How do you date when it’s a depression trigger for you?

Everything goes great and fine and spirits are high when navigating the getting to know each other stage and going on a date or two.

But when it doesn’t work out, I find myself tending to spiral. It puts me in a slump for weeks, trending towards months if it’s particularly a bad parting.

This typically only happens when they’re the ones to cease contact, has never happened when I decided it won’t work out.

The obvious answer here is therapy, but for those of us who are broke, I was curious on if there are any tips and tricks for handling this?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Sounds like in the third sentence, you don't like rejection. Most people don't. It's normal to like rejection from someone we like. Having a healthy understanding and prescriptive on love and relationships is important. If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at, change.

0|0
    0|0
  • I find that going somewhere else for a few days helps. Just a little vacation to get away from the same old stuff for a weekend, or whatever.

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

I'm in a long distance relationship RN, because I simply don't have the emotional ability to handle an in-person relationship. I like it... it works for us... it's very comfortable...

• It's the same for me

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes