How do you keep faith in today's dating climate?

An anonymous question Would you rather be cheated on once and keep a relationship? Or dumped just to have your partner get with the other person anyway? ā†— got me thinking this. At least one of these two situations in that question seems to be the fate of the vast majority of relationships. And it seems like who ever cares the least wins, such that our partners who give so much to us become just a means to an end for "me". It just seems counter intuitive.

https://youtu.be/6wEptJUd7P4

112

Most Helpful Guy

• No faith that anything can last. I put my heart into it lasting for a long time of course, but I also try to be mentally prepared that it can end at anytime.

People take this "I don't care" attitude about everything. Whenever anything is bad they deflect with "IDC." Really it's a commitment to not care rather than a genuine statement of not caring. Statements like "it's their loss" is obviously deflection. If you were actually paying attention you would have noticed that you lost something too when that thing you wanted to happen didn't. Even if they "lost" more, you still didn't get the outcome you where hoping for so why can't you just acknowledge that? ... because people are dumb.

Women seem a little more prone to this, but really so many people do it. There are situation where not caring is actually relevant, but people tend not to use it in those circumstances. They say they don't care when they *want* to not care, when they want to not hear the things the'yre hearing or deal with what's in front of them.

Love Alfsvoid by the way. She's such a dad.

• Right šŸ˜‚ Absolutely love Alfsvoid

and I agree with the points you make here, thanks for commenting

Most Helpful Girl

• You have to look for people in the right places. I was lucky enough to find a great guy first try. I know that isn't the case for everyone, what you really need to do is not settle. My best friends dates exclusively assholes, and she hates it, but she jumps at the first guy that gives her any attention. Have standards and don't let them slip.