What advice would you give someone scared to get into a relationship?

Say you were talking to someone who has never kissed someone, been on a date (etc.) and is scared of getting into a relationship, what advice would you give them? What would you tell them if you found out that they wanted to date but didn't want to get hurt?

1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I'd question them first. . I'd first ask what it was about being in a relationship that scared them. Then I'd tailor my answer around their response

If it was because they feared being hurt, I'd tell them that there's no guarantees in love. No one can guarantee they'll never hurt you, but you have to just trust it'll work out , or you'll never be happy in a relationship. And your doubts will make your partner very unhappy. You have to love like it will last. And trust yourself to be strong enough to deal with the hurt if it fails.

We've all faced hurt in our lives, but you can't live your life in fear of being hurt. Life is too short to let fear prevent you from enjoying a happy fulfilling relationship. Instead of fearing being hurt, focus on the relationship lasting. Think positive thoughts. It's futile worrying about something that may never happen.

People who fear being hurt, are really actually afraid that they aren't storong enough to cope with that hurt if it fails. You need to have more faith in yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well the fear is justified, and someone inexperienced could get hurt much more.

tvtropes.org/.../TheFirstCutIsTheDeepest

0|0
    0|0
  • Hahahaha that person is totally me. If you can find a solution please share it with me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Anytime you get involved with someone, it can be scary, because you're giving a part of yourself to them, and it makes you vulnerable. On the other side, they're giving a part of themselves to you, so it goes both ways.

Think of your inner self as a castle. If you keep the gate closed and the drawbridge up, you'll be completely safe in there, but you'll be totally alone. If you open the gate, somebody might come in and trash the place, or they might come in, look around, and say, "Well, this is an interesting place, but it's not really for me", and walk out, or they might come in, and say, "I really love this place, and I'd like to stay and even help make it better!"

It's a risk, but the worst thing is to never take that risk, and end up regretting it later, because you're letting fear rule you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know that person is me. Every time i get attached to. Someone a part of me dies

0|0
    0|0
  • The moment your spidey senses tingle then dip and ride the waves

0|0
    0|0
  • Nobody wants to get hurt, but it's a risk that's ALWAYS there, no matter who you are or whom you're with. So you just have to take the risk. But "advice", keep your common sense. If something doesn't feel/seem right, don't brush it off or think "it'll change" or "get better". And communicate well! This is lacking so much most of the time.

1|0
    0|0
    • 6d

And as far as things like kissing etc, don't worry about it. It'll just happen and come naturally. And everyone kisses differently, so one person might think you're fantastic, another may not. Just do it the way you want and feel like.

Recommended myTakes