Why do people use dating sites?

Wouldn’t you rather meet them in real life? They could b robots or something
Why do people use dating sites?
Why do people use dating sites?
I’ve already tried long distance with a guy. I broke up with him and we did “go out” for a long time. He only FaceTime me like 3 times our entire relationship and he only called me like 5 times.

He said he was gonna see me in August and assured me the relationship would get better. It’s more to the story but I don’t wanna make it too much of a rant. I just wasn’t feeling him anymore.

1535

Most Helpful Girls

• I’ve used a dating app before and think it’s great. I’m fairly busy throughout the week and because of that, I haven’t met many guys that I would want to date. With a dating profile, you can sort of weed through the single men in your area and find someone you can vibe with. There are likely some bots and fake profiles out there, and of course common sense and critical thinking helps to determine if the person you matched with is who they say they are. If we matched on an app, I’d make sure to go on a date somewhere in public after having chatted with the person for a while in the app and/or talking on the phone at least once.

• See I have no problem going on dates. I just don’t have much transportation options because my parents still drive me around and I don’t have a license yet. If I had a car, I would be doing my own thing LoL

• Yea, starting a relationship with distance between you two is really hard. There’s the saying, “out of sight, out of mind” and that seems to apply to your case.
      If he didn’t even try to reach out when we was near you, he might just like the attention he is getting from you without actually wanting more of the relationship. That sucks, especially since you sound so sweet. I hope you find a better guy for you who will put more effort into seeing you... just let this relationship continue to fizzle out if he isn’t at least trying to reach out.

• Oh I already broke it off with him. It’s just so funny how he says he loves me and that he wants to see me so badly but he didn’t initiate to see me. I don’t even have a car and I was STILL willing to see him! He would also randomly give me attitude and say “Oh I just want to see you in person already.” Like boy... u already had ur chance to see me and u didn’t do it.

If u can’t make time to see me then what the fuck is the purpose of being in a long distance relationship or having a girlfriend at all that is?

• Because it reminds them of online shopping. They like something so they swipe on it. Hour later a nice items comes up so they forget about the first one.
    It's sad, actually.
    One girl I know wanted to boost her ego so she set up fake online profile. She finished her pictures with filters and such, her coworkers wrote her profile and she was getting tons of messages. She had no intentions of meeting anyone. She just wanted attention.
    Whenever I think of online dating I think of what she did. It's just sick.

Most Helpful Guys

• Online, waist of time for me.

All I met was in reality.

Online to many unknowns, and that connection, chemistry only possible in reality. Girls tend to put phoshoped pics or at the best angles, when in reality she is below average or a man.

• I’m sorry but I laughed out loud when u said below average 😂

• I'm saying it never worked for me, there probably is somebody for who it worked.

• Yes of course

• To widen their potential dating pool, meet better people, or to meet someone who they wouldn't meet or approach in person.

I have always preferred to meet s girlfriend in 3D

• The first thing to do after establishing mutual interest online is to arrange a meeting. No texting/phoning/emailing for days or weeks. Then you can meet them in 3D before you waste a lot of time.

• @slatyb; Absolutely, but it didn't even get to that point with women I met online who lived locally.