This guy friend keep joking about us being a couple, could that mean he's into me?

It's been two months since this guy started hanging out with my group, and suddenly he started joking, saying stuff like "Let's go on a date" and "She's mine", he always sits next to me and asks for my attention in a bold way, usually by teasing me. But about five months ago he was doing the same "dating joke" with another girl. Does that means he likes me? Or could it simply be his way of socializing and seeking attention?
PS: our friends already ship us, and they even told us so, but we laughed it off, but he keeps bringing it up.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• He might like you and be feeling things out to see if you like him back. Do you?

0|0
    0|0
    • 3d

I do actually, but I realized I keep giving him mixed signals, only because he's on the same group of friends as me, and I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable if he wasn't into me and was only joking. So sometimes I flirt, other times I ignore him

• 3d

Flirt back a little more seriously. Let him know you’re into him too. Your friends already ship you...

• Yup! If he does it once, it's probably just a joke; but if he does it often such as when he did it here, he likes you. He's trying to gauge just how much you like him back by getting the idea in your head, and if you respond negatively, he'll drop his feelings; if he reacts positively, he can keep taking it a bit farther more and more, until he decides that you're interested and he wants to commit to winning you over.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sound's like he is fishing for a sign of receptiveness to know if it is ok to get closer. My educated guess would be that he is at least attracted and wants to become more than what you are now.

And I know that most people don't like to hear this, but premarital fornication makes commitment and harmony much less likely.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • He sounds weird to me

0|0
    0|0
  • Dude seems clingy and possessive

0|0
    0|0
  • I think he want friend with benefits