Have you ever dated someone who was once a platonic friend? Did it work out?

917

Most Helpful Girls

• All of my romantic relationships started on the base of friendship.

(Unrelated but I hate when people complain about getting friend zoned 😐 sometimes that’s just how it has to be in order for the next step to come)

First relationship did not work out but it had nothing to do with our transition into being a couple.

Second relationship did work out. We broke up eventually. Had nothing to do with our transition into being a couple.

Third relationship kind of worked out 😬😬😬 we broke up. Sort of had a little to do with our transition into being a couple.

• Almost everyone of my relationships so far resulted out of friendships... Obviously I can't say that it worked out with my exes (since they are exes :P) but it seems to work out with my boyfriend. We were friends for at least 4-5 years prior to getting in a relationship together and we work out quite perfectly since over 4 years 😊

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes I did. Friends for years. Mostly online after high school. We had a lot in common and they seemed like more then I could ever wish for. However I soon realized why their past relationships failed and why their relationships after me still fail. The person I thought I knew all those years was not who I thought they were.

We're no longer friends, we no longer talk at all. We've blocked each other completely.

• Yes I did. No it didn't. We haven't had any contact or seen each other for sometime, as she and I live far away from each other.
    When the 5 year relationship ended, so did 21 years of friendship. That was 6 months ago. I'm Still sorting out myself for my part.