This guy friend keep joking about us being a couple, could that mean he's into me?

It's been two months since this guy started hanging out with my group, and suddenly he started joking, saying stuff like "Let's go on a date" and "She's mine", he always sits next to me and asks for my attention in a bold way, usually by teasing me. But about five months ago he was doing the same "dating joke" with another girl. Does that means he likes me? Or could it simply be his way of socializing and seeking attention?
PS: our friends already ship us, and they even told us so, but we laughed it off, but he keeps bringing it up.

34