Is it a red flag if your partner's friends are single and mostly of the opposite sex?

Is it a red flag?
Is it a red flag?
  • Yes (leave comment)
    Vote A
  • No (leave comment)
    Vote B
  • Maybe (leave comment)
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Girls

• Of course not. You're friends with people because you get along with them, and that doesn't change when they're single or of the opposite sex. If your partner wanted to be with one of their single friends, then they probably wouldn't be in relationship with you, right?

I study in a field that's 80% male, so the friends I have a university are almost all men, and most of them conform to the 'hopeless with women' stereotype, and are therefore single. My boyfriend is in a mostly female field, therefore has female friends and of course some of them are single. It would be really weird for either of us to consider that a red flag.

4|2
    0|0
  • Hmm I never thought of it as a negative. I don’t believe in the myth that men & women are sexually starved animals unable to form connections with each other without an orgasm being their motive. So personally it wouldn’t strike me as something to be concerned with.

1|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• When I was dating in younger I had a lot of female friends and was in the friendzone a lot. It's nice to get to know a woman without the trappings of a relationship because you're already in one.

I learned more about women from my friends then from my relationships in some sense

0|0
    0|0
    • That is nice and all but the question is really should she trust you hanging out with Liz, Beth, and Amy anymore then Joe, Tom, and Harry?

• Yes. Unless it looks like he's a player. And kind of depends on the hangout. Alcohol and good decisions don't mix of course.

• Not necessarily. Maybe she went tti school and worked in a field where the overwhelming majority of people tree are men. For example, when I was taking a calculus based physics chalked, out of 200 students, only ~10 were women.

0|0
    0|0
    • Answer the question again without the one off scenario.

• Show All
    • I think most people trust their partner but it's the friends they hang with that they don't trust. Is the partner seeking that opposite sex internal validation from another kind of feeling. I think hanging a few times with them and the friends will tell you everything you need to know. I don't know for sure.. never been in that situation.

• I think I'm in the same situation because I've braver dated a woman like that. Every one I'd them had an overwhelming majority of girl friends, and the few guy friends aren't very close, Anne they usually kuow them through school or work.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yeah, definitely. FWBs or other sorts of casual arrangements.

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe. He might be a player.

3|4
    0|0
  • Yep. They better be like a freakin sister to you who you find gross to look at. Otherwise we can't be together 🤷‍♀️

1|5
    0|0
  • Nope. It would be hypocritical of me to do so. Some men get along with women better, some women get along with men better. Not a big deal.

I don't filter myself and I scared away EVEN some guys with my crude language (I don't cuss, I just say things as they are, without sugarcoating, sometimes sexual puns as well). I have met women who like the way I am, but in a group of girls, I'm kinda the unofficial guy.

0|2
    0|0
  • Depends on the reason why this happened. A female working in a male dominated field would have more male friends than a female in a female dominated field and same goes for males. What I would find weird is if he didn't get along with other men.

2|0
    0|0
    • You are stating the obvious. I am talking about a normal guy or girl who have no reasons as you mentioned to have all female or male single friends.

• That's a red flag. But it doesn't mean it has to be an issue...

1|1
    0|0
    • How does it not become an issue?

• If you realise they're strictly friends...

It would make me raise an eyebrow, but I would trust her...

• Not for me, no. I wouldn't have started a relationship with the guy in the first place if I wasn't sure that I can trust him. And if I trust someone I couldn't care less if he hangs out with men, women or horses on a daily basis. Friends are friends and it's not up to me as a romantic partner to try to forbid a friendship.

0|0
    0|0
  • No not at all. I'm bi and I have male and female friends, all of whom are single. Doesn't mean I'm gonna cheat on my partner and sleep with any of them. Why would you date someone you don't trust? If you think the only way to be sure they are faithful is to limit their contact with the sex they are attracted to, you don't trust them. So either they are untrustworthy or you have control/trust issues that need to be worked on.

0|0
    0|0
  • I honestly could care less what friends she may have. Male, female, I could care less as long as she is loyal. I understand they'll have their girl or guy friends, as long as she remains loyal and they don't cause problems for me, I have no qualms with her friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on their behavior. If their friend happens to be am individuals who try to persuade them to do things that they would not approve of themselves, then that would mean their friends are a bad influence. Then it's a no go because their influence could effect our relationship. (I know this experience first had. The only difference was my ex-girlfriend's friend was a lesbian and our roomate) so even she tried to sleep with her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Possibly something annoying but not so worrisome...

When this happens we can probably assume the person is a player, homossexual, or just have different likes compared to their gender.

0|1
    0|0
  • Um… no. Stop navigating life based on ideas of other people’s plumbing. I. e., don’t be stupid. “They” taught you to think simply. All the while you were created to think magnificently.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe. They might be her relationship Plan B. Or they might be like her brothers.

0|1
    0|0
  • If they are spending alone time with them I would worry, otherwise I have no problem with it.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think so. Not much point in being friends with the opposite gender really. Something wrong if it seems she can’t be girls.

0|0
    0|0
  • No they could just simply have a good amount of friends of the opposite sex. Nothing necessarily wrong with that

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how they interact with each other.

I personally only have female friends. Men annoy me for the most part.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have / had many female friends. never dated them but my ex was insanely jealous

0|0
    0|0
  • I can’t explain why, but I feel like yes it has to be a red flag.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why would it be?

0|0
    0|0
  • No, he had to a fe

0|0
    0|0
  • A red flag for what?
    I don't think so.

0|0
    0|0
  • It means that they have deep , dark secret.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. Male friends are pretty much unacceptable.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not for sure.

0|0
    0|0
  • l don't think so l am single and pure loyal

0|0
    0|0
  • I have no say in this because I have way more Male friends than female friends. And they're all single

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it’s not—but I do believe the partner should allow you to meet those friends or should be informed about them

1|1
    0|0
  • Definitely, she probably fucked them all

1|1
    0|0
    • Unless it’s a guy and then I guess I won’t have to worry

• Not always girls tend to get along more with guys than they do other girls anyway. Chances are most of those friends are in relationships, gay or deeply in the friend zone.

Now it she's always alone with them then yea probably a problem, maybe.

0|2
    0|0

Recommended myTakes