|3
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• no...

0|3
    0|0
  • No sir! I have been single 10 years now and if anything I have tightened up my standards! I refuse to be one of those people that's in an unhappy relationship because I settled on the first guy that showed me a little attention! I get warned all the time if I don't lower my standards or find a guy soon, I will be alone the rest of my life...

Good.

Sometimes it's better to be alone and happy, than with someone just for the sake of being in a relationship.

4|4
    0|0
    • really could not have phrased this any better. I feel the same way

• No, I'm a girl. As I get older, my dating market value will increase. That's why I don't let guys touch me. I bet when I'm in my 30s and want to get married, a guy will take me seriously. Plus I can't stand thirsty people who can't be alone. It points to low self esteem.

0|1
    0|0
  • No I don't. I would rather maintain my standards because you can then spot the ones you are looking for much easier

0|1
    0|0
  • No. The only reason I would have a relationship is so that the standards are met. To lower that would be to lower the goal of the relationship, and I have no interest in a relationship that has a different goal than what I'm looking for.

0|1
    0|0
  • I had been single for 20 years and never lowered my standards ahahaha

0|1
    0|0
    • I wouldn't blame you

• Show All
    • @GetOutTheWay: Wow...

• @piteka5 I'm not a huge flirt either. I hate flirting, people touching me, etc. In HS i used to act bubbly and attract lots of males. But now I'm a straight resting bitch face kind of chick. But the gay guy I had a crush on and I clicked because of it.. damn, I liked him too.

• Never, however my first couple of dating experience didn't really have a high standard to begin with because I was fairly inexperienced, didn't know what I wanted in a partner.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mine are very simple so I don't see any sense in changing the them

0|1
    0|0
  • No. I'd rather be alone than with someone with whom I don't click.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hell no! Not even my casual sex standards. I have wingmen to take those grenades.

0|1
    2|0
  • I like being single, so no. There's no gain in having a relationship with someone that doesn't meet the basic expectations you have in a partner.

1|0
    0|0

• To be with someone/ be seen in public, nope I keep my strict standards😂😭🤷🏽‍♂️

0|1
    0|0
  • Id like to think my standards dont keep getting lower every year, since I've always been single

0|1
    0|0
  • Kind of the opposite.

0|1
    0|0
  • Honestly YES

1|1
    0|0
  • no. lol

0|2
    0|0
  • No, I don't think so

0|1
    0|0
  • Probably

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|1
    0|0
  • never ever

0|1
    0|0
  • No. They remain the same.

0|1
    0|0
  • I never did. My standards have never changed.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hell no! Always go up the ladder!

0|0
    0|0
  • No they've been the same for a while

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope

0|1
    0|0
  • nope

0|1
    0|0
  • Did once. Bad mistake 😅

0|1
    0|0
  • No, it is dangerous for a man to do so.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah of course. My standards are low anyway

0|0
    0|0
  • No, i already know why I’m single now which is because I don’t put myself out there. I don’t think I’ll change my standards ever. I think my standards are reasonable and backed by logic.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never! It makes me turn up the notch.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, if anything i upgrade them

0|3
    0|0

Recommended myTakes