Can you cope with a busy partner?

You get less sex
You get less attention
You get less company from him or her
Can you really cope even though he or she loves you very much, and will never cheat on youCan you cope with a busy partner?

1|2

Most Helpful Girls

• I am coping with a busy partner right now, and have been for the past year. he's a police officer and spends about 60 hours a week at his job. We also live 30 minutes away from each other and I dont have a car, so seeing each other is a bitch. Our schedules are opposite, he works evenings and nights, I work days. This makes spending time together really rough if both of us dont have off on the same day for a while.

Its rough but the right person is worth it. I find that I can take comfort in the company of others, and that's an alright substitute for a little while. We talk on the phone every night and we text as often as possible.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I can. But we need to set up a time and date for us to bond and relax together despite the crazy schedules.. It's all about compromise

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• If she was being busy with something important like saving lives stoping climate change or something like that, I could be second. Otherwise I just wouldn't date a girl without any sort of meaning or use of her life. Seeking for a meaning is a meaning already, but doing some dead end shit for money is not my cup of tea... Thanks but no thanks.

1|0
    0|0
  • If i knew it was leading somewhere then i wouldn't be that bothered. As long as they found some time for me, even for a quick video call now and then. Ultimately they would have to be willing to prioritise our relationship as much as possible. As long as i could see they were making an effort i'd be content

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I mean I'm fairly busy myself so I get that not everyone can devote all day to their partner; it's called being an adult.

With that being said, it depends on how busy he is. As long as he's able to spend some time with me? That's fine. But if I never saw him or he put work over me, it wouldn't last long.

1|0
    0|0
  • I’m sorry but I feel like anyone with that attitude must be very needy in all the worst ways.
    Like... people do have lives to attend to OUTSIDE of the relationship. And i personally cannot deal with anybody who makes “us” the center of their entire world. Too dependent in my opinion.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd be okay about it if he worked away, or worked long hours. But not if he just wouldn't make time for me , and spent most of his free time doing a hobby and with friends.

1|0
    0|0
  • If someone likes you they'll make time for you. But in order to get a woman to like you, it's necessary to not like her. So either you have to be too busy for her, or she will quickly become too busy for you.

1|0
    0|0
    • It's fucked up that a woman liked this comment. Like do y'all know your emotionally manipulative and are looking for traits of emotionally manipulative men?

• No. I need affection and attention when I need it. It's not often, but whenever it is, I must have it. I cannot do without. People tend to compare it to a cat.

1|0
    0|0
  • No.
    She wouldn't be my type.

Since quality time is my top love language I wouldn't be happy with her.

2|0
    0|0
    • Not sure if my opinion is welcome or not, but here goes!

Quality time is both me and my boyfriends top love language, and we both stay really busy. What keeps us going is knowing that the other person values quality time enough that each of us will go out of our way pretty often to spend even a little bit of time together. When we both have a day off, we're with each other the whole time. We make it a point to get lunch together at least once a week, and we make sure to call and text as often as we can.

How would you feel about a situation like that?

• If I could somehow know they were being faithful and we still made the most of the time we had together, and he had good reason for being busy, then I’d deal with it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Basically the situation im in right now. And even that is kinda to much

My ideal situation would be where we both have our own lives but meetup say once a month

But ofc thay situation would never happen

1|0
    0|0
  • I'll get myself busier so I won't notice as much. On the other hand sometimes the partner is not that busy but less interested so better be careful where to draw the line

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind a busy partner nor do I need lots attention, but the less sex is a deal breaker big time.

1|1
    0|0
  • If they truly love you then the little time you do get to spend together will be really special and make all the time apart worth it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course. I dated a busy person who fit me in where they could. It didn’t bother me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope I’m the jealous type.

Tho seriously, if you love someone very much, then you should ask yourself HOW you can cope when they are not around.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Business will end. Then we still have each other.

1|0
    0|1
  • I'm having that problem, we haven't spent time together alone in weeks

2|0
    0|0
  • Yea. I'm not so special that I come before their dreams.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's possible. I think a topic for discussion as long as it does not ruin the relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • i honestly can't
    It's better i find someone else who is more available

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes absolutely, it would suck I'm sure but I'm not gonna be selfish about it

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on how they use their time together that they share

1|0
    0|0
  • That's ideal lol. I see you once a month then goodbye for another month of freedom 😂

1|0
    0|0
  • Why does that lady have no neck? I'm scared.

1|0
    0|0
  • No that doesn't ever work

1|0
    0|0
  • I can't

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

1|0
    0|0
  • Never. There is a lot of fish in the sea...

1|1
    1|0
  • Suree

1|0
    0|0
  • Yess I can cope with that

1|0
    0|0
  • depends how much working hours are being worked

1|0
    0|0
  • Never