Would you date someone that doesn't like animals?

Would you date someone that doesn't like animals?

1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I major in sustainability because I want to take care of the planet for the people and the animals. In between semesters I work at the animal hospital as an assistant and I've worked on ranches taking care of horses for most of my life. I grew up obsessed knowing everything about every animal, i'd get so many book son them. So I can't say that I entirely dislike animals since I still take care of them (and get to know their needs) as I feel it is my responsibility/obligation as a human.

BUT I like animals from afar... I would never keep a pet in my living or sleeping area. Animals are disgusting, stinky little critters with scarily exposed genitalia and dirty poopoo paws! That's way too much germs, hair and responsibility to manage a caged-in animal in my own home. I literally need to refuse to marry or date anyone with pets that are required to live inside the home. lmaooo I'm a clean freak when it comes to my organized clothes, bed and white furniture. I just don't enjoy mixing work/community service with home luxury comforts... I need an entire mud room cleaning station, with it's own shoe rack full of house slippers (to avoid germ trailing) dedicated to people coming in and out of the house enough as it is...

I feel like I, personally, would be able to date someone that doesn't like animals since I already keep my appreciation for animals pretty separated from my personal daily life. I'm not even one to randomly pet a dog on the street- I don't even touch door knobs or shake hands.

0|0
    1|0
    • Okay, fair enough, I'm sure there are other people like you out there so good luck.

• Probably not. I am a animal lover and I could not go through life with no pets.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I can't even understand how that's possible. To say you just dont like all animals in general is basically the same as telling me you are a soulless monster lol

Just look at that adorable trash panda

2|0
    0|0
  • Humans are animals.

That would mean they don't like you to begin with.

0|0
    0|0
    • This comment is so smart.. i will block you because your bs is just so unnecessary

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It's not a complete dealbreaker, but since I love animals, it would be a big turn-off.

0|0
    0|0
  • yea, that's a red flag to me...

0|0
    0|0
  • I just can't picture this...
    "I would love to fuck with you, but can you tell me if you like animals first?"

common, most of the time i have no clue!

0|1
    2|0
  • Definetly not! I love animals especially my cat and I wouldn't give up a cat for the world! Besides, im sure you can make them like animals if they really want to be with you... my boyfriend doesn't like cats, but loves the one I forced on him lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like anything that can and will cause pain to anything and that's what animals and humans do.
    So would i dage someone who didn't like animals yes all they need to make that a hella yea is hate humans.

Ps i do find some animals like cats cute, kinda like how i don't hate all humans like my friends.

0|0
    0|1
  • Yes, I would.
    I'm not particularly fond of animals other than cats, and I harbor a strong dislike for dogs, so I would prefer someone who is similarly inclined, or at least doesn't want a dog in their life.

0|0
    1|0
  • No, I would and could not date a woman who did not like animals
    That would be as large as a red flag could get.
    Cats and dogs sleep in my bed.
    I hand feed brushtail possums, kangaroos, wallabies, magpies, kookaburras, butcher birds, rainbow lorrikeets, scaly breasted lorrikeets, sulphur crested cockatoos.
    I have live and let live relationships with two goannas (2m and 1.5m), two carpet pythons (4m and 1.5m), sundry bush turkeys and the bearded dragons and ducks who live around my dam.

0|0
    0|0
  • It would be kind of weird but as long as they left my cat alone then I would not mind.

Animals such as cats or dogs, if raised well, are such innocent, loving creatures. It's fascinating to get along with a creature that does not understand you as a another person would but mostly through your body language and vocal tone.

Having a cat or dog sleep on you while you also cuddle up with a lover to sleep is the best by the way.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't hate animals, but where I'm coming from animals are pets, not friends or family. But people are friends or at least potential friends not enemies. I can respect people more who thinks the same way. I'd actually feel like I found my soulmate.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fuck no.

2|0
    0|0
  • No. Never trust people who don't like animals. Something's up with them.

2|0
    0|0
  • Do you not like animals? It doesn't bother me what someone's preferences are as long as their dislikes don't reflect on a negative personality. I'm not an animal person either but i don't dislike them.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on what you mean, if it's they don't want animals or if they actually hate animals. If they actually hate animals I ain't got no time for that.

0|0
    1|0
  • No. Animals should be everyone's major priority since so many species are going on the verge of extinction.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I have a dog and a cat, so it would be a deal breaker for me

1|0
    0|0
  • What does that mean exactly? They don't like to live with house pets? No big deal, I don't either.

0|0
    0|0
  • No way I love animals and I could never be with someone who'd hate my dog or cat or other animals I have.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would strongly prefer not to because I want him to love my cat like it’s his child

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I have two cats and probably a dog soon... I also want a horse and chickens. I love animals!

0|0
    0|0
  • No way, I love animals and have quite a few pets, I couldn't be with someone that hated animals and anyway what kind of weirdo hates animals?

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, I would have to pass. Animals are the greatest.

1|0
    0|0
  • Never would. I have 3... So you have to like animals to be my friend or mate.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. If you don't like animals, you don't have a soul. Period.

0|0
    0|1
  • As long as they didn't go out of their way to hurt them I wouldn't mind.

I could live without a pet.

0|0
    0|0
  • Humans are animals.

That would mean they don't like you to begin with.

0|0
    0|0
    • Smarty pants, humans are animals (really?) .. i know, I'm pretty sure you know the meaning behind my question!

• Yes. Because I'm not gonna fuck any animal with her

0|0
    1|1
  • Well if you love them then yes but if you don't then no I go get the animals that I want to have

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont like animals infact i am scared to go near them, kind of phobia

0|0
    0|0
  • It'd be a turn-off, but as long as they just don't like them, and not hate them, sure

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I have 5 dogs so if you don't like them it isn't going to work.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most likely not, since I already have 5 dogs and I don't plan on living my life without a pet

0|0
    0|0
  • No I don't like women that fear dogs. Makes me sick. I've seen it before huge turn off

0|0
    0|1
  • I would go out with someone that doesn't like animals but I would prefer it if they did

0|0
    0|0
  • Highly unlikely for me. The right guy for me WOULD like animals—at least "pet" kind of animals.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I have two cats. You don't like them then we can't get on

0|0
    0|0
  • No I love animals and have a cat, however I'm pro hunting

0|0
    1|0
  • I have a dog, so that´d be a dealbreaker

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope!!! Because I am an animal in bed. Lol