How do I deal with women saying I’m boring?

I’m 30 years old now and am currently trying to rebuild my life from square one. My last girlfriend after we broke up said I was a boring guy. What she didn’t understand is that the last dudes she was with all had financial stability and a lot of money. I was starting a career and supporting myself so I couldn’t afford to be going out constantly. That break up sent me on a downward spiral into depression and drug abuse. I’m now finally getting out of that and out of about 25k in credit card debt. Slowly I’m getting my mind right and feet back on the ground. Now the issue is girls are asking me to do things like go out on the weekends and I can’t afford it. They usually expect me to pay or drive an hour to go out. The problem is I don’t have the money to live like that. I actually do but if I choose to go out I’ll never be on my own again. I had to move in with my parents two years ago to sort my life out. It’s really hard because women say I’m boring for not going out but they don’t understand what I’m going through. It really hurts because I want to be doing these things but because of past mistakes I can’t. It really just brings back those lonely feelings and negative thoughts of myself. How do I handle someone calling me boring like this

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I think that you need to find ways in your daily life to do more interesting things. Like I'm absolutely too broke to do much of anything, but women still love me. The reason is that I'm an artist, and I put time and money into my passions. I can go out with her someplace fancy once a month, or whatever, but I have found good ways to stretch a buck and have those nice moments with her, regardless of my financial situation.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know if this is something you want to hear but maybe dating should take a backseat right now in your life. You’re right that a lot of women have these expectations although there are a few who don’t. It’s worth explaining your situation to them and seeing if they’re open to a less financially heavy date if you’re that interested.. but in my opinion I think it’s more important for you to get back on your feet and into a place where you CAN afford to do these things and it doesn’t become the big issue. Because right now it seems like that’s the only blocker for you. So just fix that, get it out of the way, and then you’ll be in a place to date however you want. Building yourself back up is hard.. and your self esteem doesn’t need to be constantly battered by rejections due to your money situation.

0|0
    0|0
  • Uhmm so manu girl likes guy with good sense humor (humorous)

0|0
    0|0
    • 6d

I’m funny but that has nothing to do with this particular issue

• Women just want the money and lifestyle be single and make some money modern women are such trash

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes