What is the widest age gap you would be fine with for a partner?

Wanna see if there is change in attitude between genders. And Ages. Comment down below with what your actual age limit is for both side of the question (younger and older)
  • 5 or more years older
    Vote A
  • 5 or less years older
    Vote B
  • 5 or less years younger
    Vote C
  • 5 or more years younger
    Vote D
  • Same age
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• My boyfriend is 12 and a half years older than me, and it works because our maturity levels are around the same, I've always felt older than I am and we are going through similar situations in life. Because of my maturity, I don't think I could date anymore than 2-3 years younger, but its hard to judge as often it completely depends on the people involved, i. e. their maturity, situation in life and interests.

I knew I wanted to date older, but didn't anticipate falling in love with someone 12 years older, it literally just happened, but he was similar to me in many respects. If he had been married before or had children I wouldn't have pursued it purely for the fact that those things are completely different life experiences.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 24. I'm not really into big age gaps. ยฑ2 years would be fine. More than that and people start to be in a very different situation in life, which I don't want in a partner. Of course if the person otherwise had everything, age wouldn't be a deal breaker. The age gap I prefer is just due to past experiences.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I don't find people much more than 5 years younger than me to be as interesting as people close to my own age. I don't want someone older because I really want any future partner to outlive me this time. (I know this is pretty selfish, but I'm a bit of a mess right now and can't imagine going through that again.)

0|0
    0|0
  • Really depends on the person, but if pressed for a number, I'd say around 20 years difference.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• My current boyfriend is a year and a half younger than me. But I wouldn't go any younger than that, older though id say 5 years or less

0|0
    0|0
  • I always liked older guys. The seem more mature and gives me the feeling of security for some reason. I could date someone up to 12 years older but not more. I think my top is around 37 38

0|0
    0|0
  • The largest age gap I've had in dating was 13 years older. Not to say I wouldn't go that far again (for the right connection) but ideally I'd say I'm looking for someone about 3 to 5 years older, give or take a few.

0|0
    0|0
  • +/- 8 years. I'm 51 and retire at 58. I'd hate to be retired for years while she is still not able to retire.

0|0
    0|0
  • When I was 15 I dated a 25 year old, so I guess that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'll always go as low as 18.

I mean I'm not any more mature now than I was at 18, and they say girls mature faster. ๐Ÿ˜œ

0|0
    0|0
  • 10 years plus/minus generally speaking. Depends on the person.

0|1
    0|0
  • Totally depends on my age.
    I just turned 22, so I would max out at 29.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know, but from dating experience: between 2 years younger and 8 years older for me

0|0
    0|0
  • For a partner? Not too extreme a difference. For a fling, pretty much anything is fine. So 12 if we're in international waters...

0|0
    0|0
  • 5 years younger or older. That gives me a 10 years range. 35-45... I turn 42 this Summer... seems fairly reasonable.

0|0
    0|0
  • 10 - 1yr younger. I'd never date anyone older than me. F- THAT. Know it alls.

0|1
    0|0
  • At my age i wouldn't date anyone more than 2 years older

1|0
    0|0
    • tell that to the freshmans dating college guys at my school. lowkey they be dating pedos. yuck!

• +/- 2 years would be about as big a gap as Iโ€™d want in a serious relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • Less than 27 currently. Sometimes age isn't all that big a factor. I guess it depends

0|0
    0|0
  • Iโ€™ve been with cougars as much as 15 years older when I was younger and my current girlfriend is 31

0|0
    0|0
  • My boyfriend is about 8 years older. So I'll say up to 10 years older.

0|0
    0|0
  • 25 years at most, I am 25 years old and I won't date anyone above 50

0|0
    0|0
  • I habitually date women around 30, so 5 or more is fine with me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Iโ€™d be down to date someone 15 years older than me ngl but Iโ€™m underage soooooo

0|0
    0|0
  • 12 years younger to 15 years older. I'm fine with either.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its up to the girl if she would like an older Daddy as long as she is legal age

0|0
    0|0
  • 20 minemum IF and only of she acts older, an max 30 if and only of she looks younger

0|0
    0|0
  • 5-8 years older no years younger tho

1|1
    0|0
  • I can date older I can not date younger...

0|0
    0|0
  • 5 up and ZERO back.

0|0
    0|0
  • Iโ€™m 48, my boyfriend is 42.

1|0
    0|0
  • Right now like 2 or 3 years๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜…

0|0
    0|0
  • My girlfriend is 25 years younger.

0|1
    0|0
  • 2-3 years older than me

0|0
    0|0
  • Would prefer them to be 5 or more years younger.

0|0
    0|0
  • 15 years older.

0|0
    0|0
  • 5 years older than me

0|0
    0|0
  • I have no Idea I am single will see one day

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 67 and my SO will be 24 in March.

0|1
    0|0
  • No more then 5 years either way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Right now the same age๐Ÿ˜‚

0|0
    0|0
  • 3-4 minus!๐Ÿ˜‚

0|0
    0|0
  • 40 years old.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe 10 years older, 4 years younger.

0|0
    0|0
  • 5 years and under. My man is 3yrs above me

0|0
    0|0
  • 3 years older or younger

0|0
    0|0
  • 5 years older or younger

0|0
    0|0
    • But not right now, right now 2 or 3 is the maximum age gap. I can't date am 8yo lol

• Same age or near enough

0|0
    0|0
  • 5 or less years older or younger

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably 6 years

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes