Is it a red flag if your partner's friends are single and mostly of the opposite sex?

Is it a red flag?
Is it a red flag?
  • Yes (leave comment)
  • No (leave comment)
  • Maybe (leave comment)
    Vote C

1420

Most Helpful Girls

• Of course not. You're friends with people because you get along with them, and that doesn't change when they're single or of the opposite sex. If your partner wanted to be with one of their single friends, then they probably wouldn't be in relationship with you, right?

I study in a field that's 80% male, so the friends I have a university are almost all men, and most of them conform to the 'hopeless with women' stereotype, and are therefore single. My boyfriend is in a mostly female field, therefore has female friends and of course some of them are single. It would be really weird for either of us to consider that a red flag.

• Hmm I never thought of it as a negative. I don’t believe in the myth that men & women are sexually starved animals unable to form connections with each other without an orgasm being their motive. So personally it wouldn’t strike me as something to be concerned with.

Most Helpful Guys

• When I was dating in younger I had a lot of female friends and was in the friendzone a lot. It's nice to get to know a woman without the trappings of a relationship because you're already in one.

I learned more about women from my friends then from my relationships in some sense

• That is nice and all but the question is really should she trust you hanging out with Liz, Beth, and Amy anymore then Joe, Tom, and Harry?

• Yes. Unless it looks like he's a player. And kind of depends on the hangout. Alcohol and good decisions don't mix of course.

• Not necessarily. Maybe she went tti school and worked in a field where the overwhelming majority of people tree are men. For example, when I was taking a calculus based physics chalked, out of 200 students, only ~10 were women.

• Answer the question again without the one off scenario.

• I think most people trust their partner but it's the friends they hang with that they don't trust. Is the partner seeking that opposite sex internal validation from another kind of feeling. I think hanging a few times with them and the friends will tell you everything you need to know. I don't know for sure.. never been in that situation.

• I think I'm in the same situation because I've braver dated a woman like that. Every one I'd them had an overwhelming majority of girl friends, and the few guy friends aren't very close, Anne they usually kuow them through school or work.