Is being shy a bad thing?

I have a very outgoing boyfriend and he is constantly talking to people (and having girls hit on him) and I'm just painfully shy I can barely talk to new people and get really nervous when I need to and I keep feeling like he can do better or I'm not giving him enough because he gets lots of invites to parties and group meetings and he often doesn't go because he knows I would hate it but whenever it try to be more outgoing I go ridiculously over the top and it comes off as weird is it worth looking for a medium? is there anything I can do to make my shyness effect him less and is being shy a bad thing

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Being shy isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it can impact our ability to communicate with others. Go slow, don't just jump into things. Do something like this:
    Day 1: Say hi to a stranger (or smile and nod)
    Day 2: Say hi to 2 strangers
    Etc...
    Day 10: Say hi to a person and start a small conversation (can be something simple like, "Hey, I love your shirt, where'd you get it?" That way you can just let them talk
    Day 11: 2 strangers...
    Etc..

We gain more confidence each time we do something and become more familiar with it, so go slow and work your way up

0|0
    0|0
    • 7d

So just walk up to two random people and say hi?

• Show All
    • 6d

Also is there a good way to turn down a guy I mean when I need to I kinda just ignore them until they leave me alone because I can't bring myself to tell them I don't like them is there a good way to do this

• 6d

I had a problem where I was nervous talking to people that's normal for me and a guy thought it was because I liked him and now I don't want to turn him down but I know I need to

• You gotta accept yourself for who you are. Let your boyfriend go to those gatherings by himself. If you are comfortable to go then go. If not, don't hold him back. Only let him stay if he wants to stay but give him the option to go. Extroverts love to talk and be around people and if you deprive him of that then it's like depriving a flame of oxygen.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Honestly, everyone's different mate. Just do your best, head out with him to some events and keep having decent, honest chats with each other. If he wants to go somewhere and you don't, maybe suggest that he could go on his own? So long as you trust each other and have a strong relationship, you have nothing to worry about. And if you don't trust each other that much, might be something to have a good, mature chat about. Best of luck mate.

0|0
    1|0
  • I’m telling you do notttt overthink it when it comes to talking to new people. Just be yourself, let yourself be free. and don’t feel insecure, he’s with you for a reason. Lastly, Don’t compare yourself to other people

0|0
    0|0
  • absolutely not! the world would be very boring if we were all the same. we need shy people to compliment the loud ones.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m super shy and I definitely don’t think being shy is a bad thing and as long as he’s ok with who you are and ok with you being so different from each other I think it’s completely fine

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it can be you never talk to the people you want to. You end up with people coming up to you, if you are fortunate you like them?

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

I love my boyfriend but its hard to keep up

• Show All
    • 4d

That episode was my first time, I lost my virginity and was drunk, didn't know about it. The second time with her she was the same neither of us knew what to do , had an idea. But over the years you get to know what she likes best for her it was oral. Not to keen on the penis , I'm not really but if you are wanting babies that she did later it had to be done...

• 4d

I'm not into oral

• Yes and No, My shyness stops me meeting people and meeting the one but it means when i come out of my shell, I am me.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is for me... I can't stand dealing with shy people, especially shy women.

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

I know its a bad thing I wish I wasn't like that

• Show All
    • 4d

it's because they shut down communication. It takes so much effort to get to know them, and they never feel comfortable speaking up about things, so every little thing becomes a hassle.

• 4d

I do this and hate that I do it

• It makes getting along difficult. I think Michael is a little shy but I love him.

0|0
    0|0
  • maybe you'd be better off with a less sociable guy

1|0
    0|0
    • 6d

I've though about this because I can't keep up with him in social situations and it does make me feel bad not being able to keep up of feeling like I'm holding him back

• 6d

never feel guilty because your not as outgoing as he is. i'm not really sociable either and it's alright to be different. i think you should think about how much fun it is to be with him and how much pressure being with him puts on you and then make up your mind. and keep in mind that you have other options than him. because there are a lot of us out there and guys like me prefer girls like you so relax

• no i kinda like shy people

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, i'm shy and it prevents me from many things

0|0
    0|0
  • Girl he cheating on you

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes