Why do people use dating sites?

Wouldn’t you rather meet them in real life? They could b robots or something
Updates:
I’ve already tried long distance with a guy. I broke up with him and we did “go out” for a long time. He only FaceTime me like 3 times our entire relationship and he only called me like 5 times.

He said he was gonna see me in August and assured me the relationship would get better. It’s more to the story but I don’t wanna make it too much of a rant. I just wasn’t feeling him anymore.

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• I’ve used a dating app before and think it’s great. I’m fairly busy throughout the week and because of that, I haven’t met many guys that I would want to date. With a dating profile, you can sort of weed through the single men in your area and find someone you can vibe with. There are likely some bots and fake profiles out there, and of course common sense and critical thinking helps to determine if the person you matched with is who they say they are. If we matched on an app, I’d make sure to go on a date somewhere in public after having chatted with the person for a while in the app and/or talking on the phone at least once.

1|0
    0|1
    • See I have no problem going on dates. I just don’t have much transportation options because my parents still drive me around and I don’t have a license yet. If I had a car, I would be doing my own thing LoL

• Show All
    • Yea, starting a relationship with distance between you two is really hard. There’s the saying, “out of sight, out of mind” and that seems to apply to your case.
      If he didn’t even try to reach out when we was near you, he might just like the attention he is getting from you without actually wanting more of the relationship. That sucks, especially since you sound so sweet. I hope you find a better guy for you who will put more effort into seeing you... just let this relationship continue to fizzle out if he isn’t at least trying to reach out.

• Oh I already broke it off with him. It’s just so funny how he says he loves me and that he wants to see me so badly but he didn’t initiate to see me. I don’t even have a car and I was STILL willing to see him! He would also randomly give me attitude and say “Oh I just want to see you in person already.” Like boy... u already had ur chance to see me and u didn’t do it.

If u can’t make time to see me then what the fuck is the purpose of being in a long distance relationship or having a girlfriend at all that is?

• Because it reminds them of online shopping. They like something so they swipe on it. Hour later a nice items comes up so they forget about the first one.
    It's sad, actually.
    One girl I know wanted to boost her ego so she set up fake online profile. She finished her pictures with filters and such, her coworkers wrote her profile and she was getting tons of messages. She had no intentions of meeting anyone. She just wanted attention.
    Whenever I think of online dating I think of what she did. It's just sick.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Online, waist of time for me.

All I met was in reality.

Online to many unknowns, and that connection, chemistry only possible in reality. Girls tend to put phoshoped pics or at the best angles, when in reality she is below average or a man.

1|0
    0|0
    • I’m sorry but I laughed out loud when u said below average 😂

• Show All
    • I'm saying it never worked for me, there probably is somebody for who it worked.

• Yes of course

• To widen their potential dating pool, meet better people, or to meet someone who they wouldn't meet or approach in person.

I have always preferred to meet s girlfriend in 3D

3|1
    0|0
    • The first thing to do after establishing mutual interest online is to arrange a meeting. No texting/phoning/emailing for days or weeks. Then you can meet them in 3D before you waste a lot of time.

• @slatyb; Absolutely, but it didn't even get to that point with women I met online who lived locally.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Probably because they didn't meet what they want in real life eye to eye partners, so start using other methods to find one

1|1
    0|0
  • Easier to talk to and get to know cause a lot of people are afraid to approach and so many people have turned to that it's hard to meet people in every day activities women usually dont want to be approached when they are shopping or running errands witch is when you will most likely see a person you would want to talk to

1|1
    0|0
  • Convenience, but yes. I've just started using an app called happn, which let's you swipe on girls that cross your path recently or are close, which is what I want. "Hey, your hot. Let's meet up." "You're hot too. I'd love to meet you. Where at?" That's how I expect this app to work. But there's not many people on the app because I don't see people come up often.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because I'm not going to waste gas driving everywhere just to meet women. I'd rather stay casual with online dating, then meet face-to-face when I'm comfortable.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because, Now it's easier to find dates on sites and apps and it increases your odds when you add them to your dating routine.

1|0
    0|0
    • Okay so then you actually meet her in person and date from there? I don’t understand how do they work..

• Dating sites are for desperate people. I tried it out of curiosity and it felt wrong and weird. I like meeting women the natural way in person.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because we now have access to technology and internet to find people with similar interests. They talk there, they meet after and see from there

1|0
    0|0
    • Okay but what if she doesn’t want to meet you? Is it like an ego boost at that point then?

• That looks more like an ego crush

• TLDR: Alcoholics.
    It's not that I care that you (my potential mate, not YOU specifically) drink the entire bar, it's that I can't drink, therefore can't engage in the same activities as you, and therefore cannot bond with you due to my health issues.
    Also, anxiety in general.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it broadens one's own dating pool, and it's an avenue to meet people you're potentially compatible with that you probably otherwise wouldn't cross paths with in real life. It's also good if you're traveling somewhere or just moved to a new area where you don't really know anybody, but want to try dating or hooking up

0|0
    0|0
  • Because when it comes to the opposite sex I'm a chicken shit too afraid to talk to most girls

1|0
    0|0
  • People go out less and less these days and girls are especially less friendly to strangers now, so some feel it's the only way when it's a waste of time.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't really do online dating but everyone I cross paths with in the outside world is taken.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because they are have troubles with first impressions, are predators, are hiding a secret, or they are lazy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Faster, more convenient, greater selection, and higher success rate per person met as you know if you match or not from the start.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would but there are a lot of complications in the real world nowadays especially because of feminism. Dating sites are easy!

1|0
    0|0
  • They're better than speed dating because you can choose who you want to see.

1|0
    0|0
  • It is from the Cozy Comfort from One's Living Space. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • How is using a dating site not meeting people in real life? You have to meet the in real life before you can call it dating.

0|0
    0|0
    • Because in real life it’s face to face. Online anyone can put up a pic or use a fake name and say they are someone that they’re not.

• Show All
    • Yes, I understand you. There are plenty of sites that are scams. And many, many scammers out there taking advantage of people.

It is amazing how people still fall for the Nigerian prince scam.

• You’d be surprised how gullible some people can be.

• Power Trip. No reason to go on a dating site or app than to find shallow people. Yes it would be better to meet people in daily life.

1|0
    0|0
  • If I had friends and a social life then yes I’d prefer to meet guys in person. But with neither of those going for me, I must rely on meeting people from online.

0|0
    0|0
  • These are my reasons:
    I didn't want to date through friends
    I don't meet enough people (available men) in real life
    I'm not social enough to go to events by myself in order to meet people.

0|0
    0|0
  • Technically for dating but most people just either use it for sex or for attention.
    90% people there aren't serious about relationships.

1|0
    0|0
  • Too lazy to go find people out in the real world. Or on the hunt for a hook up

1|0
    0|1
  • You live in a place with no good ways to be social and meet new people.

0|0
    0|0
  • Meet them where? I would never have met my wife without match. com. I was divorced and did not have a large circle of friends. The people I did know were either already married or older. I agree that online dating is largely unnecessary for outgoing 20-somethings. It's a huge help to people who have difficulty initiating conversations with strangers, or are searching for something uncommon (e. g. someone with minority religious beliefs). I was looking for someone secular in a largely Christian city.

0|0
    0|0
  • Perhaps, in a large country that's sensible. Only to find someone to meet, I don't think conversing only through the internet will be enough.

0|0
    0|0
  • l don't use them full of germs and cheats and lots of baggage

1|0
    0|0
  • Futility is the greatest game of all for some peeps.

0|0
    0|0
  • You should try looking at guys who live locally to you.

Simples...

0|0
    0|0
  • LDR's are a total joke but your shitting on meeting people online?

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it's hard to find someone genuine

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know, i personally dont use it

1|0
    0|0
  • Bc they can't find love around the corner

1|0
    0|0
  • Because many don't have other options.

0|0
    0|0
  • To play video games

0|0
    0|0
  • Dating apps allow you to connect to more people.

0|0
    0|0
  • For sex or money... or both...

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont know I wouldn't use a dating site

0|0
    0|0
  • Sex, mainly

0|0
    0|0
  • I am very very shy. Real life is impossible.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've asked the same thing

0|0
    0|0
  • It's good entertaining fun...

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know it’s cool

0|0
    0|0
  • #Metoo #BelieveAllWomen #KillAllMen System against men. Any guy that would even consider dating today he would have to be completely insane.

0|1
    0|0
  • Would I rather meet them in real life, yes, but where? I could never find them. Plus with online, you can find out a bunch of things without having to ask (like if they are even single and looking to begin with).

Having said that, I've never had any real success with online dating sites/apps. They are a total waste of time in my opinion. Especially for guys. I've only actually met 2-3 women (from years of trying), and nothing came of any of them.

0|0
    0|0
  • They find it easier than dating irl

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes