Would you date someone that doesn't like animals?

2244

Most Helpful Girls

• I major in sustainability because I want to take care of the planet for the people and the animals. In between semesters I work at the animal hospital as an assistant and I've worked on ranches taking care of horses for most of my life. I grew up obsessed knowing everything about every animal, i'd get so many book son them. So I can't say that I entirely dislike animals since I still take care of them (and get to know their needs) as I feel it is my responsibility/obligation as a human.

BUT I like animals from afar... I would never keep a pet in my living or sleeping area. Animals are disgusting, stinky little critters with scarily exposed genitalia and dirty poopoo paws! That's way too much germs, hair and responsibility to manage a caged-in animal in my own home. I literally need to refuse to marry or date anyone with pets that are required to live inside the home. lmaooo I'm a clean freak when it comes to my organized clothes, bed and white furniture. I just don't enjoy mixing work/community service with home luxury comforts... I need an entire mud room cleaning station, with it's own shoe rack full of house slippers (to avoid germ trailing) dedicated to people coming in and out of the house enough as it is...

I feel like I, personally, would be able to date someone that doesn't like animals since I already keep my appreciation for animals pretty separated from my personal daily life. I'm not even one to randomly pet a dog on the street- I don't even touch door knobs or shake hands.

• Okay, fair enough, I'm sure there are other people like you out there so good luck.

• Probably not. I am a animal lover and I could not go through life with no pets.

Most Helpful Guys

• I can't even understand how that's possible. To say you just dont like all animals in general is basically the same as telling me you are a soulless monster lol

Just look at that adorable trash panda

• Humans are animals.

That would mean they don't like you to begin with.

• This comment is so smart.. i will block you because your bs is just so unnecessary