Have you ever dated someone who was once a platonic friend? Did it work out?

0|2

Most Helpful Girls

• All of my romantic relationships started on the base of friendship.

(Unrelated but I hate when people complain about getting friend zoned 😐 sometimes that’s just how it has to be in order for the next step to come)

First relationship did not work out but it had nothing to do with our transition into being a couple.

Second relationship did work out. We broke up eventually. Had nothing to do with our transition into being a couple.

Third relationship kind of worked out 😬😬😬 we broke up. Sort of had a little to do with our transition into being a couple.

0|2
    0|0
  • Almost everyone of my relationships so far resulted out of friendships... Obviously I can't say that it worked out with my exes (since they are exes :P) but it seems to work out with my boyfriend. We were friends for at least 4-5 years prior to getting in a relationship together and we work out quite perfectly since over 4 years 😊

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes I did. Friends for years. Mostly online after high school. We had a lot in common and they seemed like more then I could ever wish for. However I soon realized why their past relationships failed and why their relationships after me still fail. The person I thought I knew all those years was not who I thought they were.

We're no longer friends, we no longer talk at all. We've blocked each other completely.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I did. No it didn't. We haven't had any contact or seen each other for sometime, as she and I live far away from each other.
    When the 5 year relationship ended, so did 21 years of friendship. That was 6 months ago. I'm Still sorting out myself for my part.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yes... It didn't work out after he cheated on me..

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm dating a childhood friend right now, it's going amazing. I honestly don't know how we didn't end up together before this

3|2
    0|0
  • Yes, and not just once, but three times. The first time, with someone I'd been friends with in college, the relationship lasted a little less than a year. The second time, we ended up with a long marriage - though that eventually failed. The third time was with my current girlfriend and we're still together after several years.

So overall my experience has been that it works pretty well. I think the advantage of having that friendship first is that you already know each other reasonably well before starting dating. If there were red flags or obvious issues, you wouldn't even start dating, so I think that might increase the chances of it working.

0|2
    0|0
  • Sure, my girlfriend and I were friends before moving on to a romantic relationship.

0|2
    0|0
  • My few relationships have been based on friendship first, though not deep friendship.

I recognize is difficult though.

0|2
    0|0
  • I think this is the best way to do it,. Why date someone you haven't gotten to know as a friend first?

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes and it worked
    She's now my wife and tbh I think it was an opportunity

0|2
    0|0
  • Nope I don't believe in purely platonic relationships..

0|2
    0|0
  • Yes, she was my best friend for years until, almost out of nowhere, she wanted to be much more than that. We split up 2 years later.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I have dated someone like that. We ended up going to homecoming having sex and then she broke up with me a month later.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes we were casual friends. Dated for 4 years but he sucked.

0|1
    0|0
  • Never have. If I spend a significant amount of time with a woman that means I to be naked with her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Me and my girlfriend were friends for many years before ever dating and it has worked out great so far.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes dint work out we dint have enough incomn with each other

0|1
    0|0
  • Funny... like half or more than half the guys out there "befriend" girls just for the chance of dating them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I did once, and it was a horrible mistake.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope, should have.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. Nope. I wish I never dated any of my exes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. Nope.

0|1
    0|0
  • Never dated

0|1
    0|0
  • nope since most of my friends are taken

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, sure. That’s all I did in high school and some relationships were great.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes