I'm nervous to meet my boyfriend's parents?

My boyfriend and I have been together since the end of August and we've had a pretty good relationship. I'm not going to say we are perfect because we aren't, no one is. So we have been together for 6/7 months and we are finally doing the whole 'meet the parents' thing.

But I'm Black and he's White. I'm not trying to play the race card however it's harder for a Black women to be accepted to a White man's family. I'm really nervous that they won't like me due to my race however I really do like my boyfriend. He's met my mum numberous of times and she likes him. She doesn't care about his race.

Plus my boyfriend's family is your typical white rich posh family (not trying to be sterotypical but it is) which makes me even more nervous that I won't get accepted.

1014

Most Helpful Guy

• I think all of us have been frightened to meet partners parents but I think it's nice that he wants to introduce you to his parents it certainly shows his serious and committed to you so don't think of the scared and serve it think of the joy when you think about him thinking about you in that way that he he wants you to be his girlfriend for a long time surely that's reassuring enough to go through a bit of awkwardness I hope you make it as a couple

Most Helpful Girls

• It's normal to be nervous (race issues aside). I read in some comments that they know about you, so I assume they know the fact that you're black. So it's pretty safe to say they WANT to know you. Talk it out with your boyfriend! I'm sure he'll comfort you by saying you have nothing to worry about. And if the case is, it IS a problem, well, it's their loss. It's them who are wrong... So, just go, be yourself, have fun, enjoy it!

• I'm black married to a white guy. My advice is say as little as possible but be polite. Don't force others to like you it will come naturally.