How do you handle a situation in which you can see your partner is clearly attracted to someone else?

My girlfriend and I were looking at new apartments today and this guy who was touring us around was a conventionally attractive dude. My girlfriends body language sort of shifted and she was playing with her hair a lot while she was talking to him etc. Just giving obvious signs of attraction: It made me a bit uncomfortable, but I do realize that she’s going to find other guys attractive. I just didn’t even really know how to react to it.
Updates:
4d
She wasn’t disrespectful and didn’t flirt. I could just tell she was attracted.
4d
Bump

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• From what I have read it’s been a couple of years in your relationship.

Firstly the relationship should be stable enough for you to discuss this.

No communication = doomed relationship.

Always.

Secondly, attraction to others is normal early on, after 6 years she should be emotionally attracted to you enough to not be attracted to others.

I think it ties together in that communication is not adequate

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess it only matters if you figure she'd act on it in the right situation. With that kind of body language, it seems likely she may. Maybe talk to get about it. Of course she's going to deny anything though so there may be no point.

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

It’s not as if she was opening an invitation. I could just tell she was attracted. Didn’t flirt or anything.

• Show All
    • 4d

I mean I’m putting myself in her shoes. If some very attractive girl was touring us i’m sure my body language would have changed a little too. She didn’t say anything to lead him on or anything that suggested interest.

• 2d

I don't think I act differently based on their looks unless I'm interested in something with them.

• Haha it's not easy having that gut feeling of insecurity or jealousy when it comes to your mate, I know. But one thing is to Trust your partner, when you have complete trust in your partner and I mean COMPLETE, which is tough, you'll feel a weight lifted. You won't feel like she'll run off with the next top model guy she sees over you or anything savvy?

Also learn to have fun with your mate as you would a bro you know. Like if she was playing with her hair and getting all hot and bothered by this guy, I would've joked around with her..."Honey you keep that up we just might walk out of here with a new apartment and no rent for 8 months" corny I know but something along those lines you know.

Good luck my dude... Relationships are never easy 😊

0|0
    0|0
  • That's disrespectful i wouldn't stay with a girl like that!

0|0
    0|0
  • My boyfriend is also so :/

0|0
    0|0
  • Follow pink anons advice if you want to look like an insecure chump. There is no reason to even bring this up. Just be vigilant. Also the fact that you've been together for a couple of years does not = stability. It equals her being more likely to be bored and ready to trade up.

I know a girl that ''loves her bf'' that she;s been with for 6 years. I had to tell her to keep her hands to herself!

All women are subconsciously, or consciously looking for a bigger better deal.

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

Yeah I kept it to myself

• How long have you guys been together?

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

Couple years

• Show All
    • 4d

Yeah, she’s a great girl. Very attractive and successful, and for some reason she loves me lol. borderline obsessed with me. I’d like to marry her. I just hate dealing with these insecurities. What my ex did really messed me up.

• 4d

Share your insecurities with her. I understand how damaged you are but its okay to me, its normal. All you need is time to heal from your past wounds.

Recommended myTakes